Confirmed with Link: [NSH/TOR] Franson and Santorelli for Jokinen, Leipsic, 1st Pt. II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If they drop a few spots and lose first round no? Leipsic may steal a spot next year. If Nashville goes out early how high can we draft?

The absolute highest we can draft with Nashville's pick is the place they finish (let's say 24th last aka 6th in the league) plus 4 spots (so that would be 22nd OA). However, for the pick to move up 4 spots from where they finished in the regular season, 4 teams BELOW them in the standings have to make the final 4.

Simply:
- 15-26 picks are the 12 teams eliminated from the playoffs in the first two rounds (8 in the first round, 4 in the second round). The 12 teams that lose in these 2 rounds are ranked by their season point totals and tiebreakers.

- 27-28 are the teams that lose in the conference finals. Which team picks 27 and 28 is determined by season point totals and tiebreakers between these 2 teams.

- 29th is SC loser.

- 30th is SC winner.

(somewhat) Realistically, the absolute lowest Nashville will finish is 10th OA. Meaning if 4 teams below them made the conference finals (very unlikely that all 4 teams in the conference are 4 of the bottom 6 teams in the playoffs), we would pick 17th OA. Much more likely we pick 22-25 assuming Nashville loses in one of the first 2 rounds.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Carolina got the best return for a UFA. Robbed LA basically

I wouldn't say robbed LA yet... LA already did the same type of moves by acquiring Carter and Gaborik late in the season to add to their playoff run. Two slumping players that they knew could be much better and useful in the playoffs. Both years it worked out perfect for them as they shored their biggest hole and they re-signed the player long-term after.

Let's wait until after the playoffs are over before determining that LA got robbed by Carolina. All we can know at the moment is that Carolina got a good return for Sekera.

mikebel111*

a little recap of trade

Mike Santorelli

Season+playoffs: GP 26 G 2 A 3 P 5 Rating -5

Cody Franson

Season+playoffs: GP 28 G 1 A 5 P 6 Rating +1

For

Brendan Leipsic

Season+playoffs(AHL): GP 28 G 8 A 12 P 20 Rating: +3

First rounder which is likely a decent-good prospect

I think we did great on this trade. Leipsic playoffs are still going on and didn't bother to use Olli Jokinen in here

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
a little recap of trade

Mike Santorelli

Cody Franson

For

Brendan Leipsic

I think we did great on this trade. Leipsic playoffs are still going on and didn't bother to use Olli Jokinen in here

Time to credit Nonis. One of his best trades was one of his last. Getting a 21-25th pick this draft(best in a decade) for Franson looks now to be a steal.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i still think Nashville made the wrong trade. they should have gone for Kessel. that's what sunk them (that + Weber having to have knee surgery).

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
a little recap of trade

Mike Santorelli

Cody Franson

For

Brendan Leipsic

Yup, great trade. And we also traded Jokinen for a 6th rounder as well. And that 6th could become a 3rd? if St Louis win the cup?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm glad the Preds got out early, but I wish Franson And Santo had played better. Now I'm worried that teams will be wary of trading for the Leaf's rentals.

But teams get burned every year at the trade deadline (look at Chicago this year), and it doesn't seem to affect anyone's mentality.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I was never fooled into thinking that Franson was good. He only looked good because he played with Dion this year and got some PP time.

He's garbage though... I wouldn't want him on my team at any price.

lol at people thinking he was worth $5mil.

mikebel111*

I was never fooled into thinking that Franson was good. He only looked good because he played with Dion this year and got some PP time.

IDK many times I heard he is so much better than Dion. Franson can only dream of being as good as Dion

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
probably bodes well for our chances at re-signing Santo. Would love to have him back. I think he would have been fun to watch with the Booth that showed up the last few weeks of the season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

When Wilson was coach, he didn't get anything out of Franson, infact he was a healthy scratch often.

It wasn't until Carlyle came on, that Franson reached his potential. It's fair to say, without Carlyle we would never have been able to parlay him into a likely 23rd pick in one of the deepest drafts in memory.

One may not like Carlyle and Nonis. But when we pick 23rd this draft, most should thank Carlyle for squeezing what he could from Franson, and to Nonis for squeezing Poille in this deal.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
probably bodes well for our chances at re-signing Santo. Would love to have him back. I think he would have been fun to watch with the Booth that showed up the last few weeks of the season.

Yeah, he had 5 points in 26 games in Nashville, I doubt they'll be clamoring to bring him back.

I think Santo's a good 3rd line RWer who can move up if injuries bite. I'd offer him a two year deal at $ 2 - 2.5 million per.

Shwaguy*

When Wilson was coach, he didn't get anything out of Franson, infact he was a healthy scratch often.

It wasn't until Carlyle came on, that Franson reached his potential. It's fair to say, without Carlyle we would never have been able to parlay him into a likely 23rd pick in one of the deepest drafts in memory.

One may not like Carlyle and Nonis. But when we pick 23rd this draft, most should thank Carlyle for squeezing what he could from Franson, and to Nonis for squeezing Poille in this deal.

Sure. But it doesn't make up for the 100 other idiotic things they did. Both had to go 2 years ago

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Correct me if I am wrong guys, but if St Louis, Montreal and Tampa get bounced in the 1st round, will that make Nashville's pick a top 20 since those 3 teams finished ahead of Nahville in the regular season standings?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Buy low on Franson. I think we can get him for 4.2m same contract as Jake.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am so happy with this trade not only we are going to get a player in 21st - 25th range but we also get a decent prospect in this deal

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Correct me if I am wrong guys, but if St Louis, Montreal and Tampa get bounced in the 1st round, will that make Nashville's pick a top 20 since those 3 teams finished ahead of Nahville in the regular season standings?

Check out the thread on "who should we take with the Nashville pick"

It's explained in there on the last few pages. A mod should probably stick the explanation it in the OP.

17-30 place get into the lottery...

"The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results.[7] Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners are then sorted by points, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks."

since there are no "Division finals" in the playoffs, the bolded means "Regular season Division winners"

Nashville came in second in their division. there are 4 divisions. They had the second best record of all 2nd place teams in each division (Lightening had more)
[/B]
Pick is at best 21.

I don't think it can get better.

30 - Stanley Cup Champion
29 - Eliminated in Finals
28 - Conference Finalist
27 - Conference Finalist
26 - Division winner with most points
25 - Division winner with second most points
24 - Division winner with third most points
23 - Division winner with fourth most points
22 - Tampa Bay
21 - Nashville

if any of those division winners moves on to the conference finals or Finals the pick gets worse.

We want all the division winners to lose by the second round.( Habs, ducks, blues and Rangers)

If any of those get into the final 4 the pick becomes one worse per team.

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

21 is best case .

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Buy low on Franson. I think we can get him for 4.2m same contract as Jake.

that's still an overpayment for a guy who was a #6 Dmen on a good team.

in that scenario they would pick 23rd. assuming NYR/Ana make the semi's

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
that's still an overpayment for a guy who was a #6 Dmen on a good team.

in that scenario they would pick 23rd. assuming NYR/Ana make the semi's

I would trade Polak and be happy about it still. Polak stinks. Nice guy though.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The idea that there's people that want Franson back is scary. He's just not that good.

Ya everyone says that. It's not really true. It's the same as Dion sucks or jake is terrible.

He may not be a 5m guy but he isn't a 3.8m Polak kinda guy either. Polak is garbage at his cap.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Franson is simply not that good and nowhere near worth $4.2 million per year. I want him nowhere on this team.

This trade has worked in our favor which no can complain about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad