Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Jonathan Marchessault signs with the Predators (5 years, $5.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
The Preds needed 2nd line scoring and they definitely have that now. The top two goalscorers in the free agent market this summer going there will do a job.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Preds have a lot of youth

Kemmell, Svechkov, Tomasino, Wood, L'herueux, & Evangelista

surprised they continue to sign longer term UFAs

Stamkos, RoR, Forsberg, Marsh, Novak, take up 5 top 6 spots

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
It is for 5 YEARS and he'll almost be 34 when the season starts. So he's almost be 40 when the deal is up.
It's a decent deal, but not s great as some make it up to be....

Reactions: Szechwan

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Damn you Preds... wanted him on the Ducks and this is a good contract. But can't blame him... lower cost of living and taxes, loud and fun city to play in, and they are still a playoff team.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Damn, if you had thought a few years ago that Duchene, RyJo and Ekholm would be gone, and that ROR, Stamkos and Marchessault would be Preds, it would've seemed like a massive longshot. Not sure if they can continue the trend of a massive retool while remaining competitive, but its pretty cool from a complete team remodeling-perspective.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Big Dick Trotz over here like...

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PredsV82

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He'll be 34 2 months into the season. I guess teams aren't scared of players nearing mid 30's anymore. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down so hopefully he can be consistently productive for years to come with Nashville.

Reactions: Szechwan

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seems cheap. But considering age and term, probably close to bang on.

I'm glad he's off the Knights. I'd rather face Hertl than Marchessault. Hertl is overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad