Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] G Scott Wedgewood signs with the Predators (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I'm not sure why they misuse Askarov. If you want value for him, you gotta let him play the back-up role and if he can flash some brilliance then he has trade value. Without that, he's not going to bring anything inside of a 3rd round pick. Don't understand this move.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm not sure why they misuse Askarov. If you want value for him, you gotta let him play the back-up role and if he can flash some brilliance then he has trade value. Without that, he's not going to bring anything inside of a 3rd round pick. Don't understand this move.
He needs more experience as a starter. I'm sure we know what we're doing when it comes to goalies.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Presumably they mix in Askarov over the course of the season? Can't see him being ok with two more full years in the AHL.
Hes gonna be traded for sure. Maybe Nashville wants to keep his value a mystery cause if he fails in small sample size, his value tanks.

Reactions: My3Sons

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
People need to stop whinging about Askarov. He's not ready. Or, if he takes a big jump this off-season and is able to beat out Wedgewood in camp (unlikely), then he'll get his chance. Wedgewood can be buried. It's a natural process. Askarov needs more work, and assuming he continues to progress, he'll get his chance. Whenever he's actually ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad