Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Michael McCarron signs extension with the Predators (1 year, $775k)

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Doesn't say if this is a one way deal but if so it's stupid. Not a huge fan either way

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Glad to see Big Mike get another NHL contract, I thought he would have been a solid 4th liner in the NHL in time but then he never really progressed in the AHL under some of the worst development I have ever seen. Wish he good luck next season.

Reactions: viceroy

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Glad to see Big Mike get another NHL contract, I thought he would have been a solid 4th liner in the NHL in time but then he never really progressed in the AHL under some of the worst development I have ever seen. Wish he good luck next season.
Yes and yes. He had a really nice AHL rookie season. Then Montreal tried to turn him into a goon. I think he could have been a Brian Boyle type of player, but the game got too fast for him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Good to see he got another deal. He's definitely an NHLer in my point or view.
He can "get by" in the NHL, in a purely 4th line role. So if a team wants some size and isn't trying to have a really good 4th line, or is just backfilling temporarily due to injuries, etc, then he can find a spot. But he couldn't play for every team.

I hope the Preds sign a couple of UFA forwards this summer, and that McCarron wouldn't even make the team. But I don't really expect those signings, and it's possible that McCarron could be a spare forward on opening night again. He's a valid option to have on hand in the AHL for callups too. So either way, at $775k, whether he's up or helping out in Milwaukee, it's still a good signing for the Preds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad