North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Just got sent down
While I’d love to keep both 14 and 16, my belief is 18/27 stay and one of the aforementioned gets moved. Only guessing Wakely as he would net a more valuable return.
Who wears letters?
OVS - C
Romani - A
Pro - A (maybe a sneaky pick for captain?)

With a road/home rotation
Ride - A
Kennedy -A

Some grade A hype the team is building up for Friday’s home/season opener. :huh:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
D-Wake was not on the ice at Wed. afternoon's workout. Maybe he is dealing with travel fatigue after the return from EDM, or . . .
If the end goal is to trade- and the market is still pretty high from Rehkopf and soon to be Barlow- they’ll get a high pick package for him right now.

I predict if we don’t see him in any games this week he is traded by the end of next week(hopefully to kingston for my sanity)

Romani if they trade him(I assume they will) they prob wait until Christmas and get a 16 year old plus picks.

Wakely should fetch 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths (same price as Logan Morrison)

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If the end goal is to trade- and the market is still pretty high from Rehkopf and soon to be Barlow- they’ll get a high pick package for him right now.

I predict if we don’t see him in any games this week he is traded by the end of next week(hopefully to kingston for my sanity)

Romani if they trade him(I assume they will) they prob wait until Christmas and get a 16 year old plus picks.

Wakely should fetch 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths (same price as Logan Morrison)
I see Flint as a possible player on him. He and Clattenburg were Oilers picks this year. They're in need of a top six upgrade and veteran C depth. They're also one of the teams expected to make a deep run this year.

Reactions: MJ5

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I see Flint as a possible player on him. He and Clattenburg were Oilers picks this year. They're in need of a top six upgrade and veteran C depth. They're also one of the teams expected to make a deep run this year.
Kingston has more picks and needs a big upgrade at centre too especially with how loaded the east is. Flint maybe gets it done if they dangle Lombardi and Kingston doesn’t dangle weir/velliaris

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston has more picks and needs a big upgrade at centre too especially with how loaded the east is. Flint maybe gets it done if they dangle Lombardi and Kingston doesn’t dangle weir/velliaris

Port Hope is roughly 40 minutes to Oshawa and 1.5 hrs to Kingston and Brampton, dependant upon traffic and weather. I’ll guess those are the three possible destinations, though I think it’s between Oshawa and Kingston.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
A’s to: 21/2/15

While I’d love to keep both 14 and 16, my belief is 18/27 stay and one of the aforementioned gets moved. Only guessing Wakely as he would net a more valuable return.
Who wears letters?
OVS - C
Romani - A
Pro - A (maybe a sneaky pick for captain?)

With a road/home rotation
Ride - A
Kennedy -A

Some grade A hype the team is building up for Friday’s home/season opener. :huh:
Almost called it perfectly. 👍🏻

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Presume this confirms D-Wake is as good as out the door. I have been checking the league site for lineups but the word is this game is not yet available. Looks like attendance will be knocking on the door of 4000.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Confirmed - the #14 slot is empty. I wonder if they will introduce him as an "extra" as part of the opening ceremony. No pressure, new GM John, the return better be special.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Confirmed - the #14 slot is empty. I wonder if they will introduce him as an "extra" as part of the opening ceremony. No pressure, new GM John, the return better be special.
Prob traded in next week or two I assume because he is definitely back now from the oilers camp.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Port Hope is roughly 40 minutes to Oshawa and 1.5 hrs to Kingston and Brampton, dependant upon traffic and weather. I’ll guess those are the three possible destinations, though I think it’s between Oshawa and Kingston.
I think oshawa is the front runner for Wakely if they don’t expect Roobroeck back.

Problem with this is Hopkins isn’t going to accept being 3C in his DY, and to me is too good for that role. You already have guindon up the middle too. I don’t really see kingston as a good fit for Wakely. Is the main reason everyone thinks kingston is the spot due to Chris Longo?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Problem with this is Hopkins isn’t going to accept being 3C in his DY, and to me is too good for that role. You already have guindon up the middle too. I don’t really see kingston as a good fit for Wakely. Is the main reason everyone thinks kingston is the spot due to Chris Longo?
Hopkins could move to the wing easily if need be

If wakely came to kingston he is the 1C, Guindon 2C. either McNamara/hopkins 3C.

they’d probably roll 3 good lines and have that 4th for younger players

Reactions: dirty12

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Hopkins could move to the wing easily if need be

If wakely came to kingston he is the 1C, Guindon 2C. either McNamara/hopkins 3C.

they’d probably roll 3 good lines and have that 4th for younger players
I think Hopkins requests a trade if that’s the case. He’s not going to accept that in his DY, and frankly shouldn’t. There were already rumblings he wanted out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad