OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's a competitive retooling, but they still have holes, especially at the defensive tackle position and the defensive ends are question marks.

They seem focused on addressing those areas in the first few days of free agency so far..

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Last year's Houston trade:

#12 + #33 + 2024 1st + 2024 3rd to move up from #12 to #3.

#12 ~ #11
#23 ~ 2024 1st

Still need to add ~#33 pick worth of value.
Hopefully we can without giving up next years first. Could be a good piece to regain some draft capital or get a good player. (Hopefully)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully we can without giving up next years first. Could be a good piece to regain some draft capital or get a good player. (Hopefully)
1, 2, and 3 to go from 12 to 3. Then going from 12 to 6 cost a 2. Net to go from 3 to 6 was an extra 1st and 3rd.

is 2 seconds equal to a 1 and 3? Maybe 1 more addition, but the question is how much does Minny need to ensure that they jump NYG and don't give the NYG a chance to jump them? Meaning that they can't just deal with LAC for 5 and leave the door open for the NYG to jump them with AZ at 4? Going from 4 to 6 leaves AZ their choice of one of the top WR or OT in the draft still to help Murray.

But, going from 4 to 11 and 23 and whatever, that's a lot different and I think the top 3 WR could/will be off the board at 11. Probably down to OT 3 as I would expect LAC and NYJ to take OT. NYG would that Harrison JR, Chicago would likely take a WR. So, really down to what TEN does at 7 as I think ATL at 8 needs to get some D. So, AZ would be left with OT3 or WR3. So, need to get more in return to drop down there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Surely McCarthy is not worth an 11 and a 23? There are basically two QB's that are, if not sure things, then potentially top QB's, then Daniels, who is a maybe, then a bunch of question marks? It seems like McCarthy's stock has risen after the season's play, which is kind of weird, and panicky on the part of teams that need QB's.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I guess it comes down to which prospect KOC likes best and doing whatever it takes to get him. If KOC likes Maye or Daniels, I think they will swing for the fence.

Their jobs are on the line, they need to get this right.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surely McCarthy is not worth an 11 and a 23? There are basically two QB's that are, if not sure things, then potentially top QB's, then Daniels, who is a maybe, then a bunch of question marks? It seems like McCarthy's stock has risen after the season's play, which is kind of weird, and panicky on the part of teams that need QB's.
Well, there is a price to pay. I mean, if the Giants want him, the #6 pick is way more valuable than 11 as it gives AZ their choice of the top WR or OT in the draft, both are helpful to their QB.

What are you asking the team AZ/LAC for example to pass up to drop to 11? Some high end WR and OT at the top of this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad