GDT: Nobodies vs THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How cups will the Blues be awarded by beating us tonight?

• Just ours

Votes: 10 21.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

• All of them

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well of course it would take a fluke goal against a team currently consisting of maybe half replacement-level guys for this Blues team to win. Blues beat the Avs early last season, too. Enjoy it while it lasts

Reactions: katfude

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just so dumb.
You have the Blues defenders outnumbered 2 to 1... Just put the puck on net and win the battles for rebounds.
3 guys are open on a 6 on 3 and that was the end result. 3 shots wide from mackinnon and a Makar wide open net he doesnt wanna shoot. Earned the loss. Oh yah another game where they allowed 30+ shots against.

Didn't see the whole 5-3 or 6-3... did the Avs get a single SOG?
Makars shot thats about it. Unacceptable but when you wanna play globetrotter hockey thats what you get.

Reactions: katfude

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Frustrating. Avs did juuuust enough to lose.

Binnington much as I’m loathe to admit it, was elite tonight. Georgiev wasn’t horrible but he wasn’t great either. Finally let in a legit softie there. And yes I know it was deflected but he got careless and wasn’t hugging the post.

Five on three…unreal how they manage to make that look so bad. And IMO Bednar made a mistake pulling the goalie. Way too many players doing absolutely nothing.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Should be getting Nuke back by then no?
Lol.

Honestly, these ahead games for the core guys and some of the depth guys with all these injuries could be a blessing later in the season. I do think McFarland and Sakic are going to have to be aggressive if they want to repeat
MacFarland must realize this team as presently constructed is very flawed. Needs a couple of middle-six forwards to really make an impact. I hope he knows what he's doing.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Frustrating. Avs did juuuust enough to lose.

Binnington much as I’m loathe to admit it, was elite tonight. Georgiev wasn’t horrible but he wasn’t great either. Finally let in a legit softie there. And yes I know it was deflected but he got careless and wasn’t hugging the post.

Five on three…unreal how they manage to make that look so bad. And IMO Bednar made a mistake pulling the goalie. Way too many players doing absolutely nothing.
The guy that came out was Newhook so it was like having a 5 on 3 anyways

Reactions: The Moops

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Oh and this one's for the bLues lurkers:

1405333170.jpg

Eat up, f***ers

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I also thought this was a subpar game for Devon Toews. Made a bad pinch on the first STL goal and then didn’t gap up on the third goal. And I’m pretty sure it was his stick the second goal deflected off of.

Oh well…Avs overall were not terrible, they just couldn’t get that third goal.

Weird game overall. Don’t remember the last time I saw so many Avs passes bounce off sticks.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Aside from missed open nets, I thought Hunt had is better game. You could see that EJ always wants to beat the Blues. ERod is overpassing, he's a shooter and should shoot everytime. Englund is pretty fast for a big dude. Manson is struggling with the puck, no bueno. Newhook is lost. Kaut is getting there slowly. I like Ranta's physicality, I want to see more. Top line + top pair a combined -7, you win with your top players. you lose with your top players. MacNorris should get more than 13 min, he's better than Manson right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad