Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Tomas Tatar signs with the Devils (1 year, $1.8M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I guess they must think he’s better for this year than Holtz. Advanced stats absolutely loved him in his last year with the Devils…but of course he was stapled to Hischier’s line all year

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I hope they find more offensive depth for the playoffs because he’ll get scratched right away.

Good chance that Gritsyuk will be coming over after the KHL season is over as this is the final year of his KHL contract. He's the Devils top offensive prospect and will be 24 by the time the playoffs roll around.

Was 2nd in goals and had the highest goals per game on a very good SKA team that finished 2nd in points last season.

Reactions: Inno and My3Sons

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
They replaced Holtz with Tatar? Yikes
Says the fan of the team who just traded for Reilly Smith lol. I'd take Tatar at 1.8 million over Smith @ 5 million any day of the week.

And to answer your question , you can argue Stefan Noesen will replace Holtz. Both players who won't really be in the top 6 too much and Noesen is a more rounded player than Holtz.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
I'd love to have a better player. But NJ needs wingers who can play a middle-6 role. Tatar might be a good option. He knows the organisation and played well with Nico. Let's goooo ...

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
He played good with Hischier and Bratt, the room loved him, the fans loved him, the media loved him.

I can accept it at 1.8 mil
Unfortunately, that's also the only place Palat played well too...and he can't be moved yet. Meier also didn't gel with Hughes, but that could change at least.

If Mercer rebounds and can play some C, then the Devs might be able to get away with their current C depth. If Mercer can't do that though and there is an injury at C, the Devs are f'd. Would have preferred keeping the cap space for a 3C or utility C/W, even if a trade was needed to get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad