Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] D Santeri Hatakka re-signs with the Devils (1 year, $775k, two-way)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He looked good the brief bit he did play and even though its not that great of a stat a +5 in the 12 games he did play with the Devils is pretty good given how bad the team overall was.at the time.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
giphy.webp

I don't actually know much about him tbh. But every time i see his name pop up in some re-signing or assignment (or usually injury transaction it seems), it makes me want a big sombrero and a margarita.

aqsw

PM
Sponsor
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
I don't understand. You're D is stacked now, and Casey can step in at anytime.
Always liked NJ, I predicted you top 10 last year. Shows how much I know!
Same prediction this year.
Good Luck Jersey!!
Except in the finals against the Jets!

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don't understand. You're D is stacked now, and Casey can step in at anytime.
Always liked NJ, I predicted you top 10 last year. Shows how much I know!
Same prediction this year.
Good Luck Jersey!!
Except in the finals against the Jets!
Devils don't have a ton of reliable LD depth. After the starters and Hatakka, it's Misyul (0 NHL games), Vilen (0 NHL games) and uh, I'm literally not sure who else. Think the team is just trying to have options and hope somebody surprises when injuries hit.

And he was legitimately pretty good with NJ in a small sample last year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Devils don't have a ton of reliable LD depth. After the starters and Hatakka, it's Misyul (0 NHL games), Vilen (0 NHL games) and uh, I'm literally not sure who else. Think the team is just trying to have options and hope somebody surprises when injuries hit.

And he was legitimately pretty good with NJ in a small sample last year.
That's six guys on a left defense depth chart. That's three NHL regulars and three legit prospects. Not many teams have more than that.

Reactions: HBK27

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
That's six guys on a left defense depth chart. That's three NHL regulars and three legit prospects. Not many teams have more than that.
Sure, but my point is more that after 3 (theoretically) good NHL players, without Hatakka, there's two prospects who have yet to have a cup of coffee. If you're a contending team, I think you want SOMEBODY who has at least touched NHL ice in reserve, if possible.

Thus the Hatakka signing.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hatakka was quite good last year, I would argue he played better than both Bahl and Smith. Going into this season I thought he would be the ideal 6/7 guy, but with all the adds to our blueline he's probably looking more like the 8th.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
*Kovacevic, Hatakka

Really good mix of youth and experience, skill and grit, and far better quality of depth than we've seen from NJ's defense in a long time.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hatakka was quite good last year, I would argue he played better than both Bahl and Smith. Going into this season I thought he would be the ideal 6/7 guy, but with all the adds to our blueline he's probably looking more like the 8th.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
*Kovacevic, Hatakka

Really good mix of youth and experience, skill and grit, and far better quality of depth than we've seen from NJ's defense in a long time.
Hatakka Kovacevic as a fourth pairing looks pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad