Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] D Daniil Misyul signs ELC with the Devils (2 years, $867.5k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
It’ll be good to have him in NA to see what we’ve got in him. Once Graves and Severson leave there will be room for depth guys to get some NHL time. It’s great to have these home grown players in the AHL developing for whenever they’re needed. Injuries are always a part of the equation and he plays a defensive style that should help off set the offensive defensemen we’ll have next season

Reactions: MitchMurphy

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Ultimately every kid controls their destiny. Not holding my breath but cool to see him come over.

He was a very intriguing prospect, looked to be a lanky all-arounder at the time of the draft.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Honestly I just expected him to stay in Russia forever.

Nice to have him come over, but good luck cracking this defense with Hamilton, Siegenthaler, Marino, Hughes, Nemec, Casey, and Bahl either on their way or already here long term.

Casey is a small offensive defenseman who isn't even 20, while Misyul is a defensive one and with size and more than 200 games in the KHL. As to others, well, it's gonna be tough to compete vs guys who already have NHL experience, but Misyul is pretty good and there is always a posibility to get back home...

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
A little surprised but in a good way. Doesn't seem to be a lot of room with Luke Hughes, Topias Vilen and Simon Nemec on the way and Kevin Bahl coming into his own.

Nice problem to have.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Even in the AHL the guy will be making currency that he can actually spend, so there's that.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Casey is a small offensive defenseman who isn't even 20, while Misyul is a defensive one and with size and more than 200 games in the KHL. As to others, well, it's gonna be tough to compete vs guys who already have NHL experience, but Misyul is pretty good and there is always a posibility to get back home...
Casey is much more than an offensive defenseman.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was optimistic when the brought him over - liked Zaitsev as well following him in the KHL and thought he would provide the hardness that is in short supply on the Devils' blueline - but Misyul played only 44 games (all with Utica).

Was he injured last year? Or do the Devils simply view him as "organizational depth"?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Quick Google search mentioned that Misyul missed a five game stretch in January. He got a call up in late January (around the same time Cal Foote / Team Canada case was announced); I recall the broadcast showing Misyul take warmups but he ended up not dressing.

I'd expect Misyul to start in the AHL this season and they'll bring in a vet to replace Bahl's spot with Santeri Hatakka having the inside track to be the #7D.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Quick Google search mentioned that Misyul missed a five game stretch in January. He got a call up in late January (around the same time Cal Foote / Team Canada case was announced); I recall the broadcast showing Misyul take warmups but he ended up not dressing.

I'd expect Misyul to start in the AHL thisRemember season and they'll bring in a vet to replace Bahl's spot with Santeri Hatakka having the inside track to be the #7D.

I recall that. But a five-game stretch doesn't add up to more than 25 games out of the Comets' lineup.

Agree about the outsiders being signed.

But unless they do another Fitzgerald overpay (not out of the question) don't see it being Brett Pesce.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
But unless they do another Fitzgerald overpay (not out of the question) don't see it being Brett Pesce.

I think it'll be a boring LHD, not sure we have the long term cap space to get a big fish. For this season, my best guess:

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
TBD-Nemec
Hatakka
----------------
Misyul-Casey

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Was optimistic when the brought him over - liked Zaitsev as well following him in the KHL and thought he would provide the hardness that is in short supply on the Devils' blueline - but Misyul played only 44 games (all with Utica).

Was he injured last year? Or do the Devils simply view him as "organizational depth"?
He is not an NHL caliber hockey player. Hope this helps

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
He is not an NHL caliber hockey player. Hope this helps
I disagree. I actually think Misyul might be able to carve out a bottom pairing role. I liked what I saw out of him for at least a couple games in Utica.

He’s definitely a lower tier prospect though, in his first season in NA.
I don’t think it’s particularly surprising the Devils didn’t give him any NHL games. Hatakka had previous NHL games and more AHL time so He obvious got the call first.

RE: the original question.

As for the missed games, Misyul missed 5 for injury in January, 3 during his call up (also January), 5 more for injury in early February, and then 12 more for injury in March.

When he was available, he played.

Reactions: My3Sons

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I disagree. I actually think Misyul might be able to carve out a bottom pairing role. I liked what I saw out of him for at least a couple games in Utica.

He’s definitely a lower tier prospect though, in his first season in NA.
I don’t think it’s particularly surprising the Devils didn’t give him any NHL games. Hatakka had previous NHL games and more AHL time so He obvious got the call first.

RE: the original question.

As for the missed games, Misyul missed 5 for injury in January, 3 during his call up (also January), 5 more for injury in early February, and then 12 more for injury in March.

When he was available, he played.
He might be able to down the line. But let's not pretend he would have been able to hang at the NHL level this past year. He would have gotten torched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad