Proposal: Nj - sj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
To SJ:
Jacob Josefson (played well under Deboer)
John Quenneville or McLeod
Joshua Jacobs
1st round pick 2017
2nd round pick 2018

To NJ:
Brent Burns
contract dump player
3rd round pick 2018

Devils then offer Burns 8 years x 9 Million a year contract

Last edited:

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Awful. No interest in a quality for quantity trade involving Burns. As mentioned above, this could very well be our best chance to win a Cup for a while. If we were in a position to deal him, I'd want Zacha as part of the package coming back. But no reason for New Jersey to give up their best forward prospect when they are so thin in that area and Burns can just walk after the year.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Yes. They will prioritize signing Burns over Marleau and the Wingels money will probably be freed up.

well then forget it, if I were SJ I'd rather have a signed Burns

But

Hall -Henrique - Palmieri
Cammalleri- Zajac -DSP
Boucher/Elias - Zacha - Bennett
Kalinin -Fiddler - ?

Greene - Severson
Moore - Burns
Merrill/Santini - Lovejoy/Santini

Schneider

that's a playoff team, our cap space is unlimited. We haven't had a defenseman like Burns since Niedermayer left.... that was over ten years ago, and we just traded Larsson who was as solid as a rock

Last edited:

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
well then forget it, if I were SJ I'd rather have a signed Burns

But

Hall -Henrique - Palmieri
Cammalleri- Zajac -DSP
Boucher/Elias - Zacha - Bennett
Kalinin -Fiddler - ?

Greene - Severson
Moore - Burns
Merrill/Santini - Lovejoy/Santini

Schneider

that's a playoff team, our cap space is unlimited. We haven't had a defenseman like Burns since Niedermayer left.... that was over ten years ago, and we just traded Larsson who was as solid as a rock
I see more than one question mark in that "playoff team" list.

And lol at putting Burns on the second pairing.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To SJ:
Jacob Josefson (played well under Deboer)
John Quenneville or McLeod
Joshua Jacobs
1st round pick 2017
2nd round pick 2018

To NJ:
Brent Burns
contract dump player
3rd round pick 2018

Devils then offer Burns 8 years x 9 Million a year contract

Meh...doesn't seem great but if they're letting him walk the maybe? Lot of quantity in there and maybe not enough quality, I dunno...

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Not a fan of either teams but why would the devils do this. Burns is too old for them. By the time they will be good burns will be much worse. Usually, teams trading for older players are contenders

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
SJ says no immediately. They have no reason to do this.

And, honestly, if we're going to purge futures, I'd prefer a LD. I'm fine rolling with Severson-Lovejoy-Santini on the right side.

YaKraM

Feb 2, 2016
Yowch. Value wise, in a vacuum I don't think it's terrible, but it's really awful for both teams. SJ just came off a SCF loss, has a team with some aging stars that really needs to win in the next year or two if they have a shot. NJ is basically in the last year of a rebuild, stockpiling draft picks and high quality (hopefully) prospects. They might be a bubble team next year, but they're not going to be competing in the next few years, until Zacha, McLeod, Santini, maybe even Quenneville, Blandisi, and a few others mature into solid NHL roles. Selling picks and prospects will set them back a few more years, as they squander the last couple of high production years Burns has, while SJ loses one of their top producers and falls back into that spiral of disappointing early playoff exits. Huge no from both sides.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess he can enjoy his visit with the Stanley Cup.... oh wait

That's your response when you're throwing Larsson around? Larsson, who has a career high in points equal to what Burns did this past playoff, and doesn't know what it means to win a playoff series AND with a career point total that is less than what Burns did last season but yeah I guess he can enjoy his visit with the Stanley Cup too...oh wait. That's so dumb.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I guess he can enjoy his visit with the Stanley Cup.... oh wait

You: Burns sucked during the playoffs
Me: He was great
You: His team didn't win though

I'm not sure what that has to do with Burns' specific individual performance during the playoffs, other than the fact you don't really have a good response and just wanted to take a cheap, easy potshot rather than actually respond intelligently.

Regardless, it's a good thing your Devils did trade Larsson for a tried, true, and battle tested playoff warrior like Taylor Hall.

And I guess Corey Schneider is a bottom-10 goalie, since he led a bottom-10 team to a bottom-10 finish.

I can go all day.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
You: Burns sucked during the playoffs
Me: He was great
You: His team didn't win though

I'm not sure what that has to do with Burns' specific individual performance during the playoffs, other than the fact you don't really have a good response and just wanted to take a cheap, easy potshot rather than actually respond intelligently.

Regardless, it's a good thing your Devils did trade Larsson for a tried, true, and battle tested playoff warrior like Taylor Hall.

And I guess Corey Schneider is a bottom-10 goalie, since he led a bottom-10 team to a bottom-10 finish.

I can go all day.

Burns is a very good d man. I was just very surprised how bad he looked (to me) in the games I saw. In those games I watched he took bad penalties, made bad reads etc. He cost them more than he helped.

I'm sure your happy Hall is out of your conference, your welcome.
Yup I'll take bottom feeder Schneider don't you worry

I can go all day too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad