Nintendo Switch #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nintendo-adjacent, but the Summoning Salt documentary on the pro community around the NES Tetris was fantastic.

Shockingly, worth a two hour time sink.

Add it to NSO somehow, Nintendo.

Reactions: Beau Knows

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you like Zelda and have too much money on your hands, you can drop three benjamins on this.

77092.png

Not going to lie, I'd think about getting that at a hundred bucks, but that's at least three times more than I'd remotely consider paying.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If you like Zelda and have too much money on your hands, you can drop three benjamins on this.

77092.png

Not going to lie, I'd think about getting that at a hundred bucks, but that's at least three times more than I'd remotely consider paying.
yeah, I have a hard time seeing that as a $300 set. That nintendo trademark is just too expensive.

Reactions: S E P H

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

77092.png

Shame on Nintendo for signing off on this costing a fortune when they have so many young fans

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's Lego in general
I had to buy some Lego Star Wars sets for Christmas gifts and honestly, a lot of them are pretty reasonably priced if you exclude those insane MF, AT, or Star Destroyer 800+ buck ones. But this Zelda one is Pejorative Slured, I don't even see how you can justify that set being over 200 bucks in an inflation period...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I had to buy some Lego Star Wars sets for Christmas gifts and honestly, a lot of them are pretty reasonably priced if you exclude those insane MF, AT, or Star Destroyer 800+ buck ones. But this Zelda one is Pejorative Slured, I don't even see how you can justify that set being over 200 bucks in an inflation period...

I just looked up a comp. There's a TIE Interceptor Lego set that has about 600 less pieces that costs about $70 less. Seems like it's about on par price to piece-wise.

That being said, I hope they do some much smaller Zelda sets, too. There's definitely a demand for entry-level and small set fans that would want in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With the final Nintendo Direct of the Switch era later this month, what are peoples predictions?

I'm thinking we get Metroid 2 and 3 remasters as well as a Zelda game remastered. Thinking either Twilight Princes or Wind Waker as they are already HD on the Wii U.

If we are lucky, maybe we get some more Metroid 4 info, my bet would it's one of the year one titles for the Switch 2.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I absolutely adore my launch week switch. I have put so many hours into wonderful games, alone and with my family. It has survived two toddlers turning into Nintendo obsessed kids and just general life.

But every now and then I look at the OLED model and wonder if I should upgrade.

We're close to Switch 2, do I even bother?

With the final Nintendo Direct of the Switch era later this month, what are peoples predictions?

I'm thinking we get Metroid 2 and 3 remasters as well as a Zelda game remastered. Thinking either Twilight Princes or Wind Waker as they are already HD on the Wii U.

If we are lucky, maybe we get some more Metroid 4 info, my bet would it's one of the year one titles for the Switch 2.

I'm nearly done with the Link's awakening remake (I missed it at launch). What a beautiful game, 8 year old me would be floored by it.

My 6 year old son has been watching me play and "helping" with the dungeons. Such a cool feeling, seeing as I still have my original Gameboy and copy of Link's Awakening somewhere in the loft.

I never played Wind Waker so I really hope it comes to Switch. Me and the 6 year old will be able to experience it for the first time, together.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We're close to Switch 2, do I even bother?
At this point I would wait until the Switch 2 unless you find an incredible deal. I'm on the same boat with a launch switch, it has treated me well and at this point I will be rocking it until the Switch 2!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 9 AM Central. Explicitly no Switch 2 news, no surprise.

Gotta be slim pickings with a new console unveiling under a year away. Hopefully at least something good related to Mario or Zelda, maybe a new third party crack at either of them. Another Cadence of Hyrule game would be damn swell, for instance. But low expectations that there will be many, if any, must-haves announced.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We for sure get another remaster of some kind. Thinking it will be Zelda.

Maybe Metroid 2 & 3 as well.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I remember hearing rumblings about a Donkey Kong game being made by the Mario odyssey team a while back it’s been 10 years since a DK game if you’re not counting Mario Vs Donkey Kong. I’m not really expecting anything too crazy as far as anything but besides a remake or remaster. Personally I’d like to see another roadmap of upcoming NSO games and if they are going to continue coming to switch or if you’ll have to upgrade to the successor.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We for sure get another remaster of some kind. Thinking it will be Zelda.

Maybe Metroid 2 & 3 as well.

I'd be all about a Switch version of Wind Waker, so that'd be a solid port in my book. Less intetested in TP, but I'd at least possibly get it rather than lolnoping at buying SS again.

I remember hearing rumblings about a Donkey Kong game being made by the Mario odyssey team a while back it’s been 10 years since a DK game if you’re not counting Mario Vs Donkey Kong. I’m not really expecting anything too crazy as far as anything but besides a remake or remaster. Personally I’d like to see another roadmap of upcoming NSO games and if they are going to continue coming to switch or if you’ll have to upgrade to the successor.

I'd love that team to either do a DK or another Mario game, either/or. But I'd be shocked if that was a late Switch title rather than an early Switch 2 title at the earliest. Maybe cross-"gen" given the Switch's enormous install base.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I think we might get a cross gen like Breath of the Wild was, but then it said the show is for second half of 24 and Switch 2 isn't until this time next year, probably, so would they have the game release sixish months apart?

I'm hoping for a 3d Mario game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad