Value of: Niko Mikkola UFA 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
My comparable would be Chiarot as a first-time UFA, who got 3 or 4 years at 3.5M. The cap hasn't really moved since, so the comparable should still make sense.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Whatever the contract, I expect a serious case of buyer's remorse to follow not long after.
Depends on the contract, I guess. ELC, league minimum will always look better, but he's looked like a solid 3rd pairing, defensemen. The problem is how much better Is he than a 6th call up? Right now we don't have options and if we had the money, I'd pay him 2.5. But we don't. He's been a pretty good team player since NYR acquired him.

Reactions: Stubu

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't commit to him. He's fine. Like, that's it. He's fine. You can find what he does for league minimum.

I think he stands out in a positive way to Rangers fans because he's actually an NHL bottom pairing D as opposed to trash ass Braden Schneider and whatever below-replacement plug is drowning on the SS Schneider.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well, one of the (if not) the best defensive d-men Esa Lindell
has a 6 000 000 cap hit until 24-25.

Not saying Mikkola is as good as Lindell but, i think Niko is worth 4 mill.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
I don't know what he will get paid however the only real question for the Canucks is whether he is a Dan Milstein client?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I wouldn't commit to him. He's fine. Like, that's it. He's fine. You can find what he does for league minimum.

I think he stands out in a positive way to Rangers fans because he's actually an NHL bottom pairing D as opposed to trash ass Braden Schneider and whatever below-replacement plug is drowning on the SS Schneider.

This is not true. Ben Harpur is a lot closer to what you are going to find and end up with if you go trash bin hunting for someone at league minimum, not Mikkola.

Mikkola is going to a get a multi year, multi million dollar offers for sure. A good bottom pairing dman who can stabilize your Dcore a bit and play above his head on 2nd or 1st pair in a complimentary role.

He's better than youre giving him credit for.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is not true. Ben Harpur is what you are going to find if you go trash bin hunting for someone at league minimum, not Nikko Mikkola.

Mikkola is going to a get a multi year, multi million dollar offers for sure. A good bottom pairing dman who can stabilize your Dcore a bit and play above his head on 2nd or 1st pair in a complimentary role.

He's better than youre giving him credit for.
Ben Harpur isn't what you get for league minimum, Ben Harpur is what you get when a grocery bagger stays in the league because he's like 6'10". That's completely different.

Plenty of bottom-pairing D are better than Mikkola or as good, and will make less because they're not getting a showcase next to Adam Fox.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Ben Harpur isn't what you get for league minimum, Ben Harpur is what you get when a grocery bagger stays in the league because he's like 6'10". That's completely different.

Plenty of bottom-pairing D are better than Mikkola or as good, and will make less because they're not getting a showcase next to Adam Fox.

Not any scrub can come close to handling or filling in top pair minutes, even if it's shotgun with Adam Fox. Again I think you are underrating him.

You mentioned league minimum at first, which is just hyperbole. Look at the players making league minimum, it's either totla scrubs or young players who haven't gotten paid yet.

Depends on what kind of contract he's looking at.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
A lifetime supply of Ri-col-la….
Good call, especially when yodeling it out loud, but alas, this doesn't work any more; Pens fans did it to death already when they had Juuso Riikola in the roster 2018-2022. It didn't work out but the memes stay.

(I shudder to inform Rongos fans about this. They think their humor is original.)

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Good call, especially when yodeling it out loud, but alas, this doesn't work any more; Pens fans did it to death already when they had Juuso Riikola in the roster 2018-2022. It didn't work out but the memes stay.

(I shudder to inform Rongos fans about this. They think their humor is original.)

Did Pens fans sing it like the Ricola commercials or did someone have to honk a horn three times to start the chant?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad