Value of: Nikita Zaitsev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I predict a quiet thread.

I also just dont think theres any value in getting rid of his right now. Let JBD and Thomson cook a bit longer and then bring them in to compete with Z & Brown for a spot. Play the best players and, if Z isn't one of them, we probably just need to use him as our 7D until his contract is off the books.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I predict a quiet thread.

I also just dont think theres any value in getting rid of his right now. Let JBD and Thomson cook a bit longer and then bring them in to compete with Z & Brown for a spot. Play the best players and, if Z isn't one of them, we probably just need to use him as our 7D until his contract is off the books.
They need Zaitsevs money off the books to extend Zub.

Secondly we're in a scenario where the GM needs to step in and take a choice out of the coach's hands. Right now Zaitsev needs to get healthy scratched or benched. Throwing him right back out there is not working. The coaching staff will not do it. I know he can play better than this we have all seen it but right now he should not be in an NHL lineup. It's setting a bad precedent and standard for a developing team.

Would a 2nd round pick, a prospect and a salary dump of a player on a one year contract get this done?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
They need Zaitsevs money off the books to extend Zub.

Secondly we're in a scenario where the GM needs to step in and take a choice out of the coach's hands. Right now Zaitsev needs to get healthy scratched or benched. Throwing him right back out there is not working. The coaching staff will not do it. I know he can play better than this we have all seen it but right now he should not be in an NHL lineup. It's setting a bad precedent and standard for a developing team.

Would a 2nd round pick, a prospect and a salary dump of a player on a one year contract get this done?

I agree, ideally he would be scratched. I just dont think we have anyone to scratch him for - which is why I wouldnt pay assets to trade him. Hell, we've rotated MDZ and Mete in and out all year and last night was the first time one of them had a decent game.

Zaitsev will only have one year left when Zub's contract is up, I don't see any connection on that front.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree, ideally he would be scratched. I just dont think we have anyone to scratch him for - which is why I wouldnt pay assets to trade him. Hell, we've rotated MDZ and Mete in and out all year and last night was the first time one of them had a decent game.

Zaitsev will only have one year left when Zub's contract is up, I don't see any connection on that front.
Mete has had atleast 4 games where he has been better than any game Zaitsev has played this season. He has been strapped with Brown or Zaitsev every game. I think considering who his partners are he has been fine. The team has plenty of better options than Zaitsev right now, including MDZ and Brannstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad