Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I'm thinking 1 year around 1.5 to 2 million with bonuses. Which raises the q about when he becomes UFA (there is an answer but I don't know it). I could def see him trying to go straight to UFA to get paid. Hasn't been a smooth relationship with the Nucks and teams would line up for a player with his size and physicality (assuming he has a decent season with Van next year.

He isn't eligible for any bonuses. Only ELC (bonuses follow strict guidelines and limits) and 35+ contracts are eligible for bonuses.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
There’s a way to make this contract work so it benefits both parties.

Year 1: 3mil
Year 2: 1.5mil
Year 3: 0.75mil

Contract is 1.75mil cap hit. If Tryamkin doesn’t cut it in the NHL they mutually terminate his contract after a year, and he can go back to the KHL.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Craig Button doesnt have a high opinion on Tryamkin..lol...thinks there's going to be better options for D men popping up in the off season.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

Contract is 1.75mil cap hit. If Tryamkin doesn’t cut it in the NHL they mutually terminate his contract after a year, and he can go back to the KHL.

There's no way that wouldn't be cap circumvention. It would be basically the same as the Luongo contract situation except fewer years and less money.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Definitely not legal contract. Not sure what %age of decrease they allow for off the top of my head, but it's definitely less than that.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
There's no way that wouldn't be cap circumvention. It would be basically the same as the Luongo contract situation except fewer years and less money.

Definitely not legal contract. Not sure what %age of decrease they allow for off the top of my head, but it's definitely less than that.

I thought a salary could drop by 50% per year. Virtanen is paid 3.4mil in year 1, and only 1.7mil in year 2 of his contract.

There could be a rule where a salary must be at least 50% of the cap hit or something, I can’t recall, but in either case the concept remains the same:

Year 3: 1.5mil

Cap hit: 2mil

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I thought a salary could drop by 50% per year. Virtanen is paid 3.4mil in year 1, and only 1.7mil in year 2 of his contract.

There could be a rule where a salary must be at least 50% of the cap hit or something, I can’t recall, but in either case the concept remains the same:

Year 3: 1.5mil

Cap hit: 2mil

Front-loaded contracts now cannot change in salary by more than 25% in adjacent seasons and the lowest annual compensation has to be at least 60% of the highest year's.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm out of the loop. Has anything indicated that Tryamkin is signing here? Or is this all speculation?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Craig nailed it. It would be a big mistake bringing this guy back. Perhaps circle back in Late july once we know what real NHL defenders may be available this summer

Button is usually pretty supportive of Benning's moves. Perhaps this is a clue that Benning won't be bringing Tryamkin back.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The agent said he was a top 4 D in the NHL. Button said no way. I'd say the agent is the one with the bias here.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Craig nailed it. It would be a big mistake bringing this guy back. Perhaps circle back in Late july once we know what real NHL defenders may be available this summer
Button definitely has a valid point..Do you hitch your wagon to Tryamkin, or wait and play the field..?.. (there's going to be deals out there with this current cap)...
Getting a 260 lbs D man does seem enticing though,...but realistically, he slots in at a good 3rd pairing D man...I like the way that Travis Hamonic is playing lately, he would be a bigger priority IMO.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Button definitely has a valid point..Do you hitch your wagon to Tryamkin, or wait and play the field..?.. (there's going to be deals out there with this current cap)...
Getting a 260 lbs D man does seem enticing though,...but realistically, he slots in at a good 3rd pairing D man...I like the way that Travis Hamonic is playing lately, he would be a bigger priority IMO.
Sure if you trust Jim Benning to make solid UFA signings.

Reactions: Hit the post

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
There's nothing to indicate that..I dont even recall him being on any special teams for a start.
Agreed. I think Dhaliwal is adding to the hype around Tryamkin. He has a lot to prove in the NHL. The agent is just trying to represent his client well. And, as has been said by agents, Benning is easy to work with.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d take a roll of the dice personally on Tryamkin. Like you I’m sceptical as to his ability to be any more than a bottom pairing guy but I think we have a lot of holes to fill on the back end and need to use every option possible. I’d sign him on a fairly cheap deal plus go after a UFA guy and probably look at bringing back Hamonic. Then throw Juolevi and Rafferty into the mix. Schmidt, Hughes and Myers are really the only experienced guys signed next year. We need 5 more to cover for the inevitable injuries.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I’d take a roll of the dice personally on Tryamkin. Like you I’m sceptical as to his ability to be any more than a bottom pairing guy but I think we have a lot of holes to fill on the back end and need to use every option possible. I’d sign him on a fairly cheap deal plus go after a UFA guy and probably look at bringing back Hamonic. Then throw Juolevi and Rafferty into the mix. Schmidt, Hughes and Myers are really the only experienced guys signed next year. We need 5 more to cover for the inevitable injuries.

I would roll the dice on Tryamkin as well. Heck, I would even be agreeable to signing him to a 2 year contract (at an affordable cap hit).

I honestly think he's an NHL calibre Dman. He skates well enough where his size and reach can really impact the game defensively. I don't see much downside as long as the cap hit is reasonable. If it doesn't work out he's going to find a team in the KHL and go back to and the contract disappears. At the very least if it works out he's a potential asset that you would otherwise in a year's time anyways.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

Agree re: Tryamkin as long as the contract is quite modest. Okay with re-signing Hamonic for a couple of years at a respectable third-pair cap hit. Rafferty is Group 6 UFA, might be going elsewhere. Chatfield will also be Group 6 but he's clearly ahead of Rafferty on Green's pecking order and getting chances to play so I think he will probably re-sign with the Canucks.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Would I rather hamonic at 1.25M or tryamkin at 1.25M hmmm, I’d go with the latter. If button means via trade, not like we have cap space. If tryamkin’s 1.5M (max I see him getting) prevents us from making a trade for a good player being given away, then it’s not tryamkin’s contract causing the problem. It’s other contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad