Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous thread: Player Discussion - Nikita Tryamkin | V

Last post from previous thread:

Thing is though...Willie had no idea how to deal with young players...You could possibly bring up Horvat,but thats a coaches dream, you don't have to do much...Players like Virtanen (who claims that Willie hardly spoke to him),and Goldobin were utterly confused by Willie...At least Green has a dialogue with the young players, and even puts them back on the ice after making mistakes.

Willie has to be in the top 3 of the worst coaches in Canuck history.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Didn't Horvat start off playing <10 minutes a night? I understand bringing along some guys working their way up the lineup, but this doesn't always help players and sometimes even kills them.

Virtanen was confused
Goldobin was confused
Horvat didn't get that much time at the start IIRC despite looking very good
Kassian performed exceedingly well with the Sedins, even if we were going to trade him we should have pumped his value
Vrbata got his value tanked
Tryamkin was left after he was promised ice time, that quite frankly he earned, so we could play Sbisa and I think Bartkowski

Willie was awful, and I think he had a huge part in Tryamkin leaving. Management should have stepped in though instead of making promises they couldn't keep with Tryamkin and Vrbata.

Anyway I hope Tryamkin comes back, but he's probably gone forever and I'm surprised he gets so many threads.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
To POM's comment that Willie had "no idea how to deal with young players".

Here's an unnamed quote for you:

Just because a coach generally prefers veteran players doesn't make him bad for development of young players.

This comment was made in 2015. When WD refused to give time to the youth and his messaging 'confused' the players mentioned.

It was also posited (by the same poster) that WD was the "safe" choice to not ruin a prospect's development, even though he wasn't necessarily the best, or even a good choice to develop said prospect... Yeah.

With logic like that, it's not wonder the board disagrees on how to assess management/coaches/players. Yet, there seems to be unity now towards WD's tenure, looking back on what happened to Tryamkin. Predictable.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know he was only here for a year....actually less than that because it took him awhile to get out of Willie's doghouse. But dammit the guy was fun to watch when he did get into the lineup. A 6'7" d-man who tipped the scales at 250 and could skate like that--was well, freakish.

I remember when either Tanev or Sutter blocked a shot and Tryamkin was pushing them to the bench for treatment...Priceless!. Just loved his work in the d-zone as well. When he got the puck along the wall or in his feet, the cycle just died on the vine. Even now there are shifts where the current Canucks d-corps just chases the puck around in their own zone and can't either stop the cycle or get into position to finish a check.

I'd take Tryamkin back in a heartbeat. Hopefully he can get out of the last year of his KHL contract. Only red flag is that he seems to burn through coaches.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
To POM's comment that Willie had "no idea how to deal with young players".

Here's an unnamed quote for you:

This comment was made in 2015. When WD refused to give time to the youth and his messaging 'confused' the players mentioned.

It was also posited (by the same poster) that WD was the "safe" choice to not ruin a prospect's development, even though he wasn't necessarily the best, or even good choice to develop said prospect... Yeah.

With logic like that, it's not wonder the board disagrees on how to access management/coaches/players. Yet, there seems to be unity now towards WD's tenure, looking back on what happened to Tryamkin.

You draw weird conclusions. Did Willie ruin a prospect’s development? If so whose?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
But imagine the school he could put them through with all the money he'd make in the NHL.

I posted this 2 threads ago. No one had useful info. How much is he making now. How much more would he make in the NHL? I can't remember what the projection I came up with was, but he is not likely to be making much more right now than an ELC.

I really believe he will be very interested in a $4M/yr 4 yr deal. In US dollars. I can understand that the ELC concept doesn't work for Russians. they can play for more in the KHL.

And I get tired of idiots on here who say he should have loyalty to the Canucks. Screw that. It works both ways. What loyalty did we show him. And why should he play for less money and less ice time here.?

I really hope we get him back. Next year could be a break out year for the Canucks, and a core of Stecher, Hutton, Tanev and Edler returning, and Hughes, Juolevi along with Tryamkin would give us a young but intriguing defense.

In 2 years time Boeser Alien Horvat at their prime, a mostly young D group and Dipietro and Demo pushing for jobs. We could be a contender!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
What is Tryamkin’s contract situation over there like? Would be a huge boost to get him back over here for next season.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
What is Tryamkin’s contract situation over there like? Would be a huge boost to get him back over here for next season.
He has one more season. There's probably no way he can afford to buy out the last season and the Canucks are forbidden to help him.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I posted this 2 threads ago. No one had useful info. How much is he making now. How much more would he make in the NHL? I can't remember what the projection I came up with was, but he is not likely to be making much more right now than an ELC.

I really believe he will be very interested in a $4M/yr 4 yr deal. In US dollars. I can understand that the ELC concept doesn't work for Russians. they can play for more in the KHL.

And I get tired of idiots on here who say he should have loyalty to the Canucks. Screw that. It works both ways. What loyalty did we show him. And why should he play for less money and less ice time here.?

I really hope we get him back. Next year could be a break out year for the Canucks, and a core of Stecher, Hutton, Tanev and Edler returning, and Hughes, Juolevi along with Tryamkin would give us a young but intriguing defense.

In 2 years time Boeser Alien Horvat at their prime, a mostly young D group and Dipietro and Demo pushing for jobs. We could be a contender!

I think it was projected that he was likely making about 400-500k USD in the KHL Buying out a KHL contract is where things are a little obscure. Generally I think in order to buyout the contract, the player must pay the team half of what he is still owed in wages, however I have heard that each buyout is negotiated in their contract. Also, his NHL team can not help pay for it, it must basically come out of his pocket... or a loan I suppose, whatever. Regardless, the Canucks can't help. Having said that, I'm pretty sure he could find a way. Hell, start a GoFundMe and help the guy out. :)

Now if he was to sign a contract with the Canucks, people were suggesting that a 4m/year deal would not be out of the question. Like many young players, sometimes they get paid more for where they are projecting than what they have done.

If you take a NHL 4m/year contract... even after buying out his contract and taxes, he would still come out ahead playing in the NHL.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
He has one more season. There's probably no way he can afford to buy out the last season and the Canucks are forbidden to help him.

And it would be impossible to hide? I suspect the team would be overjoyed for the Canucks to approach them directly and pay an extra $M to free him. The KHL teams mostly seem to have serious money problems.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
And it would be impossible to hide? I suspect the team would be overjoyed for the Canucks to approach them directly and pay an extra $M to free him. The KHL teams mostly seem to have serious money problems.
There's no evidence or anecdotal suggestion any NHL team has ever done this in the history of international hockey. You're suggesting someone else is wrong because they don't believe in something that is highly unlikely and for which you've supplied no evidence or even an argument. That's extremely silly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Tryamkin and his agent really wanted out of the last year of his KHL contract, they'd find a way. After all, if Gudbranson is worth $4m a season, I'm guessing the Canucks would have to pay Tryamkin at least that amount.

What's to stop Tryamking from signing an IOU with his KHL team, and then sending them the money when he starts cashing the big NHL pay-checks?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
If Tryamkin and his agent really wanted out of the last year of his KHL contract, they'd find a way. After all, if Gudbranson is worth $4m a season, I'm guessing the Canucks would have to pay Tryamkin at least that amount.

What's to stop Tryamking from signing an IOU with his KHL team, and then sending them the money when he starts cashing the big NHL pay-checks?
These ones aren't even worth addressing. You guys want Tryamkin on the team and are tailoring your suppositions about what is possible to suit that desire.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
One game after returning to the line-up and putting in the most shifts of any defencemen on Avtomobolist, Tryamkin didn't dress today. Reinjured? @FroshaugFan2 ?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Although I am not fond of Tryamkin's character. I'd welcome him to the roster over the likes of Delzotto, or Pouliot. The size, strength and good mobility of Tryamkin, would make our defense a little more intimidating to play against. Hopefully after all these current life lessons in hockey, he will clean his act up

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
It's beginning to sound like he's a goner one way or another. We either deal his rights as a trade incentive, or he plays under Green and can't handle the accountability and responsibility involved with being a reliable top 4 dman. I would love for him to get a chance at playing a substantial role here, but the more we hear about the situation, the less likely it sounds like he'll stick around for long.

Tryamkin is a bit of an enigma as we had very limited exposure to his personality and views on the Canucks, and much of what we have heard are based on both a different coach in WD, and a different team and leadership core in the Sedin era during our prime tank years. It's hard to get an accurate portrayal of how he'd actually view playing for the Canucks, but based on both his current issues with his KHL team, as well as Green's approach to coaching, it doesn't sound like he'd be a fit here even with the team's desperation for top 4 defencemen.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
mLW053x.png

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
It's beginning to sound like he's a goner one way or another. We either deal his rights as a trade incentive, or he plays under Green and can't handle the accountability and responsibility involved with being a reliable top 4 dman. I would love for him to get a chance at playing a substantial role here, but the more we hear about the situation, the less likely it sounds like he'll stick around for long.

Tryamkin is a bit of an enigma as we had very limited exposure to his personality and views on the Canucks, and much of what we have heard are based on both a different coach in WD, and a different team and leadership core in the Sedin era during our prime tank years. It's hard to get an accurate portrayal of how he'd actually view playing for the Canucks, but based on both his current issues with his KHL team, as well as Green's approach to coaching, it doesn't sound like he'd be a fit here even with the team's desperation for top 4 defencemen.

Bullcrap. He is what we are missing. QH and Juolevi will provide the missing PMD that we need. He could be the big stalwart we are long missing. We have nothing in the system that comes close to his adding to our potential legitimate playoff contender 2 years form now. He can skate, big body who can handle minutes and doesn't go down with injury.

I would fire Green if he can't manage to handle this guy with kid gloves and get him to fit in. I'd far rather have Try than Green. If we get a top 6 forward in the draft this year, Try is literally the piece of the puzzle that would make us a contender.

"we could have been a contender!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad