Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
I love the unfriendly giant, but I must admit he "*****ed" a lot and had many demands. yes he's a talent and i say trade his rights now to a team desperate for high potential d-man, so while they say NEVER, like the Connery Bond movie "Never, Say Never" trade right to Toronto along with another of our top prospects like Lind for Nylander.

Hey worth a shot.
i think you overvalue lind and Tryamkin's rights by around a trillion percent.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He already said he’s coming back. He only left cause he hated WD and his ice time. He’ll be back next year imo.

Edler-Gudbranson(ew)
Hughes-Tanev
Juolevi-Tryamkin

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
He already said he’s coming back. He only left cause he hated WD and his ice time. He’ll be back next year imo.

He did not say that, only that he may come back at some point. Also if he is true to is word a return next year is not an option, he said he will fulfill his contract which runs until 2020. And by the way, even if he wanted to come back next, it wouldnt be that easy. He would have to buy out his contract with his own money and you can bet that amount would be added to his contract demands with the Canucks.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm not opposed to the Canucks offering Trymakin like a 1 -2 year $3M-$4M AAV contract to come back.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He did not say that, only that he may come back at some point. Also if he is true to is word a return next year is not an option, he said he will fulfill his contract which runs until 2020. And by the way, even if he wanted to come back next, it wouldnt be that easy. He would have to buy out his contract with his own money and you can bet that amount would be added to his contract demands with the Canucks.
Fine by me. I’d pay him 4 million plus.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I’m sure I read a translation saying he’s coming back when his contract is over...

That would be news to me - not saying i dont trust you on this, just havent seen it anywhere with this certainty. If you could find the link that would be much appriciated.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I’m sure I read a translation saying he’s coming back when his contract is over...
Is this what you are referencing? I couldn't find anything more recent or definitive.

"I will think [of returning to the NHL] when the contract with" Motorist "ends, if I will be needed there if I prove my game, that they would like to offer me a contract." I did not close the page with the NHL, but not 100 percent, that I will go there, "- said 23-year-old Tryamkin.

Защитник "Автомобилиста" Трямкин на данный момент не задумывается над возвращением в НХЛ

Reactions: drax0s

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I said it before he will come back when Benning is gone.

What did Benning do that turned him away? Benning is the guy that drafted him and then offered him a very reasonable 2 year contract. I understood it as WD being the main issue based on his ice time.

I am a big Benning critic, but I don't think he takes much flack here. Unless you mean because Benning has been the GM of an abysmal team for the last 3 years and Tryamkin left because he wanted to be on a competitive team...but that's not entirely on Benning.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
What did Benning do that turned him away? Benning is the guy that drafted him and then offered him a very reasonable 2 year contract. I understood it as WD being the main issue based on his ice time.

I am a big Benning critic, but I don't think he takes much flack here. Unless you mean because Benning has been the GM of an abysmal team for the last 3 years and Tryamkin left because he wanted to be on a competitive team...but that's not entirely on Benning.

They signed him to a contract under the agreement that he wouldn’t be made to go to the AHL, and then pretty much immediately tried to pressure him into going to the AHL.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
They signed him to a contract under the agreement that he wouldn’t be made to go to the AHL, and then pretty much immediately tried to pressure him into going to the AHL.

Ah, I do remember that - that's fair. I'm sure showing him videos of Pronger playing and putting pressure on him to play that same style (a style of defence that no longer exists in the NHL...) didn't help either.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Ah, I do remember that - that's fair. I'm sure showing him videos of Pronger playing and putting pressure on him to play that same style (a style of defence that no longer exists in the NHL...) didn't help either.

They also used the rationale that he wasn't in gameshape, then, only when injuries happened and they were forced to put him and Stetcher in the lineup, he was totally fine and worthy of getting to play every night.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
If anything, I gained respect and admiration for Tryamkin when he decided to temporarily leave this sh**-show.
This explains a lot. You respect a guy for demanding to play top minutes and then crying when they weren’t awarded to him and he ran home. When the going gets tough run home to Russia! Tryamkin wasn’t liked by his teammates or coaches. Benning should be trying to trade his rights

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This explains a lot. You respect a guy for demanding to play top minutes and then crying when they weren’t awarded to him and he ran home. When the going gets tough run home to Russia! Tryamkin wasn’t liked by his teammates or coaches. Benning should be trying to trade his rights
The feeling is mutual.

I respect and admire a guy who has a backbone, can recognize that they're in a bad situation lead by questionable decision makers (they were showing him videos trying to get him to play more like Pronger for crying out loud), and is willing to stand up for himself and do something about it.

Similarly, I respect how Bure reacted to the Keenan situation more than how Linden did. Sheepish blind loyalty for loyalty's sake is foolish, and the fact that so many fans eat that **** right up and turn on players for refusing to play ball is a complete joke.

Last edited:

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
The feeling is mutual.

I respect and admire a guy who has a backbone, can recognize that they're in a bad situation lead by questionable decision makers (they were showing him videos trying to get him to play more like Pronger for crying out loud), and is willing to stand up for himself and do something about it.

Similarly, I respect how Bure reacted to the Keenan situation more than how Linden did. Sheepish blind loyalty for loyalty's sake is foolish.
If he doesn’t respect Benning/ the Canucks then request a trade. Why run home? Because he is a coward. I dont repect athletes that don’t want to test themselves against the best competition in the world. Hopefully he can challenge Cam Barker for the defensman scoring lead this season.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If he doesn’t respect Benning/ the Canucks then request a trade. Why run home? Because he is a coward. I dont repect athletes that don’t want to test themselves against the best competition in the world. Hopefully he can challenge Cam Barker for the defensman scoring lead this season.
From the interviews I've read, it doesn't sound like he lost respect for the organization/Benning at all, but simply had a problem with his deployment/the way he was being coached at the time (considering the clueless coaching decisions that we've learned since, I sure as hell can't blame him for that). Doesn't seem like a coincidence that we started hearing about how he was all of a sudden open to returning and was still a fan of the Canucks after Desjardins was fired.

Making such a highly un-orthodox, career-influencing decision that could negatively stigmatize how you're viewed just as you're starting to prove yourself arguably may not be particularly smart/safe, but it sure as hell isn't cowardly, especially if he plans on returning.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver, BC
From the interviews I've read, it doesn't sound like he lost respect for the organization/Benning at all, but simply had a problem with his deployment/the way he was being coached at the time. Doesn't seem like a coincidence that we started hearing about how he was all of a sudden open to returning and was still a fan of the Canucks after Desjardins was fired.

Making such a highly un-orthodox, career-influencing decision that could negatively stigmatize how you're viewed just as you're starting to prove yourself arguably may not be particularly smart/safe, but it sure as hell isn't cowardly.

I'm sure DonnyNucker would have a much higher opinion of him if he requested a trade like DN suggests.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I'm sure DonnyNucker would have a much higher opinion of him if he requested a trade like DN suggests.
I wouldnt respect him either way. But he does belong in the NHL and not in a tier 2 league. Kid has a terrible attitude and his sense of entitlement is insane. Especially as he was a rookie. Willie was an awful coach but he should have shut up and worked hard instead of crying and running home over ice time. Kid demanded to be on the top pairing lol. How could any of his teammates respect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad