Confirmed with Link: Nikita Chibrikov (NHL 2021 2nd round, 50th pick) signs 3 year NHL entry level contract

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The raw skill is there - with some grit in his game as well.
He might be one of those guys that can really benefit the coaching / development structure the AHL / NHL has to offer.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
That poor bastard, coming over in the middle of our franchise clusterf*** :sarcasm:

Seriously, good for him. I remember a poster who followed the prospects from Russia said he might turn out to be the best Russian-born player in that draft.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but interested in seeing what he might turn in to.

Nov 24, 2006
Nice.

What's the scouting intel on this kid? What are some reasonable projections for him at the NHL level assuming he gets there.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
His development has seemed a little underwhelming to this point, but he definitely has intriguing tools. Hopefully a change of scenery and some devoted time by the organization, he can get back on track and carve out a decent career over here.

Reactions: hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nice.

What's the scouting intel on this kid? What are some reasonable projections for him at the NHL level assuming he gets there.
Very skilled, high motor, fast. Comparisons to Ehlers are pretty on point, very East-West type of player. I've seen him have some ridiculous shifts where he just seems to be everywhere at the same time. Leading the rush, pressuring the puck carrier, covering for a defenseman, backchecking. Not entirely sure if he's playing entirely structure-less hockey running around like a chicken with his head cut off or if he's actually thinking ahead enough to know where to be. If it's the former he may have trouble transitioning and could be why he struggled in the KHL this year if he was told to tone down the roaming.

Btw I just want everyone to know he played on average of like 4-5 min in the K with some games being 1-2 minutes of ice time. Do with this information what you will.
I think he had a game with 14 seconds and some where he dressed and didn't even touch the ice.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Unless he blows everyone away in training camp this fall, he’s going to be a Moose for a year or two, but I hope he puts on a show in the Calder playoffs. I’m glad he’s here, we can use all the talent we can get. Too bad Rashevsky just re-signed in the KHL, though.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
That poor bastard, coming over in the middle of our franchise clusterf*** :sarcasm:

Seriously, good for him. I remember a poster who followed the prospects from Russia said he might turn out to be the best Russian-born player in that draft.

I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but interested in seeing what he might turn in to.
I would think that's a good thing for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad