Value of: Niemi/Lehtonen with Eakin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
To Los Angeles: Eakin & Niemi

To Dallas: ? (i dont see anything in immediate roster that would spark interest and i am not too familiar with LA farm system since i live on east coast) can this be done?

I think Dallas could afford to give Eakin up since i really like the player Faksa has become and they still have center flexibility with Spezza and i think that is enough incentive on top for LA to go get a capable goalie (when provided sufficient D) till Quick returns and they get a nice center piece to add some scoring depth to an ugly roster. I know Niemi is not special but IMO better than pavelec for free and adds a nice player when he returns from injury

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It makes sense if we write this year off right now. Otherwise we hurt our forward depth and have only 1/2 a below average starting tandem with nothing to show for it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To Los Angeles: Eakin & Niemi

To Dallas: ? (i dont see anything in immediate roster that would spark interest and i am not too familiar with LA farm system since i live on east coast) can this be done?

I think Dallas could afford to give Eakin up since i really like the player Faksa has become and they still have center flexibility with Spezza and i think that is enough incentive on top for LA to go get a capable goalie (when provided sufficient D) till Quick returns and they get a nice center piece to add some scoring depth to an ugly roster. I know Niemi is not special but IMO better than pavelec for free and adds a nice player when he returns from injury

Since you brought it up - no he isn't better than Pavelec. He's about the same, maybe just a tad worse. He's 4 years older and may have fallen off a cliff and be much worse. His cap hit is higher and he is under contract for 2 years not 1.

Eakin is a pretty good add but he doesn't stop pucks either.:laugh:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
LA needs that goalie now, and we have so many forward injuries, it might be nice to hold on to Eakin, in case he is the first one back. Plus, we need a backup goalie....maybe the Kings trade us Jack Campbell. Oh, wait.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad