Nick Robertson pushes and injures teammate W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Why would you go down for a light tap especially in preseason. Not really sure what Robertson did was beneficial either but Nylander went down like a sack of potatoes.

Reactions: UConn126

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Pretty common play in hockey but that's some bad luck for Willy to lose his balance.

Younger players are always looking to try harder to impress in these games and Robertson made a play most probably wouldn't make in a pre-season game.

I wouldnt say it's common, but you are more likely to see it when the stakes are high.

I have never seen that play in a zero stakes game, especially on a guy like Nylander who has nothing to prove in a preseason game against essentially an ahl opponent.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
*World's smallest violin and so forth"

Anywho, yeah in my book it serves him right. Diving will ruin hockey like it ruined soccer. And for those saying but soccer's the biggest sport in the world, it succeeds in spite of the diving.
You really felt the need to post this?

gets some help.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
the amount of people laughing at someone getting hit in the head and even saying he deserves a concussion in this thread is disgusting.:shakehead
Yep. It's also compounded because it's a Leafs player. Some of the grown men posting in this thread need to check themselves.
Wow, what amazing human beings! Everyone on this forum will stop and admire you both for your strong moral convictions 🤡

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Wow, what amazing human beings! Everyone on this forum will stop and admire you both for your strong moral convictions 🤡
thanks for highlighting me.

It's amazing that my post angered you so much that you needed to reply to it. perhaps you feel ashamed?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Nylander's center of gravity was pretty much in his upper chest area he was so hunched over. Bad time to attempt that.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It's hard to believe that Nylander's balance is so bad that a little nudge from behind would propel him so dramatically.
I just watched Lekkerimaki do that to Pettersson in their last game with no incident and Pettersson has bambi legs

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You just can’t make this stuff up, kid tried a play that happens from time to time, nylander either dives or catches an edge and falls and gets hit in the head.

Leafs media going ape shit on the play.

And it’s only pre season.
Leafs media or this site? Dont see this being talked about anywhere lmao.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
"Concussed' player is on the ice this morning at camp. :laugh:
Oh no!!! What about all the karma calls and conspiracy theories?

What a joke the title and entire thread turned out to be. Status quo for anything Leafs related though I suppose.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's hard to believe that Nylander's balance is so bad that a little nudge from behind would propel him so dramatically.
I just watched Lekkerimaki do that to Pettersson in their last game with no incident and Pettersson has bambi legs

yeah it's really hard to believe that different events had different outcomes. Certainly impossible that whatever balance Nylander had while taking an unexpected push from behind caused him to fall, the only possible answer is he was desperately trying to dive for a PP in a meaningless game. The board really has it solved.

Reactions: Xirik

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
It’s pretty odd that Nylander went down that easily tbh, much worse skaters have managed to stay up in the exact same circumstances.

I’m not gonna say he dove, as it’s impossible to say for certain and feels like illogical time to be taking a dive, but it sure does look like one.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You just can’t make this stuff up, kid tried a play that happens from time to time, nylander either dives or catches an edge and falls and gets hit in the head.

Leafs media going ape shit on the play.

And it’s only pre season.
And he's totally fine and at practice this morning. You're right, can't make up the fact that people like you are still here blowing it up and over exaggerating the whole thing.

How is this thread even open still? Now it's just a thread about a player falling down after a play that happens pretty regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad