Nick Robertson pushes and concusses teammate W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hoping that Nylander was just out for precautionary reasons and he won't miss time from this. Not sure if he dove or lost his balance and ate it? Regardless the outcome would've been the same.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was that push really necessary in preseason? And also Willy went down pretty easy too. Just stay on your feet my guy.
Eh makes more sense in preseason than regular season, it’s a lazy catchup play

we run it sometimes in beer league/pickup and nobody at that level is falling on their face

idk what is going on with nylander here but this looks divey thinking it was the other team doing it.

Reactions: HabsQC

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
the amount of people laughing at someone getting hit in the head and even saying he deserves a concussion in this thread is disgusting.:shakehead

*World's smallest violin and so forth"

Anywho, yeah in my book it serves him right. Diving will ruin hockey like it ruined soccer. And for those saying but soccer's the biggest sport in the world, it succeeds in spite of the diving.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I don't think he dove, but even if he did that doesn't mean he deserves a concussion. Jfc some of the opinions in here are disgusting.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Misleading title. I don’t believe it was ever said he is ‘concussed’.
Nylander has a history of concussions and migraines. He clearly had his bell rung. The Leafs should sit him out until he’s 100%.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With that stick in Willie’s buttocks, Robertson might even get a meeting with…

IMG_4280.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Deadly Dogma

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Diving for... what?

That's not hooking, it's not high sticking, it really resembles no penalty at all except spearing and Nylander was conclusively not speared directly in the butthole (a fact I think he would be keenly aware of in the moment) nor did he act as though he was speared in any way at all.

What's he diving for? What's the actual penalty and why do you think he thought he'd be awarded one?

And this is just occurring to me but above all else: why do we think a guy with a guaranteed roster spot is diving in the preseason instead of tripping and falling to the ground? It is quite clearly a more vulnerable position to be in, in a game nobody needs to win, so why is this what we're running with?

Interference? Cross checking? You can't just knock over a player who doesn't have the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad