Nick Robertson pushes and concusses teammate W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
What is the possible upside for diving during preseason. For a star they are just trying to get through the games, you absolute morons.
One might’ve said the same thing about the stick/buttcrack booster move, and yet here we are

This was pointless and dumb, but also a pretty unpredictable result
Speak for yourself, I had this as the last leg of my 8 leg parlay

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Low awareness play by Robertson here. Seems like there is absolutely no need to rush on this play. The other team's player is riding the blue line, clearly the puck hasn't even entered the zone. The defenseman on the side is also already back and in position. What the heck is Robertson thinking there?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
How are so many of you calling this a dive when it looks like the guy clearly toe picks?

Like... he gets pushed forward while he's got one skate on the ice and he's already pretty high on his toe, then gets tipped forward and either catches the toe or just... can't adjust to where his weight is and has to topple because his other foot isn't saving that shit at all.

What are we doing here?

Reactions: johan f

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Players often use that stick push to help their teammate backcheck. Looks to me like Nylander dove not realizing it was his teammate and a very unfortunate result occured.
Diving for... what?

That's not hooking, it's not high sticking, it really resembles no penalty at all except spearing and Nylander was conclusively not speared directly in the butthole (a fact I think he would be keenly aware of in the moment) nor did he act as though he was speared in any way at all.

What's he diving for? What's the actual penalty and why do you think he thought he'd be awarded one?

And this is just occurring to me but above all else: why do we think a guy with a guaranteed roster spot is diving in the preseason instead of tripping and falling to the ground? It is quite clearly a more vulnerable position to be in, in a game nobody needs to win, so why is this what we're running with?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Nah big brain play. Doing what it takes secure a spot on the opening roster. Bereube must love the kids gumption and determination to do what it takes even if you sabotage your star teammate. Real old school ruthless and relentless.
Is Robertson on waivers tomorrow?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I agree that it made no sense for Robertson to make that play in preseason, it was dumb and I’m sure he immediately and continues to regret it.
Conversely, he’s a young guy trying to earn his spot on the roster under a new coach. Trying to put in the extra effort. It’s not like it’s a dangerous play under any other circumstance. It is just a bizarre outcome.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Looks like Robertson pushed to speed up Nylanerr for basically no reason, Nylander then dives and gets hit on the blindside by a MtL player who must have wondered WTF.
I was looking at the video, concentrating on the push on his own teammate, and never followed through to a MTL hit. The MTL player can't possibly can't be suspended, right?

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Those teammate pushes for speed aren't exactly really rare occurances, what makes this noteworthy is Nylander flopping, probably thinking it was the opponent nudging him and then most likely injuring himself after.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This looks like Nylander felt stick and went for the dive. No way that is enough to knock an NHL player over.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
It is in the preseason. The context of the “ass poke play” isn’t in this circumstance. Usually it’s a guy getting the ass poke to catch up to another player and it’s when games matter. This ass poke was in traffic and it’s preseason. A stupid ass poke by Robertson. And Yes Nylander is a diver. Both can be true.

He told us that he thrives under pressure.

What he didn't tell us is that he wilts without it.

1727423030428.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad