Nick Robertson pushes and concusses teammate W. Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
no offense but do you watch 6 games a year?
this is not an out of left field play by robertson
It is in the preseason. The context of the “ass poke play” isn’t in this circumstance. Usually it’s a guy getting the ass poke to catch up to another player and it’s when games matter. This ass poke was in traffic and it’s preseason. A stupid ass poke by Robertson. And Yes Nylander is a diver. Both can be true.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He absolutely dove here, and anyone that isn't a leafs fan can clearly see it.

World class skater does not go down from a light nudge like that without doing it on purpose. He's a soft player and a diver, just own it.
Catching a skater off guard will absolutely cause them to go down on the ice. IDK if you've ever skated before but one of the major things they tell you when you play hockey is don't admire your pass. Learning to get hit is a skill and if you get shoved/hit while you are not expecting that will absolutely cause you to fall over/injure.

You're either trolling or so far out of your depth it's comical.

Reactions: Menzinger

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
No one to blame really. All about unfortunate timing. Willy was just reacting to the play turning around when the push came. Seems kinda light but it's physics really. With a little bit of pre season mental fog in the mix.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Pretty common play in hockey but that's some bad luck for Willy to lose his balance.

Younger players are always looking to try harder to impress in these games and Robertson made a play most probably wouldn't make in a pre-season game.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Catching a skater off guard will absolutely cause them to go down on the ice. IDK if you've ever skated before but one of the major things they tell you when you play hockey is don't admire your pass. Learning to get hit is a skill and if you get shoved/hit while you are not expecting that will absolutely cause you to fall over/injure.

You're either trolling or so far out of your depth it's comical.
Whenever you see the "have you ever even skated?" come out, you instantly know that the following opinion is wrong lmao.

Nobody cares about your 40+ beer league. Your experience playing at the local rink at 11pm because that's all your team could afford is meaningless when it comes to professional hockey.

Nylander dove and my have hurt himself in the process. Sad!

Reactions: Oilslick941611

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Whenever you see the "have you ever even skated?" come out, you instantly know that the following opinion is wrong lmao.

Nobody cares about your 40+ beer league. Your experience playing at the local rink at 11pm because that's all your team could afford is meaningless when it comes to professional hockey.

Nylander dove and my have hurt himself in the process. Sad!
Have you skated before and what is your hockey background?

EDIT: This is you rn
1727409585792.png

Last edited:

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I heard he asked Auston, Max and JT to go on a really cool trip to a mountain, he wants to show them a really really cool cliff (up close).

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
bippity boppity boop, you’re now in the injury-prone loop! I pass it to.. Willy!

Seriously, hope Nylander is ok, but holy overreaction from almost everyone. Robertson tried to help but instead it threw Nylander off balance, and he collided with a knee because history be like that. It is.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
the amount of people laughing at someone getting hit in the head and even saying he deserves a concussion in this thread is disgusting.:shakehead

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Players often use that stick push to help their teammate backcheck. Looks to me like Nylander dove not realizing it was his teammate and a very unfortunate result occured.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's a misleading thread title. Before watching the video I thought it was in practices where Robertson gets into an altercation with Nylander and pushes him, causing him to fall and be concussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad