Rumor: Nick Pryor to be new Avs Head of Amateur Scouting?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What has been his pryor drafts?
200.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Pryor’s a good lad. I think he has a good eye too… prior to Pitt, he was the USHL and Mn HS scout for the Flyers for like 7-8 years. Too early to know his results as a head guy in Pitt, but I think he’ll do a better job than we’ve seen recently.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Poor guy left a team that traded all their picks for the past 5 years to join a team that will be trading all their picks for the next 5 years
You say that like it isn't a fantastic thing... get paid and don't have to work!

Don't you mean... Well... Don't you mean to say the joke thing..?
I'm always serious.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pryor’s a good lad. I think he has a good eye too… prior to Pitt, he was the USHL and Mn HS scout for the Flyers for like 7-8 years. Too early to know his results as a head guy in Pitt, but I think he’ll do a better job than we’ve seen recently.
Not a big fan of some of those high-end picks like Pieniniemi, Pickering, and Brunicke. However, they hit the mark with Broz, Yager, Howe, and Swanson in the very early stages. Seems like he goes after no-hyped players across the world.

Any reason why Harris just didn't get the role? He's already the main man in charge, no?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not a big fan of some of those high-end picks like Pieniniemi, Pickering, and Brunicke. However, they hit the mark with Broz, Yager, Howe, and Swanson in the very early stages. Seems like he goes after no-hyped players across the world.

Any reason why Harris just didn't get the role? He's already the main man in charge, no?
He’s MacFarland’s right hand man

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Nate making hires now

Making trades (Cogliano), signings (Drouin), and hirings (Pianosi). Nate has become an NBA player now.

Previous two moves were good so we'll see if he continues to hit the right keys. Get it? Piano-si.....keys?
GM Jack Eichel might have to step up if he plans to win GM of the Year Award next season. MacKinnon is already quite a bit ahead.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

The Avs site lists Harris as the director of scouting operations so maybe he has a bigger role than director of amatuer scouting? But the Avs haven't listed Pryor on their site yet so maybe he will replace Harris when it's official?

Is director of scouting operations different than director of amateur scouting? Does director of scouting operations include pro scouting too? or is it just the name the Aves give to the director of amateur scouting?

@henchman21 any idea?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Im pretty stoked that nate (one of the best conditioned players on earth) is bringing over his coach to whip the rest into tip top shape.

Not sure about the scout. But if hes leaving Dubas, hes probably alright.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs site lists Harris as the director of scouting operations so maybe he has a bigger role than director of amatuer scouting? But the Avs haven't listed Pryor on their site yet so maybe he will replace Harris when it's official?

Is director of scouting operations different than director of amateur scouting? Does director of scouting operations include pro scouting too? or is it just the name the Aves give to the director of amateur scouting?

@henchman21 any idea?
Different orgs structure things differently, but my guess here is Harris would oversee both amatuer and pro. Where both will have heads who organizes the regional scouts.

IMO Harris is the next GM of the Avs and they are just grooming him for the role.

Nate making hires now

Rantanen seeing this news:

R.f16d5b4539d04b0864bd631ba6e23951

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Making trades (Cogliano), signings (Drouin), and hirings (Pianosi). Nate has become an NBA player now.

Previous two moves were good so we'll see if he continues to hit the right keys. Get it? Piano-si.....keys?
He also told Sakic to draft Barron ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad