Value of: Nick Leddy to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Everybody knows the biggest need for the Habs right now is a left-handed defenseman to play with Shea Weber on the top pair. Leddy could fit well into this role and it seems like it's not working too well for him right now under Barry Trotz.

So my question is, what would be the price to acquire Leddy? Is it possible to get him with futures only?

I'd like to keep MTL's 1st since there's no guarantee we'll make the playoffs. I also understand a 2nd rounder alone wouldn't do it, but we have lots of good prospects.

So? What's the price Isles fans?

P.S.: Habs could possibly take a bad contract in the deal if it's expiring after this season or the other.

P.P.S.: Sorry if it have been asked before, been away for a while!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not moving 27 yr old Leddy for futures,while helping improve Montreal's playoff chances.
Also,Isles with a strong prospect pool, have no cap issues.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not moving 27 yr old Leddy for futures,while helping improve Montreal's playoff chances.
Also,Isles with a strong prospect pool, have no cap issues.

Leddy's game has picked up significantly once he got some help on the left side. Devon Toews has been a revelation.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leddy's game has picked up significantly once he got some help on the left side. Devon Toews has been a revelation.

Toews has been a really nice addition.
Very poised.
Really pleased with each of the recent call ups. Guess I will have to stop bashing Thompson down in Bridgeport

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Trade Weber and a 1st to NYI for a late round pick as that is one fugly contract that doesn't end until 2025/26. This will allow Montreal to escape one of the terrible contract they have as no one would take on Carey Price at $10.5M for another 7 years given how he's performing.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Trade Weber and a 1st to NYI for a late round pick as that is one fugly contract that doesn't end until 2025/26. This will allow Montreal to escape one of the terrible contract they have as no one would take on Carey Price at $10.5M for another 7 years given how he's performing.
why would we want to do this

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

What gives you the impression the isles want that caphit for 7-8 seasons?:huh:

The caphit is what matters.
Lou has kicked the tires on Panarin & Duchene .If either is available on July 1st, I expect he will join the bidding.
Then the isles have Barzal's extension coming up.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
We need to move either Hickey or Pelech, and have Leddy & Toews be our top-4 LHD for the foreseeable future.

Our two top defensive prospects (Dobson & Wilde) are both RHD, and even though Aho is LHD, getting rid of Leddy would be a mistake. Especially at "I'm not trading a 1st how does a 2nd sound?" prices.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I am okay with moving Leddy, but it would have to be for a #2C. We have Aho still waiting in the wings, and Toews has looked good as well.

Leddy is playing really well too though - no point in trading him unless it is enticing

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

That's such an odd response to this OP. :huh:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Leddy is one of the few veteran defenders that we have, and the only one with a lot still left in the tank(Boychuk is most likely nearing the end of his rope). Add to that we are pretty thin on quality LHD prospects, dealing Leddy would be a huge risk.

I'm a fan and would keep him around for a long time.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I am okay with moving Leddy, but it would have to be for a #2C. We have Aho still waiting in the wings, and Toews has looked good as well.

Leddy is playing really well too though - no point in trading him unless it is enticing
Leddy doesnt ever return a 2C

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Leddy is fine. Disappointing on the PP but that’s about it. Isles are hungry and can taste a playoff spot. Not in position to subtract a top 4 Defensman right now.

In the summer or at the draft if a hockey trade presents itself I wouldn’t be against moving Leddy but right now I say it’s a no go.

Reactions: dano16

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Guess you don't know much about Weber's contract and his recapture hit.It would take a lot to pry Weber from the Habs. Top D-man don't grow on trees.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Leddy is a better player than he's been given credit for. Last season was up and down and this year he started off slow in the current system. He's still not putting up the offensive numbers and can be frustrating at times to watch but his value is easily Montreal's first rd pick plus. On the otherhand Boychuk would come much cheaper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad