Confirmed with Link: Nick Foligno (35th captain of the Blackhawks)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9420.png

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Meh.

He mailed it in at the end of last year for the final 15 games or so. Right now he is barely an everyday player.

He's a vet that is great in the locker room.

It's too bad our captain is a healthy scratch threat on any given night but whatever. He's a good transition captain until Bedard and the rest of the young guys are ready.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Love it. Everyone in that room respects him and always goes out of his way to welcome the prospects not to mention will stand up for any teammate and is great with the media. Keeping the seat warm for Bedard. We'll deserved.

Reactions: Dead Meat

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Mentioned on the main board thread, but I am a little surprised they did it. Love the choice, he is the captain regardless of the letter on his jersey. Nice little clip the Hawks put out when he found out.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I thin, this was kind of a no-brainer....the dude is veteran player, high character, strong personality ....not sure who else brings all that to the table.....hopefully Dickinson wears an "A" along with Jones.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe I am the downer on this page but I WOULD have preferred it to be Bedsy with Foligno getting the A
Bedard will be C.

But he has to be ready first.

As of now, Foligno commands the room. He'll be Captain for at least 2 seasons, and in that time he'll continue to mentor and groom Bedard for the role and eventually pass the torch.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Good for him.

Obviously just a placeholder until Bedard is ready, but a lot of guys would have issue with being a placeholder. Foligno comes off as a guy who would be willing to forgo the C in a year or so if Connor seems ready for the honor. Not many guys would do that, but he understands the assignment.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
I have no problem with him being captain first, since the Hawks are in the middle of a rebuild and some tough times are still ahead let Bedard focus on his on ice play and then he can become captain and worry about all the stuff that comes with that in addition to being the best player he can be.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Cool enough for the time being. I hate that we have another season or two minimum before the fruits of this laborious rebuild start to bear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad