Value of: Nichushkin to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm thinking that DAL keeps Nuke unless a top pairing D, top notch goalie, or a top like forward is coming back. Obviously for a package around Nuke and not straight across but I think that's the only way it happens.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Unless we're packaging Val with a goaltender I don't see much point in moving him. Buffalo doesn't really have anything Dallas needs without it being part of a larger package.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What would the Sabres have to give up?

Really no point to this. Outside fans will say "Hes a KHL flight risk who hasn't show anything" thinking they can get him for a second, and Dallas wont move him unless its part of a package for a Goalie or a Klingberg partner

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ok so...

Nichushkin
Niemi

For

Girgensens
Franson

?

Don't want Franson, and we already have four NHL caliber centers in Seguin, Spezza, Eakin, and Faksa.

We need goaltending. Lehner obviously isn't moving. I'd considering moving Nuke for Peterson or Ullmark, if we were to get an extra piece coming back. But I still probably wouldn't make that trade.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Sabres fan here and while I'd love to get Nuke in Buffalo I just don't think the two teams are suitable trade partners based on what we've got and what Dallas needs. Unless Dallas' management likes some of our non-Ristolainen defensemen

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Don't want Franson, and we already have four NHL caliber centers in Seguin, Spezza, Eakin, and Faksa.

We need goaltending. Lehner obviously isn't moving. I'd considering moving Nuke for Peterson or Ullmark, if we were to get an extra piece coming back. But I still probably wouldn't make that trade.

Girgensens will be able to play all 3 forwards positions.

Franson gives depth, but in trading Niemi, the Stars save money for next year.

Nichushkin gives Buffalo another young horse. He's raw, but extremely talented. If he gets his game developed, he's a very good PF.

Niemi gives Buffalo a safety net. If Lehner gets injured, he will slot in.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Unless we're packaging Val with a goaltender I don't see much point in moving him. Buffalo doesn't really have anything Dallas needs without it being part of a larger package.

Unless Lehner's ankle hasn't healed and Buffalo will take one of Dallas's goalies as a placeholder, with Nichushkin being the sweetener. Dallas then has cap space/goaltending opening to pursue Bishop or whomever else they can.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Ok so...

Nichushkin
Niemi

For

Girgensens
Franson

?

Buffalo isnt taking Niemi.....Franson comes off the books this summer. Niemi has an additional year.

Buffalo will also be tight for cap space.

If you think Nichushkin will take more than Girgensons to sign that will put Buffalo tighter against the cap.

right now Buffalo has about $9M in cap space to sign Girgensons and Ristolainen. If you assume Risto signs for $6M that leaves $3M in cap space for Buffalo.

Niemi makes more than a $1M more than Franson and Buffalo already has Nilsson as a back up goalie. They would have 3 goalies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What's with Nichuskin trade offers? Is he on the outs or threatening KHL?

He's an unsigned RFA. And he's a Russian who is shockingly still in his home country during the off-season while he's 3+ weeks away from training camp. That's pretty much it. I do think he may be traded just to improve the Stars but it's not because he's said anything to suggest he won't return next season.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
He's an unsigned RFA. And he's a Russian who is shockingly still in his home country during the off-season while he's 3+ weeks away from training camp. That's pretty much it. I do think he may be traded just to improve the Stars but it's not because he's said anything to suggest he won't return next season.

Ya that makes more sense.

So essentially people speculating

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

How is him still being in Russia shocking? 3 weeks a tons of time, doesn't really need to get here for another 2 weeks, assuming he is keeping in shape over seas

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Girgensons was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Doubt Dallas goes for that though, Nuke has more potential and is younger.

He younger by 1 year. Is that really a reason to keep him?

I'm just not a big fan of Nichushkin's game, and he comes with some serious risk. Not trying to bash him or anything. I guess I'm just not one to take that risk while the player you already have is useful.

Girgs is a valuable piece that will be one of two things. One is a guy that's probably an above average 3rd liner, who plays an effective defensive game, good forechecker, and can move up and down the lineup when needed while playing any forward position. The 2nd is a guy who does the same thing, but contributes more offensively.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How is him still being in Russia shocking? 3 weeks a tons of time, doesn't really need to get here for another 2 weeks, assuming he is keeping in shape over seas

That was sarcastic. Its completely normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad