Proposal: Nichushkin for Evander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Nuke for Kane..

1870acef1b0bd224d23d599098753a46fa8cad509a9b216a47598116698fa016.jpg

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No rather just not have Nichuskin . Can't really fit that 5.25 Million in anyway . Maybe this year with some shuffling but definitly not next with Benns contract kicking in.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IF and thats a very unlikely if since i don't think Nill would touch E.Kane with a 10-foot pole but if the Stars would trade for Kane one of Niemi or Lehtonen has to go back to Buffalo and thats non-negotiable . Otherwise there's no way Kane fits into the cap next year.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
IF and thats a very unlikely if since i don't think Nill would touch E.Kane with a 10-foot pole but if the Stars would trade for Kane one of Niemi or Lehtonen has to go back to Buffalo and thats non-negotiable . Otherwise there's no way Kane fits into the cap next year.

While I obviously don't think Dallas has any interest in Kane, I imagine buffalo woukd be ok with taking on Niemi if given a nice sweetener since Niemi's contract expires before they have to re-sign Eichel and Reinhart.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'll take the guy who can and will actually play nhl games for the next 2 years.

I'll take the 5.25 Million of Capspace for the next two year so i guess we're good . :nod:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'll take the 5.25 Million of Capspace for the next two year so i guess we're good . :nod:

Sabres have no need for that space anyways. His contract ends when we have our resigning to do...we stand to lose the contracts of gionta, franson, Mccormick and then moulson too.

I doubt a worthwhile defenseman hits free agency that'd make me regret keeping kane...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My thinking as an outsider of both teams is, perhaps if Nuke played for a new team then he would consider staying in the NHL. He's absolutely had his struggles, Dallas will not get full value for him at this point.

In Kane, no question he has had his attitude and off ice issues himself, but he has as much if not more talent than Nichuskin. Maybe there's a deal here centred around these 2 guys if some cap can be shuffled?

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
If Dallas had the cap space they should do it.

Why? They have enough scorers. They don't need another - one of the biggest problem children in all of professional sports. He already was a cancer in Winnipeg, is still the same problem child in Buffalo ... so now Dallas should grab him? LOL

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why? They have enough scorers. They don't need another - one of the biggest problem children in all of professional sports. He already was a cancer in Winnipeg, is still the same problem child in Buffalo ... so now Dallas should grab him? LOL

Lol. Kane is still way at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to pro athletes misbehaving. Think NFL, Euro Football...

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Why would anyone want to trade away a decent asset that they could have back in two years for a major problem child that makes 5.25 million for the next two years that could very easily wind up in prison?

You do know that Kane is charged with not leaving a bar when a bouncer told him too, right?
Do first offenders facing that charge usually do time?

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
You do know that Kane is charged with not leaving a bar when a bouncer told him too, right?
Do first offenders facing that charge usually do time?

well he could very easily wind up in prison, if he walked into court and punched the judge I could see some prison time. If we are talking prison for a trespassing charge that the property owner disputes while the DA is moving forward with the case, then no prison isn't an option at all. It's a misdemeanor charge, the very worst that could happen is a year in jail for an A misdemeanor, and I think his is a C or D which maxes at like 6 months, in jail. Jail and prison are two different things.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, agree with the Avery comment in principle.

Stars played hardball with Nuke, because of a poor attitude of deserving what wasn't earned. In some ways, Dillon, too.

Pretty sure they don't want another player with attitude of any kind right now. When you think you are in a championship window, chemistry is almost or equally important to talent.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I don't even like Kane, but I think he would be a good fit with their forward group and I think playing in a non-traditional market would be good for his career and reputation. I also think not being expected to lead the team will help him.

Also if you think he is one of the biggest problem children in all of professional sports, you haven't paid much attention. Kane has his issues no doubt, but at least he's never quit on his team because he didn't like his coach. Nichkushkin has great potential, but he also has entitlement issues. At this point I think he will be lucky to be as good as Kane is.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Doubt that Dallas has the cap space to do a Nuke for Evander Kane deal, Without another piece having to go to Buffalo. And besides i thought Tim Murray wasn't fund of Russians any ways.

Traded for one and drafted another last summer. Don't think he has a problem with Russian players in general. Can't imagine he'll want any part of a kid who decided to take his ball and go home, though. I sure don't.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Why would anyone want to trade away a decent asset that they could have back in two years for a major problem child that makes 5.25 million for the next two years that could very easily wind up in prison?

:laugh: for trespassing? I think you need to do some research bud, nobody goes to jail for that.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Doubt that Dallas has the cap space to do a Nuke for Evander Kane deal, Without another piece having to go to Buffalo. And besides i thought Tim Murray wasn't fund of Russians any ways.

I think the issue he has with Russians are the players like Nichkushkin who are slower to develop thus bridge deals would be lower are a threat to go to the KHL where they can earn more money.

He drafted someone like Tarasenko who produced in his 3 ELC years he wouldnt have a problem giveing up higher salary.

He drafted a russian this year---but he was in the 7th so there is little risk there. If he makes the NHL or not...not mch risk. He leaves after the ELC and goes to the KHL its not a big deal because you didnt invest a high pick in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad