Value of: Nic Hague

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Vegas is going to need him at something like 2x1.5m to be able to keep him probably depending on what cap they clear. I could see him being an offer sheet candidate in the 2.5-3 range.

Reactions: WolfOfBroadStreet14

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
They should do their best to lock him up long term like the Isles did with Pelech coming off his ELC.

Hague is not the defensive player Pelech was/is. He's playing top pair right now out of necessity with Martinez out and Mcnabb being a terrible fit with Petro, but on a good team you want Hague on a 3rd pair at this point in his development getting easier matchups. His biggest strength is what he can do with the puck. I'd be a bit hesitant to give him term unless the AAV was very team friendly.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hague is not the defensive player Pelech was/is. He's playing top pair right now out of necessity with Martinez out and Mcnabb being a terrible fit with Petro, but on a good team you want Hague on a 3rd pair at this point in his development getting easier matchups. His biggest strength is what he can do with the puck. I'd be a bit hesitant to give him term unless the AAV was very team friendly.
Pelech just had “potential” when he was signed to his deal like 5 years ago? Was barley an NHL regular at the time.
I come out impressed when I see him play and can see he has potential to be a main stay Top-4 defender in the NHL for a while.
There is obvious risk but spending a little more now to save later will be very beneficial for Vegas.

The Duck Knight

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Pelech just had “potential” when he was signed to his deal like 5 years ago? Was barley an NHL regular at the time.
I come out impressed when I see him play and can see he has potential to be a main stay Top-4 defender in the NHL for a while.
There is obvious risk but spending a little more now to save later will be very beneficial for Vegas.

I'd agree with you if Vegas had the cap space, but even 3m per is probably going to be out of their budget. Hague definitely has potential to be a top 4 2 way guy, but at this point only the offense has been there consistently and Vegas is toeing the line of the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad