Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The IceDogs won because of Flores and their PP but I didn’t think their overall game was that great. However, it was the first game and you need a few weeks before you can really see what this team will be.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wassilyn last year in minor midget, was a very selfish player. He refused to back check, refused to work without the puck. He was an entitled, waited for his team-mates to battle , as he floated into areas with no traffic waiting for them to win the puck battle and give him the puck. Can that change this year? U can be the judge, but pump the brakes on his upside.
no he wasn’t

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The IceDogs won because of Flores and their PP but I didn’t think their overall game was that great. However, it was the first game and you need a few weeks before you can really see what this team will be.
I maintain that I think Niagara can out-score a lot of their problems this year to fight for those 7-8 seeds, especially as Roobroeck, Czata and Wassilyn get going.

Next year if they want to contend, they have to add 2 defensemen far superior to what they have now. Brauti, Chenowski, Virgilio and Frasca will be fine if they have 2 guys much better leading the way.

The only hope of accomplishing this is finding 1 in the import draft - then trade Loshko at this deadline for picks, and use those picks along with whoever we take in the first round next summer, at next seasons deadline for that other defenseman.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Next year if they want to contend, they have to add 2 defensemen far superior to what they have now. Brauti, Chenowski, Virgilio and Frasca will be fine if they have 2 guys much better leading the way.
Niagara's strategy has been to attempt to out-score a leaky back end. It doesn't work but it's more glamourous buying goal scorers.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Niagara's strategy has been to attempt to out-score a leaky back end. It doesn't work but it's more glamourous buying goal scorers.
It works far more often in Junior than it does in the big leagues. Niagara just didn't have the offense to pull this off until recently. You even saw it start to come through at the end of last year. They even took some high end teams with them in barn burners, being on the winning side of a few.

It isn't a recipe for success in the playoffs, but it just might get them this year with their fire power (assuming the guys I mentioned do find that next level). They will of course go down in 4 (or 5 if they get lucky once) in the first round if they make it.

Reactions: Dogs Enthusiast

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
1727642451275.jpeg

1727642475805.png

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm a traditionalist, you build out from your own net.
You build from the draft. BPA. If you do it right and your team is unbalanced, you should have the assets to make the moves and balance the roster. Unfortunately, our guy will never get it

Kevin He!

I’ll never understand why a 2nd round NHL talent fell all the way to the 4th round.
From what I understand, many scouts saw him at the start of the season when he was not only struggling offensively, but he was a perimeter player. In the back half of the season, he started to find his confidence and drive the net.

He's likely a steal in the 4th round, but I think there were just a lot of solid options in round 2 that maybe showed more determination in their game all year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You build from the draft. BPA. If you do it right and your team is unbalanced, you should have the assets to make the moves and balance the roster. Unfortunately, our guy will never get it

From what I understand, many scouts saw him at the start of the season when he was not only struggling offensively, but he was a perimeter player. In the back half of the season, he started to find his confidence and drive the net.

He's likely a steal in the 4th round, but I think there were just a lot of solid options in round 2 that maybe showed more determination in their game all year.

The GM or whomever did make the roster more balanced by adding two more to make three ‘06 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad