Niagara IceDogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
Get rid of the coach and things will get back to normal
I am more concerned about the owner/GM than the coach.

First, DeDobbelaer has slashed the hockey operations staff which I can only assume is to save money. He doesn't have to pay a GM since the owner is the GM. All of his coaches have no OHL experience so I would assume they are all on the lower end of the pay scale. He now only has 5 scouts while many OHL teams have double that many scouts. You're never going to be successful if your plan is to be a low budget team.

Secondly, DeDobbelaer has made numerous bad trades. Here are a few examples:

- Acquiring Russian Vsevolod Gaidamak for a 4th round pick who has not yet reported to the IceDogs.

- Acquiring Matthew Papais for a 3rd and 4th round pick and then 6 games into the season trading Papais away for a 5th round pick. What a waste of draft picks.

- Acquiring goalie Owen Flores for a 2nd and 5th round pick and then trading away goalie Joey Costanzo for a 4th and 12th round pick. Flores has a GAA of 4.79 and a Save % of .871 while Constanzo, who is a year younger than Flores, has a GAA of 2.89 and a save % of .912. No one can figure out this trade.

- Trading away left winger Dylan Roobroeck for a 8th round pick, who has 9 points in 12 games with Oshawa, and then acquiring left winger Evan Klein for a 12th round pick, who has 1 assist in 12 games for the IceDogs.

These are some of the worst trades that I have ever seen the IceDogs make and I am not even getting into how many draft picks the IceDogs have traded away this season.

Until DeDobbelaer hires an experienced GM and lets the GM do his thing without interference, the IceDogs will struggle at the bottom of the standings.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I am more concerned about the owner/GM than the coach.
Screenshot_20221031-220937_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-220937_Chrome.jpg

- Acquiring Matthew Papais for a 3rd and 4th round pick and then 6 games into the season trading Papais away for a 5th round pick. What a waste of draft picks.

Papais 4th in scoring on the Attack.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
we need an experienced gm...first thing he would do is evaluate the development of the players and the coach

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Don’t even come here and tell me that they have sone skill. They have a lot of skills? They are just not coached. Sorry you’re a spitfire fan, please let me know out of those players who’s skilled?
I must admit the “Brantford Crew” are off to what would have to be considered a bit of a “slow start”. As for the coach remember he is as pointed out new to this level and will need to gain some experience as the team chose to go with a fresh face. In my mind it would have been smart if you were truly sold on him as your coach for the future to maybe have brought in some experience in your Assistants? But the also new GM has shown he likes it his way as opposed to perhaps the more conventional path. To bad Ice Dog fans support this team so well and are so passionate about Major Junior hockey. You all deserve a high end organization with high end individuals running it. But …… I guess time will tell, pretty early on but so far it’s looking a bit scary for you all? Cheers and Good Luck hope it works out for you all.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
No contest tonight in North Bay has the Icedogs we’re smoked 9 to 3 before 2,041 fans in North Bay.Zito scored all three goals for the Dogs. Next game tomorrow night in Sudbury.

Reactions: dirty12

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
No contest tonight in North Bay has the Icedogs we’re smoked 9 to 3 before 2,041 fans in North Bay.Zito scored all three goals for the Dogs. Next game tomorrow night in Sudbury.
Yikes NB was in London last weekend and although they beat the Knights they didn’t look like a real juggernaut by any means ?

Reactions: three dog night

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
If it had been a home game, Zito would have been first star last night - on the road he got 'an honorable mention.'

Oct 3, 2019
Under/Over is at 14.
What are you taking?
So I guess you don’t have any consideration that the kids might read this crap. You think it’s the kids fault??? You don’t lose by this much because of the kids. If the owner can’t realize that he needs a new coach then I don’t know what to say.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So I guess you don’t have any consideration that the kids might read this crap. You think it’s the kids fault??? You don’t lose by this much because of the kids. If the owner can’t realize that he needs a new coach then I don’t know what to say.
It’s also not all on the coach. You don’t get blown out every game because of one coach/player/goalie. It means they need upgrades everywhere. On the ice and on the bench. But there’s one person who decides who fills both slots… if you’re going to blame a single person it’d have to be the owner

Reactions: three dog night

Oct 3, 2019
It’s also not all on the coach. You don’t get blown out every game because of one coach/player/goalie. It means they need upgrades everywhere. On the ice and on the bench. But there’s one person who decides who fills both slots… if you’re going to blame a single person it’d have to be the owner
For hiring the coach. It’s all about the coach. He’s lost the bench, sorry.

Oct 3, 2019
How does a coach run a team who’s identity changes every 2 seconds? What’s on the ice now is no where near what he was planning to work with to start the year. The team just needs to be left alone for awhile.
Come on guys, you can’t be serious. Watch the game

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

You can coach pride and you can’t coach effort.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The streak is over has the Icedogs nipped Sudbury 5 to 4 in overtime on Castle game winning goal first overtime win of the year Incredible game by Flores despite four goals has he faced 52 shots. Next game tomorrow night in Sault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad