NHL TV ratings 2023/2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reaser

May 19, 2021
What are your predictions for these conference final matchups?

We'll see later today for FLA-NYR Game 1 which should end up the lowest # of the series. After that avg game going forward I'd have it in the 2.4M range for Games 2, 4, 5 with boost for ABC game(s) and if/when Game 7.

EDM-DAL, hope it gets to 2.0M, but I wouldn't be surprised if the series avg ends up 1.783M, for a specific number.

As always, depends how the games go (blowouts, one-goal, OT, etc.) and how the series' go (4-5 games or 6-7 games.)

Basically, no surprise, ECF can do numbers, carried by the Rangers. WCF probably won't be anything special.

What do you have?

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
We'll see later today for FLA-NYR Game 1 which should end up the lowest # of the series. After that avg game going forward I'd have it in the 2.4M range for Games 2, 4, 5 with boost for ABC game(s) and if/when Game 7.

EDM-DAL, hope it gets to 2.0M, but I wouldn't be surprised if the series avg ends up 1.783M, for a specific number.

As always, depends how the games go (blowouts, one-goal, OT, etc.) and how the series' go (4-5 games or 6-7 games.)

Basically, no surprise, ECF can do numbers, carried by the Rangers. WCF probably won't be anything special.

What do you have?
I think Dallas-Edmonton does worse through the first 4 games than 2022 due to Dallas not having the same amount of local engagement Denver has for hockey, but obviously longer series are better for ratings.

I think the eastern conference final could get 4 million for a game 7, but I do think it will hover around 2.3mill-2.7mill for the early games

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
if 2nd round broke record and was up 15% this yr. Imagine if instead of EDM, VAN, FLA and CAR, they had CHI, PIT PHI and DET???

Instead of 1.57M, it would've been 2.57M avg. And besides EDM/VAN, none of the 2nd round series went 7. Had they all gone 7, the # would've been way higher.
Except for your 4 teams you should of picked one from each division,
You have no Pacific teams, so an impossible scenario for this year.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
this NYR loss hurt alot tonight. We need them in the SCF.

if it's DAL/NYR final.... SCF gm7 will get 8.784M viewers

if it's EDM/FLA final....SCF gm7 will get 2.973M viewers. (if they're lucky)

Edm/fla will be an embarassment for the NHL. No one will watch that final. They'll be watching reruns of Shark Tank instead. ..Bettman will have nightmares in his sleep just thinking about it. He will be on antidepressants.
Majority of fans don’t care, if a network gets 1 million or 2 million viewers, it’s just a conversation piece with fans.
Looks like Vancouver/ Edmonton had the best numbers in NA together.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
No Miami Heat or NY Knicks to compete with either at this point.

Even worse for the NHL, Dallas is competing with the NBA Dallas Mavericks, already up 1-0 on the possibly favored Timberwolves.
No Miami Heat or NY Knicks to compete with either at this point.

Even worse for the NHL, Dallas is competing with the NBA Dallas Mavericks, already up 1-0 on the possibly favored Timberwolves.
the heat and knocks fanbase are probably vastly different from panthers and rangers fan base.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Reaser

May 19, 2021

Live during game. Peaked in and there were 14.5k pairs of eyes watching

It did pretty well last season, too.

Was odd last season, and this as well, when Pierre McGuire was/is a part of it as one of the guests. Considering it's more about what and how Anna Dua eats her food with hockey talk mixed in and a chat which has the comments you'd expect when the panel analysts are her & Meghan Chayka. Brings attention, though.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
And it beat Caitlyn Clark. 3 games into her career and the audience bleed continues.

Thats why uber-reactionary proclamations of popularity based off one big rating is laughed at in this thread.
A nhl PLAYOFF game BARELY beat the wnba. It’s the nhl people are laughing at.

Reactions: NextBigThing

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Have you been living under a rock? Caitlyn Clark has been like biggest story in US sports this year.
I get that it was. A big sports story. The fact that a big four sport aren’t in any big sport story conversations should show
People love using this thread to vent how sure they are that the NHL is going to die
nobidy is saying the nhl is going to die it just become more irrevelant.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
The NHL’s increase through two rounds can be contrasted to the NBA, which is down 10%after its first two rounds. However, the NBA’s average game audience is more than triple the NHL’s through two rounds, averaging 3.77 million viewers per game. While more broadcast television windows have aided the league’s numbers, a TNT (cable) game between the Timberwolves and Nuggets drew 8.41 million viewers on Sunday.

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Have you been living under a rock? Caitlyn Clark has been like biggest story in US sports this year.
Not as big as the nba playoffs which completely annihilated it. The nba makes the wnba look like a joke while the nhl playoff featuring on o6 team barely beats it.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
As one would expect for an all-Canadian matchup, it was still down 40% from Kraken-Stars Game 7 last year (2.75M) and the least-watched second round Game 7 since the 2020 “bubble.” Excluding that anomalous year, it was the least-watched since Jets-Predators on NBCSN in 2018 (1.56M).
Seattle and Dallas being two relatively large US metropolitan areas to be fair.

If it was Jackets-Preds, I suspect dropoff would not be dramatic, if at all.

Reactions: Kirk Van Houten

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Seattle and Dallas being two relatively large US metropolitan areas to be fair.

If it was Jackets-Preds, I suspect dropoff would not be dramatic, if at all.
That guess is a very stupid one. You pick two of the more engaged small markets.

Literally a Predators game 7 featuring a canadian team got 1.9 million viewers in 2018. Idk why you'd think adding the Blue Jackets would somehow decrease that number lol

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
lol removes 20% of population by leaving out Quebec nice cherry pick.

Reread what I had posted. I said 93.5% of Canadians celebrate Monday in some capacity. In Quebec, it is a stat holiday on Monday. It's called National Patriotes Day Perhaps research "holidays in Canada" before posting a rebuttal..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad