NHL Entry Draft 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
That feels like Barry just crossing his fingers and throwing up a prayer to get a high end pick for Askarov. He'll never admit it, but twice in a row he's tried to use him to move up feels desperate.
It's worth doing. But I definitely would balk at anything lower than Askarov's pick value. MAYBE if a really good guy drops to #9-10-11-ish I'd take a pick in that range for him. But it has to be a guy who is really bluechip in terms of the whole package and is basically as "can't-miss" as it gets. I definitely don't see any other team trading that kind of pick for Askarov. If they do, I'd say they're crazy. It never hurts to ask, though. :dunno:

Reactions: MrMerv

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah I think Trotz plans to keep him unless someone gives a stupid overpayment. He couldn't get a top 5 pick for Askarov last year and he won't get one this year

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah I think Trotz plans to keep him unless someone gives a stupid overpayment. He couldn't get a top 5 pick for Askarov last year and he won't get one this year
Guess that's why he could say earlier he wasn't trading him, he already knows no one is dumb enough to give it to him.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
He’s not doing his job if he’s not trying to make a deal to get into the top of the draft. A lot of GMs are doing the exact same thing.

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
if Askarov lit up the playoffs instead of getting benched to a 30 year old, we would have a better chance of moving up in the draft.
But if he was lighting up the playoffs, we wouldn’t be offering up to anybody

Reactions: predhead1

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Surprised of the amount of forwards taken early on. Especially Demidov and Sennecke. Teams usually prefer centers and defensemen early on in the Draft. Expect to see a run of defensemen picks coming up.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Probably a minority view but I’d be happy with Connelly if Barry and Co do their due diligence and conclude he is in the range of multiple other entitled alpha pampered non-rapist kids.

Jiricek if he’s still available would be great. Ditto for Hage. Should be some interesting options.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Probably a minority view but I’d be happy with Connelly if Barry and Co do their due diligence and conclude he is in the range of multiple other entitled alpha pampered non-rapist kids.

Jiricek if he’s still available would be great. Ditto for Hage. Should be some interesting options.

If it wasn't for the Athletic (owned by The NY Times) making Connelly's indiscretion(s) seem like a crime against humanity , it would be a nothing burger.

Thank God social media wasn't a thing when I Was 14.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
If it wasn't for the Athletic (owned by The NY Times) making Connelly's indiscretion(s) seem like a crime against humanity , it would be a nothing burger.

Thank God social media wasn't a thing when I Was 14.
Can't say posing in front of swastikas was ever cool or funny to me but whatever

I don't really think it should end his career aspirations and it doesn't seem like it will but pretending it shouldn't be considered is dumb

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Can't say posing in front of swastikas was ever cool or funny to me but whatever

I don't really think it should end his career aspirations and it doesn't seem like it will but pretending it shouldn't be considered is dumb
of course its dumb, but its not like he has ever espoused Nazi Rhetoric

its a kid being edgy/ironic .....lets move on

wow Jett Luchanko going early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad