**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
You should be happy they're releasing a game for PS3 and 360 instead of completely ditching them rather than moaning about how it's just a roster update.

It's honestly ridiculous that you think they'd put their resources in the previous gen.

As it looks right now ill probably get legacy over 16. At least ill be able to edit rosters and build a player for club.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Was there a tuner or something lately? I started off my BeAGM with good close games. Now all of a sudden im **** kicking teams 7-2 or they are 8-7 hockey games... what the **** is going on?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This game has ticked me off to the point i'm not buying 16.

To hell with your garbage physics. People knocked the old gen games for being the same. You know what? At least those were fun to play. NHL 15 feels like you don't even need skill. It just determines games by whoever gets ****ed less by the garbage physics.

Defensive AI is too good, user defense sucks since it's all luck. **** EA.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

To hell with your garbage physics. People knocked the old gen games for being the same. You know what? At least those were fun to play. NHL 15 feels like you don't even need skill. It just determines games by whoever gets ****ed less by the garbage physics.

I've felt this way for a while too. The way pucks bounce to high scoring areas randomly, unreal.

The Jesus*

I've felt this way for a while too. The way pucks bounce to high scoring areas randomly, unreal.

They've always tilted the game towards offense. The last time they tried making a simulation game, NHL 13, their official forums absolutely exploded with teeny boppers *****ing and moaning about how defenders were "OP". Claiming the poke check was too powerful.

Incessant yammering on and complaining, and eventually EA nerfed it. But even after the nerf, NHL13 remains the most defense heavy game they've released.

A few of us tried to talk reason. Saying that in real life, you can't actually skate through defenders every time you take the puck up the ice. You have to shoot the puck and hope for rebounds, go to dirty areas, and use a cycle game to open up passing lanes to score in the real NHL. That this was the best NHL game EA ever made, and it actually felt like real hockey.

But nope. Hurr Durr skate through whole teams and score dem goalz. The users are just as much a problem as EA. They want stupid arcade, score 10 goals a game hockey with useless defensemen. Screw em.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
They've always tilted the game towards offense. The last time they tried making a simulation game, NHL 13, their official forums absolutely exploded with teeny boppers *****ing and moaning about how defenders were "OP". Claiming the poke check was too powerful.

Incessant yammering on and complaining, and eventually EA nerfed it. But even after the nerf, NHL13 remains the most defense heavy game they've released.

A few of us tried to talk reason. Saying that in real life, you can't actually skate through defenders every time you take the puck up the ice. You have to shoot the puck and hope for rebounds, go to dirty areas, and use a cycle game to open up passing lanes to score in the real NHL. That this was the best NHL game EA ever made, and it actually felt like real hockey.

But nope. Hurr Durr skate through whole teams and score dem goalz. The users are just as much a problem as EA. They want stupid arcade, score 10 goals a game hockey with useless defensemen. Screw em.

I completely agree. I loved NHL 13.

Aug 6, 2012
Can't tell you how many games I completely dominate but lose because my team can't handle a pass and misses the net on so many good chances. Its so frustrating.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Can't tell you how many games I completely dominate but lose because my team can't handle a pass and misses the net on so many good chances. Its so frustrating.

Don't you love it when you set up a wide open guy for a one-timer but he shanks and shoots it the wrong way? That's awfully realistic. I know I've seen Jagr hit a one-timer toward the wrong side of the ice at least 100 times in his career.

Aug 6, 2012
Worst part is you can lose to anybody because everyone just plays the 1-4, spam pokes, and plays skill zone defense. There's not nearly enough skill required to play capable defense, and it really takes away from the game experience. A two year old could play excellent defense in this game.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I completely agree. I loved NHL 13.

13, and 14 were awesome because you could actually play defense.

I thought 13 was the best in the series imo.

I've remembered as much and was bored, so I stuck the disk for 13 in, and wow, it's night and day. Both the goalie and shooter feel better (specifically noticeable in BAP). They're not weightless and floaty, plus the goalie hasn't been nerfed. It's equally easy to score with my skater and the goalie responds to my commands. I was a true idiot to ever buy 15, I deeply regret it... and am not only going so far as to not buy any more of the crap in the future, but am going to quit playing 15 altogether.

Good job, EA. When the quality of your own product that is 2 years newer starkly pales in comparison, well, it's literally record-setting incompetence. Whenever I want to play, I'll use 2k9 or NHL 13 from now on. This actually set me straight.

LoganLeafs19

Jun 29, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm planning on creating Jack Eichel, Noah Hanifin, and Zack Werenski in NHL 15 (Xbox 360) for Be A GM mode so they can be in the draft along with McDavid. The correct way to make sure they get can be drafted is to set their correct birthday and their pro team to none right? That way I can put them on a CHL team and they'll be draft eligible?

JA

I skipped 15. I'll skip 16. I won't buy any more NHL games until the dev team is replaced.

I was once a top 100 EASHL player.

Aug 6, 2012
Yeah not buying 16. I could write a novel on all the flaws in this game. It really sucks. I want to enjoy this game but half the time its just not possible.

Aug 6, 2012
Do people still deny ice tilt? Its so obvious on next-gen its unreal. Its so easy to tell when you have it and when you don't. Either your guys are always standing still or they're moving all over the place.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I could write a novel on the problems with 15. But since thinking about it makes my blood boil, i'll footnote it.

- Defensive AI has magnets attached to them. They block every point shot, everything you shoot at one on one they somehow get a piece of despite me aiming to the outside of their body. Not to mention their incredible telekinetic ability to pick off 95% of passes

-Offensive AI ranges from barely above competent to outright sieves. Sometimes they're ok, and then sometimes they let passes go right past them or fail to pick it up for no reason.

- Get rid of the ****ing 1-4. Yes, i get it's an actual hockey strategy but it's so god damn lame, especially when combined with the AI. BaconCountry (who i'm sure everyone knows is pretty damn good at these games) himself even wants it gone because it kills the flow of a game.

- Player switching sucks. You shouldn't have to frantically mash Left trigger/l2 in order to get to the guy nearest to the puck, especially in critical moments. Madden lets you do that and it hasn't gotten any complaints. Can't even count how many times i got screwed by that.

- Passing sucks - I swear some games it feels like i don't even have control of where it goes

- Hitting sucks: Hit a guy near the boards? Nope, he just scrapes by somehow. Hit a guy while he's deking? Nope, his forcefield pushes you away somehow. NHL 11's hitting, as unrealistic as it was (Patrick Kane somehow obliterating John Scott) actually worked. And then there's the times when your guy goes for the hit animation when the player has skated by.

Stupid penalties

Puck Physics: I don't give a damn if you're playing a game in Phoenix while it's 150 degrees outside, pucks do not bounce that much. Over players sticks, somehow bouncing back to the player after you knock it off their stick 3 times.

-Deking is overpowered to Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl levels. You shouldn't be unhittable on toe drags and stuff like that. And it sure as hell shouldn't be universal across all players. Ryan Garbutt and Sidney Crosby should not be able to pull the same moves. It just doesn't work like that.

- Ice Tilt. It's there. We're not stupid EA.

Like i said, the older gen games get crap for being the same thing over and over, but at least they stayed consistent and felt rewarding to play. This game has worse consistency than roulette wheels. I beat a guy in the top 600 and didn't even feel rewarded because he outshot me 40-20 and i hung on because i won on a horrible bounce. Horrible bounces deciding games are fine once and a while, but this game makes a habit out of it. Like seen here. This guy was like 150-250-10 and i dominated all game. What happens?

And i'm not writing this because i suck, or i'm a sore loser. I'm 126-94-13 as i'm writing this. I've taken some of the top 100 to OT and close games. Well, actually i can't tell how good i am because who the hell knows with this game.

I won't be buying it unless i see huge changes to the engines. Or if i go into withdrawl i'll buy it used so EA doesn't get a dime. But in all likelihood, i won't because 15 has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Edit: Lost to another guy 60 games below 500 1-0. Outshot him 21-10. I literally can't even.

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I'm on PS3 and haven't played in months and months. Did they ever do anything to address the gamebreaker where you can't get out of the CHL in Be A Pro? They should definitely be doing a patch for something that crucial to gameplay...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The worst thing about the game is that if a player is coming into the slot and facing up to your player, and they rag the puck back, they are almost invincible one on one from the front.

You can't push them off the puck, they are magic. Even if you get at them physically, their shot isn't effected, it goes off perfectly.

Poking or stick lifting isn't very effective from the front, so the only way to counter is perfect positioning where you block the shot.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The second worse thing about the game are people who choose coloured jerseys when they are the away team. How dumb or selfish do you have to be to do that. It is a very obvious system....one team wears white, one team wears colours, it is easier to see that way.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Oh great, another online versus game where my win doesn't show up after on my record...Funny how this never happens after losses...:rant:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Worst part is you can lose to anybody because everyone just plays the 1-4, spam pokes, and plays skill zone defense. There's not nearly enough skill required to play capable defense, and it really takes away from the game experience. A two year old could play excellent defense in this game.

Strongly agree with this point.

I'm hoping that in NHL 16, you actually need skill to be good at defence, instead of just poke checking 800 times per game.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I can't even get into a game right now.. Every time I get failed to retrieve data message. :shakehead

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Anyone ever play against someone who after they get the lead they skate around in circles in their own zone passing it around to drain the clock for the entire game?

Just had that happened to me....AGAIN. I saved the video, thinking about uploading it to youtube. Not sure if it's considered a form of 'cheating' but it sure should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad