**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Bought this game for $20 a couple weeks ago at a Sony store that was closing. Can't believe the price it actually retails for.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I threw the game out for the record last night. My team has 3 90s (C/LW/D) on it and 5 85-87s with a 24 year old 84 overall goalie. My team has a 500 record and when I tried to play a game to turn it around I got absolutely curbstomped 5-1 with shots 24-13 in my favor including 4 absurd cross crease saves and me outhitting the other team 23-4. I lead in terms of Time of Posession by 2 minutes. My lone goal was a slap shot from the high slot that I guess the goalie was screened because he reacted late.

I had to trade away Cory Schneider because everytime I played a game he would let up a goal on the 2nd or 3rd shot he faced no matter the difficulty. This game is garbage.

Can't really be avoided, I hate how this game does stuff like this.

I had an 85 rated goalie who would let in weaksauce goals all the time, I replaced him for my backup, some random scrub i drafted, 76 rating.

He proceeded to make save after save, went on a win streak and he had a decent GAA and Save%

Game is confusing as hell.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Can't really be avoided, I hate how this game does stuff like this.

I had an 85 rated goalie who would let in weaksauce goals all the time, I replaced him for my backup, some random scrub i drafted, 76 rating.

He proceeded to make save after save, went on a win streak and he had a decent GAA and Save%

Game is confusing as hell.

Yup, sometimes in versus Rask will let in like 3 goals on 8 shots, I put 78 overall Svedberg in and he'll make a few insane saves and hold down the fort and I'll come back and end up winning

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
To a Caps fan I just beat 11-1, if you're reading this:

I lost three straight games I thought I should have won and I was pissed, I'm sorry for making you watch a replay of a fight you lost, I'm sorry for taking shots at your net with players I know who don't drop the gloves and declining to fight you, I'm also sorry for making you watch the replays to all the goals I scored including the ones you purposely put into your own net. I did not expect you to lose it like that but in my defense I had to do anything and everything I could to get the win including getting inside your head. But you should have quit. :D

Nidos

Sad Devils Fan
Apr 29, 2014
New Jersey
It sucks how I'm on the 3rd line on BAP, and get 30+ minutes per game. 1st liners get minimal ice time. Unrealistic

Aug 6, 2012
Just played a game where I I gave up 8 shots total... 5 went in. Probably two were quality changes. Anyone ever had that?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I hate how a puck is right next to you and you can't just get possession, you do some slow ass 360 spin and even then your opponent gets it.

Game is very, very frustrating. The mistakes I make I never see the CPU make. Like the 360 spin to get the puck, how passes on break outs players don't get even tho the pass is right to them and it creates an icing. CPU players are much faster than my guys getting to pucks. I hate the lazy glide all my players do. Goalies for the most part are garbage.

There is more I am just too lazy to type it....

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I love how i knock the puck off an opponent's stick 3 times, stick check him, and he somehow gets it back and fires it get past my goalie.

This game punishes you for playing defense. What a joke.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I love how my goalies get possession, get ran into and lose it but no penalty is called or after the whistle they're skated into and no call but I gently bump one of their guys and I get a penalty. :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I hate it i hate it i hate it. At first i enjoyed this game, but now it's degraded into a pile of garbage.

- Defensive AI is too good. People whining about defense being crappy in last gen's games just didn't know how to play defense. Now? All your CPU have to do is sit aimlessly and watch as the lousy physics engine takes hold and you magically lose the puck.

-Physics engine sucks. I've never in my life seen so many botched pass receptions, puck shenanigans and all the other crap this game has. I get hockey has the odd weird bounce or bad break, but this much? Hell no. Not to mention your players spin around after being hit by a gentle breeze.

In the last 4 games i've played, i've lost all of them 1-0, outshooting the opponent 2:1 and getting good chances. All of my opponents goals were literal garbage (lousy AI jumping out to grab a rebound twice when there is no rebound to speak of, stuff like that)

I want the old gen games back so bad. Least when i lost, it was usually because i got my ass kicked (and the odd screwjob, but it happens in actual hockey the odd time so i can live with that.)

Seriously, i was like 70 games above 500 in 14 VS and well over 80 in 13. Now i'm struggling to stay at 20 because of crap like this.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I hate it i hate it i hate it. At first i enjoyed this game, but now it's degraded into a pile of garbage.

- Defensive AI is too good. People whining about defense being crappy in last gen's games just didn't know how to play defense. Now? All your CPU have to do is sit aimlessly and watch as the lousy physics engine takes hold and you magically lose the puck.

-Physics engine sucks. I've never in my life seen so many botched pass receptions, puck shenanigans and all the other crap this game has. I get hockey has the odd weird bounce or bad break, but this much? Hell no. Not to mention your players spin around after being hit by a gentle breeze.

In the last 4 games i've played, i've lost all of them 1-0, outshooting the opponent 2:1 and getting good chances. All of my opponents goals were literal garbage (lousy AI jumping out to grab a rebound twice when there is no rebound to speak of, stuff like that)

I want the old gen games back so bad. Least when i lost, it was usually because i got my ass kicked (and the odd screwjob, but it happens in actual hockey the odd time so i can live with that.)

Seriously, i was like 70 games above 500 in 14 VS and well over 80 in 13. Now i'm struggling to stay at 20 because of crap like this.

This keeps happening to me offline, different story online however. I like the challenge I just wish my goalie would stop letting in **** goals.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I don't get why almost everyone I start up nhl15 it says at the top of the screen that I have lost my internet connection blah blah blah, but i actually haven't and my online play works

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

This makes me rage almost every time I play: I finally muscle or poke the puck off a CPU player after struggling to get it off him without taking a penalty, I am blowing by a guy with the puck, no poke animation or anything happens and magically the puck just gravitates to the CPU again. WHY?!?! If there's no poke or stick lift animation that shouldn't happen. I pump up the human interceptions too otherwise all the times I should intercept a puck it never happens...

I'm playing on PS3 though. And I hate how even when I'm an 80/90 skater guys consistently blow by me even if I'm hustling with them.

I hate how a puck is right next to you and you can't just get possession, you do some slow ass 360 spin and even then your opponent gets it.

Game is very, very frustrating. The mistakes I make I never see the CPU make. Like the 360 spin to get the puck, how passes on break outs players don't get even tho the pass is right to them and it creates an icing. CPU players are much faster than my guys getting to pucks. I hate the lazy glide all my players do. Goalies for the most part are garbage.

There is more I am just too lazy to type it....

THIS too! Or how I constantly feed my players good passes and they stop and let it slide by then I get "watch the turnovers." Yeah, thanks got it. Or the here's a start in the defensive zone, goal gets scored as you get on the ice and that's somehow your fault...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I don't get why almost everyone I start up nhl15 it says at the top of the screen that I have lost my internet connection blah blah blah, but i actually haven't and my online play works

I played online last on 13 or 14 and it sucked and the response was slow.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Hate how my guys are so easily knocked off the puck or they are tapped and their knees buckle. Yet I can hardly knock guys off the puck.

I mentioned before the goalie interference. Well again today my goalie was ran and no penalty, just lost the puck and a fight option showed up for a split second.

I mean in my season so far I am 45-2 but the game is still frustrating.

Fighting was cool in NHL 14 but they need to still tweak it.......

EA is just lazy because they have no competition same with Madden. You don't see 2K sports saying well we're the only NBA game around we will leave it as is. NO they continually fix the improve the game.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
This game is closer to a timbits hockey simulation. players are falling all over the place. A breaze of wind knocks you over

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I enjoyed this game for the Be A Pro for about a month. Then I realized all the little crap things that I'd thought were just me being picky had all coalesced into a big piece of crap, even while I was unable to lose even when trying (I'm 51-0 in my OHL season, though I've replayed about 20 games where I went something like 15-5 [I know I lost 2 games in a shootout and another in OT] but I got over 20 minutes in penalty minutes each time...I still have over 210 PIMs through those 51 games :shakehead).

My biggest gripes:

1) Fights that happen without any warning. I don't care if I just ran over your goalie or hit someone from behind 5 inches from the boards and broke your teammate's back, I should have final say as to whether *I* fight. The other guy can give me facewashes and whatnot all he likes. That said, the real problem with this isn't those cases where you expect someone to go after you, but rather when you're forced to fight when you clearly didn't do anything to warrant a forced fight (like, for example, when you tap a goalie lightly or run over a guy in centre ice after lining him up for about 3-5 steps). Plus, they never get an instigator! And just for added frustration, when the other team does something that turns into a fight for me, not only do they not get into a fight, but they rarely get any penalty at all. Which brings us to...

2) Different rules for computer teams. I constantly see opposition players run into my goalie just before a whistle, and they never get a penalty. Not once. I've done it twice, both times going for a loose puck, and both times I got 2 for it plus had a fight. The same thing goes with shooting the puck after a whistle. This is not even noting that most anytime I try to lift an opponent's stick, I always get a hook or "slash" penalty, while the opponent is always picture perfect at it.

3) The controls suck! It's impossible to throw on the breaks in this game, even when I'm coasting. Almost always, the player does a half-circle about the radius of the faceoff circle when I try to which usually results in me covering either the players on the bench or the icing line in the corner when I'm trying to get into the slot to block a shot from the point. There's also the annoying bit where shooting and hitting is controlled by the same action, which constantly results in the goalie interference penalties I talked about earlier (not to mention accidentally shooting the puck into the net during stoppages while trying to push a player who's attacking me away).

4) The goal totals and situational realism is totally wacked. I'm constantly ending up with scores of 8-5 and the like. And even more insane is the fact that the shot totals always reach into the 60s each for both teams. That said, I'm playing full 20 minute periods, so it might not be as insane as I think, since it's probably made for 10 minute periods (though I'd still think they'd set it so it properly adapts for that change). The problem that doesn't explain is that about 90% of the goals are scored in the 3rd period. I'm constantly going into the 3rd period with 1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 scores and having the final be 8-5 or 10-2 or something stupid like that. Though the most annoying thing is that in games where it is close late and we're pushing for the tying goal, the "coach" decided to leave the goalie in the net until we're under 30 seconds left, plus he keeps rolling the lines the same as during the rest of the game (25+ seconds and off for a whistle, regardless of fatigue, always).

In reality, I don't care too much about the last 3. I've always wished EA would make realism options available alongside the more arcade-type default settings, but I enjoy running around and demolishing players with hits all over the place (the idea of having less than 10 hits a game per player is foreign to me). The fact is #1 removes even that enjoyment for me. Basically, IMO, they've half-assed the realism, trying to put these kinda sorta realistic things in that only remove the fun of the unrealistically absurd gameplay that I find lessens the annoyance of the unrealism. The fact that they've made a realistic response to an unrealistic system just further shows how poorly made this game is.

Last edited:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
this game really blows on next gen

hopefully they go back to the old skill stick in 16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad