**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
When I play the CPU I get 1 PP every 15 games. They get 4-8 PPs per game. Half of which are 'goalie interference', cross checking, or elbowing.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
How long does it take to install the game? I just bought a new system and the game
I'm stuck at 94%. X-Box 1 btw

It took forever for me when I was first trying. Then I read to take the disc out, turn off wifi, turn off the console, turn it back on and put the disc in and it moved pretty quick.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
When you're loading up for a onetime off the draw from the point. Is this this the process?
> L2 - forward on left stick - pull back on right stick > push forward on right. Or do you even need to pull back on the right stick? Ie - just push forward on right. I've had varying success with it, just looking for some tips.

You don't need to hold down the button to perform the one-timer (LB on XBO) until you've won the faceoff. ANd even then, the D-man rarely one-times it off the draw if the center simply passes it back to him. You're better off trying to tie up the center and have a winger come in, and pass back to the d-man.

Of course, you have to have a righty on the left and a lefty on the right to work properly.

How long does it take to install the game? I just bought a new system and the game
I'm stuck at 94%. X-Box 1 btw

To install anything on XBO I would recommend setting aside half the day.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I threw the game out for the record last night. My team has 3 90s (C/LW/D) on it and 5 85-87s with a 24 year old 84 overall goalie. My team has a 500 record and when I tried to play a game to turn it around I got absolutely curbstomped 5-1 with shots 24-13 in my favor including 4 absurd cross crease saves and me outhitting the other team 23-4. I lead in terms of Time of Posession by 2 minutes. My lone goal was a slap shot from the high slot that I guess the goalie was screened because he reacted late.

I had to trade away Cory Schneider because everytime I played a game he would let up a goal on the 2nd or 3rd shot he faced no matter the difficulty. This game is garbage.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
It took forever for me when I was first trying. Then I read to take the disc out, turn off wifi, turn off the console, turn it back on and put the disc in and it moved pretty quick.

Yeah, that's what I did because my internet is so unbelievably slow, with WiFi on I would seriously have to wait a good day and half just to download the game, not even counting the update. I'm glad I learned that trick.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Yeah, that's what I did because my internet is so unbelievably slow, with WiFi on I would seriously have to wait a good day and half just to download the game, not even counting the update. I'm glad I learned that trick.

Mine sat at 14% for a good 3 hours until I did that

martz11

Mar 5, 2013
PA
This game is just so bad. I want answers EA. Why is the online play so lopsided one way or the other? My guys are either the '87 Oilers or the children of the blind/def/dumb school. It's just so absurd.

One game I'm picking corners and the next game my guys are missing 3 wide open nets. This ice-tilt needs fixed.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
I don't know if this is the right thread for this but has there been any information about NHL 16 being released on old gen too?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
This game is just so bad. I want answers EA. Why is the online play so lopsided one way or the other? My guys are either the '87 Oilers or the children of the blind/def/dumb school. It's just so absurd.

One game I'm picking corners and the next game my guys are missing 3 wide open nets. This ice-tilt needs fixed.

EA don't care. Look at their twitter. All HUT. Where were the promised updates?

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I just lost an online vs game, 2-0. I thought my opponent was somehow cheating because he was using his top players an insane amount of time but they didn't slow. TOI Crosby 41 M, Malkin 46 M, Letang 51+!! IN REGULATION, OUT OF 60!

Last edited:

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Has anyone ever seen an AI controlled team called for goaltender interference? Because of how demented players scripted behaviour is in this game, AI players on both teams are forever going kamakaze into the goaltender and yet I've never once gotten a powerplay from it, despite them doing it twice as much as I do and I get called at least once per game . Once the AI goalie skated out to the faceoff circle and collided with my forechecker and I still got called.

While we're on the subject of spazzy AI, I'm getting pretty damn tired of my far side winger jumping offside ten time per game. And my linemates seemingly going out of their way to not get open and insistence on playing on their backhand.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Decided to buy a regular Ben Bishop, since I'm fed up of giving 3 goals a game with Jonathan Quick. 1st game- Allows 1 goal on 15 shots (very happy since the goal was fluky- player meant to pass it, bounced off my D'man's skate in to the goal). Next game- Allows 3 quick goals on 6 shots- 2 pretty fluky/lucky ones. I come back, and yet he scores another lucky couple bounces off the ice breakaway goal with 4 seconds left in the 2nd period.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a way to create a draft prospect in '15?

I'd like to create Eichel, Hanifin, Werenski, etc. so that they'll be available for the 2015 draft in Be a GM. How do I go about that?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a way to create a draft prospect in '15?

I'd like to create Eichel, Hanifin, Werenski, etc. so that they'll be available for the 2015 draft in Be a GM. How do I go about that?
I think you just need to put them on a junior or European team.

lati4

Feb 26, 2012
Quick question about Be A Pro

Is there a way to control the whole team instead of just my created player? I thought I could remember doing it in years past but I can't seem to figure out how in this version! Thanks!

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Are you thinking of season mode? I don't think you could ever control multiple players in Be A Pro/Live The Life... I could be wrong though.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
In Be a GM mode for 360 it freezes up after the draft in season 3. Frist I thought it may of been because it was a created team second time it was just a regular team.

Any fix for this? or can I only have a 3 year career?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad