NHL 13 Dynasty Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
That should be the case, but the description mentioned nothing about player progression.

Odd.

I've just intuitively treated assistant coaches the same way that I've treated them in previous games, and the results have been the same.

My suggestion would be to ignore the description and treat it as the most important upgrade you can invest into - the same way that it has been in games' past

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Call of Duty there usually is something to complain about like the pro pipes or the Mp40

And there's never ANYTHING to complain about in NHL games?

This isn't an NHL vs CoD discussion; it's making a point about it being fashionable to criticize and bash something - a point that clearly you understand.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
I thought that assistant coach was useless this year. Since I play with injuries off I was just dumping all my points into the two scouts.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
There are too few 18-19 year olds in the draft and way too many 20-22 year olds in the draft. I don't really mind that much, it's just something I noticed.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
After a very inconsistent start to the season, ive decided to do a mini rebuild with the Sabres

Mikhail Grigorenko, with 1 assist in 8 games, was sent back to jrs. Also made a big time blockbuster

Ryan Miller and Nathan Gerbe to SJ for Logan Couture, Antii Niemi, a 2013 1st and 3rd round picks

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Started a GM with the New York Islanders, not much to talk about there... but I did notice a few trades around the league within the first 5 games.

To Tampa Bay - 2013 1st, Riley Boychuk, TJ Brennan
To Buffalo - Martin St. Louis

To Phoenix - Louis Leblanc, Alain Berger
To Montreal - Shane Doan, Steve Sullivan

To Ottawa - 2013 1st, Dylan Demelo
To San Jose - Daniel Alfredsson

To Calgary - Teemu Pulkkinen, Marc-Anthony Zanetti
To Detroit - Jarome Iginla

tANNERRRR54

Sep 12, 2012
Southern California
Isn't assistant coach still the most important one to upgrade!?

I could be wrong, but assistant coaches still control the ability of your players to improve over the course of the season + off-season.

In my GM, while I'm not 100% certain, I felt that with my assistant coach maxed out, my players reached their potentials much higher.

Pretty much all my first and second round draft picks were NHL ready after just one year, and my high potential roster players use to see huge increases in overall, especially after their first full year out of junior.

While I don't have evidence, it still feels as though assistant coach is single-handedly the most important upgrade to be concerned about.

Winner winner. Assistant GM is BY FAR the most important one to upgrade. In fact, the others are basically useless

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Started a GM with the New York Islanders, not much to talk about there... but I did notice a few trades around the league within the first 5 games.

To Tampa Bay - 2013 1st, Riley Boychuk, TJ Brennan
To Buffalo - Martin St. Louis

To Phoenix - Louis Leblanc, Alain Berger
To Montreal - Shane Doan, Steve Sullivan

To Ottawa - 2013 1st, Dylan Demelo
To San Jose - Daniel Alfredsson

To Calgary - Teemu Pulkkinen, Marc-Anthony Zanetti
To Detroit - Jarome Iginla

St. Louis, Doan, Alfreddson, and Iginla are 4 veteran players that are on the trade block right off the bat - they will almost always be traded in every single GM that you do.

It's one of those things that will always happen - similar to the Cory Schneider on waivers half way through season 2 in NHL 12.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Giroux is asking me for $10.610 for 6 years but I'm feeling like I have to resign him since he's my franchise player.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
@VanCanucks: Ouch! Rocked by the Leafs on HNIC! Canucks drop to 16-12-2 for the season #Ronmcleanishappy #Streakover #Canucks

BAGM Trades to Date:

November 5, 2012

To MIN:
RW Jarome Iginla

To CGY:
D Mathew Dumba, G Matt Hackett

------------------------------
November 14, 2012

To NJD:
RW Joel Armia, C Steven Shipley

To BUF:
C Patrik Elias

December 16, 2012

To PHX:
C Mikhail Grigorenko, D Brady Austin

To BUF:
RW Shane Doan

BigMacJokinen

Feb 16, 2012
Just started my Be a Bob Murray - GM of Anaheim Ducks-game. It's now pre-season and nothing has happened yet.

I have had my share of "standard" GM play so I will now approach it with more restrictions - so I can't fleece the CPU.

I will also respect expiring UFAs - while they are easy to extend in the game, I will act like it is not. I will also follow how well player will do (statistics, how does he fit in to the squad) and then make decisions will I trade or even not re-sign him.

I will play 20 or so games, most games I will simulate. In playoffs (should I make it), I will play all or most of the games.

Some of my rules include:
- I can't sign a UFA over 85+ unless it is likely that the player would be interested joining to my team, in my teams situation in real life. (ie. Brad Richards wouldn't sign with Anaheim)
- I will not take the most of what computer teams would offer me, I'll try to make the return as realistic as possible. I will also look will this trade make sense to them. However I could try to pry capdump player from a team that is having problems with salary cap cheap.
- Injuries, waivers are OFF - however if I need to send down a player that I'd need to waive, I need to ship him out for a 5th or something, so I still need to respect waiver eligble players for my team. There is a possibility that I turn injuries on for the playoffs.
-Why I didn't add waivers for CPU - it is quite rare that a player from waivers make impact (Grabner for example) and even then it is very unlikely that it would hit Anaheim from all 29 teams.
- CPU trades and salary cap are ON.
- GM Sacking is off, I will stay in Anaheim for all of this game length.

However, this is not trying to be that realistic in every case. I will be more inclined to dramatic scenarios. For example (read below), Perry and Getzlaf will be traded if I'm out of playoff contention in the first year - they don't want to stay anymore then.

Also I've started this with the current roster update, so Niklas Hagman is still with the Ducks. So this is an alternative universe where Hagman stayed on the Ducks - he has 1 year left on his 3 million deal.

So here it begins, Anaheim's story as it is told by BigMacJokinen. Enjoy :)

Anaheim Ducks, season 1 (2012-2013)

Media report (pre-season): "It has been told that Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry have sit down with Bob Murray, the general manager of Anaheim, and have told that their time is up unless the team improves this season. Facing big pressure, this year is very decisive for Anaheim and Bob Murray"

Media prediction for Anaheim: battling for the last playoffs spot, 9th

Interview with Bob Murray (GM of Anaheim)

Q: "Are the rumours true that Getzlaf and Perry are leaving?"
Bob: "No, they are very happy to stay here and they are very important players to us, I don't see them leaving the foreseeable future."

Q: "Are you planning to play RPG-line together again?"
Bob: "Well this is our head coach (Bruce Boudreau) decision but what I've talked with Bruce, this is correct, we will try this and I'm pretty sure they'll be deadly together."

Q: "Will any rookie make the roster this season, maybe Sami Vatanen?"
Bob: "This is our coaches decision, but from what I've heard, Kyle (Palmieri) looks ready and could make a good impact to the team. Sami, well I think he needs to adjust to the NA game, so he will start in the AHL but he's good kid so maybe he does play later this season."

Q: "Will you make the playoffs this season?"
Bob: "Yes, definetly. We had some bad luck last season but I'm sure now our first season with Bruce and getting better seasons from Getzlaf and co. we'll make the playoffs, no question about that."

Anaheim current roster (Season 1 | Pre-season)
Bobby Ryan (86) - Ryan Getzlaf (88) - Corey Perry (88)
Niklas Hagman (78) - Saku Koivu (78) - Teemu Selänne (82)
Daniel Winnik (78) - Andrew Cogliano (80) - Kyle Palmieri (77)
Matt Beleskey (75) - Nick Bonino (73) - Jason Blake (76)
healthy scratch: Pelley (70), Staubitz (67)

Cam Fowler (77) - Francois Beauchemin (83)
Luca Sbisa (84) - Toni Lydman (81)
Sheldon Souray (78) - Bryan Allen (81)

Jonas Hiller (82)
Dan Ellis (76)

Salary cap: 61,495M / 70,200M
Reserve list: 49/50 contracts, 3/40 unsigned prospects

Closest to make the roster / AHL callups:
Jeff Deslauriers (G, 73)
Mat Clark (D, 74)
Brandon McMillan (LW, 78)
Dan Sexton (RW, 74)
Devante Smith-Pelly (LW, 73)
Peter Holland (C, 72)

Most talented prospects (in AHL/junior)
Emerson Etem (4,5*)
John Gibson (4,5*)
Max Friberg (3,5*)
Devante Smith-Pelly (3,5*)
Hampus Lindholm (3,5*)
Sami Vatanen (3,5*)

Rumours. Anaheim is aiming to sign a depth defenceman from UFA market or trade for one. Preferably right-handed.

More updates to come, after the season kickoff.

Last edited:

blackhawk89

Oct 27, 2010
Switzerland
Started a Be a GM with the Chicago Blackhawks

My current Lineup:

Chicago Blackhawks (25-4-2)

P. Sharp (87) - J. Toews (90) - J. Hayes (73)
J. Jokinen (81) - P. Kane (86) - V. Stalberg (81)
A. Brunette (78) - D. Bolland (84) - A. Shaw (71)
D. Carcillo (76) - M. Kruger (74) - B. Bollig (63)

B. Seabrook (86) - D. Keith (90)
N. Hjalmarsson (84) - N. Leddy (79)
M. Rozsival (82) - J. Oduya (80)

C. Crawford (82)
R. Emery (76)

Cap Space: 3.567 mil

Injured: M. Hossa (89)

Top 5 Scorer:

1. J. Toews 31gp 18g 21a 39p
2. P. Sharp 29gp 13g 15a 28p
3. M. Hossa 26gp 19g 7a 26p
4. N. Hjalmarsson 31gp 1g 21a 22p
5. P. Kane 31gp 11g 10a 21p

Trades I've made:

I've added Free Agent Andrew Brunette (1 year 2.4 mil)

To Pit:
M. Hofflin, D. Pacan, D. Fournier and G. Ross
To Chi:
O. Maatta

To Nyr
P. Danault and 2014 2nd Round Pick
To Chi:
D. Mcilrath

To Nyr
J. Mayers
To Chi:
2013 4th Round Pick

To Car:
Brian Bickell
To Chi:
J. Jokinen and 7th Round Pick 2013

To Nyr:
S. Lepisto, M. Frolik, Chi 2013 4th Round Pick, Chi 2014 2nd Round Pick
To Chi:
C. Kreider

To Col:
C. Kreider
To Chi:
R. Murray

I've claimed Gregg Campbell of waivers and traded him for a 3rd Round Pick to the Anaheim Ducks.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
:edmonton

Young Oilers Hope to Finally Return to the Playoffs

phil-kessel1.jpg

The hockey world was shocked when Phil Kessel left Toronto to be an unrestricted free agent. He signed with Edmonton for 5 years at $10 million per season.

After the free agent signing of superstar forward Phil Kessel, this has got to be the year that the Edmonton Oilers finally make the payoffs. The club hasn't participated in post-season play since their run to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2006. Heading into the 2014-15 season, the Oilers are confident.

"The pressure in Toronto just became too much for me," said Oilers forward Phil Kessel. "I love it here in Canada, everyone lives and breathes hockey. Edmonton has a great young core of players, and I think we can make it to the playoffs this year."

2014-15 Oilers Lineup

Taylor Hall (88, A) - Sam Gagner (82) - Phil Kessel (89, A)
Magnus Paajarvi (81) - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (80) - Jordan Eberle (86)
Zack Smith (81) - Sean Couturier (79) - Chad LaRose (80)
Drew Miller (77) - Kevin Porter (76) - Ryan Jones (77)

Ryan Murray (86) - John Carlson (86, A)
Nick Schultz (84) - Ryan Pulock* (84)
Ladislav Smid (81) - Colton Teubert* (80)

Jonathan Bernier (84)
Tyler Bunz* (81)

* denotes rookie player

BigMacJokinen

Feb 16, 2012
Continues the story from post #164

It's late November of 2012, season 1 of Anaheim BeAGM. Here is a recap what's happened.

Anaheim Ducks sign 35 year old right-handed defenceman Brent Sopel (78) for a 2-year, 1,775m per deal. #ducks #nhl

Bob (GM) comment on the signing: "We lacked a right-handed defenceman from our roster and Brent is a great add for us, he is also experienced and will help our young players like Luca and Cam to develop. Brent played the last season in KHL but as he is so experienced I don't feel that he needs much time to adjust into a smaller rink again"

Anaheim pre-season was pretty promising as they won two of their four games - and the losses were both in overtime.

Season was opened against San Jose Sharks - the game ended a 3-0 victory for the Ducks, Hiller and Perry being the key players for that win.

Anaheim legend Teemu Selänne got his first goal in 2nd game of the season. The goal scored against Dallas was also the game winning goal.

After 22 games

Pacific Division
Los Angeles 26
Dallas 25
Anaheim 24
San Jose 23
Phoenix 19

Western Conference

5th Dallas 25
6th Anaheim 24
7th San Jose 23
8th Edmonton 23
----------------------
9th Detroit 23
10th Colorado 22

Who's HOT and who's NOT?

HOT
* Corey Perry, this deadly winger has scored very crucial goals and could be one of the Rocket Richard contenders this season
* Ryan Getzlaf, leads the teams point scoring, last season seem very far away as he is back to point-per-game.
* Luca Sbisa, young defenceman has been one of the best Ducks this season, also leads the points for defenceman.
* Francois Beauchemin eats a lot of minutes and has a great impact on both ends of the game, a true leader of the Ducks D at the moment
* Saku Koivu, has been great on PK and has scored some good goals. Age shos a little bit but nonetheless, very important forward that helps Ducks every night.

NOT
* Toni Lydman, while his hit for Marleau ended up being in the nhl.com highlights of the week, he has been one the major disappointments this far. He has been more unreliable than his standard, also taking too many stupid penalties. Needs to improve to stay in the roster.
* Sheldon Souray, signed to be in #1 PP, has been very invicible. Has taken too many penalties, only good side is that no mistakes on own-end
* Kyle Palmieri, has looked to be a bit out-of-place on the ice. Is currently a heatlhy stratch as he is not exempt for waivers anymore (while I don't have waivers in the game, I respect them)

Last edited:

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Still some silly things going on in BaGM. Colorado signed Thornton as a UFA and immediately put him on the block and traded him two weeks later to Florida for spare parts:shakehead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Detroit:
Lupul
Frattin
Broll

To Toronto:
Datsyuk

JVR- Datsyuk-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-Doan
McKegg-Colborne-Kadri
Winnik-McClement-Greg Scott

Liles-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Rielly-Gunnarsson

Reimer
LeClaire

Still trying to get past the 1st round after two simmed seasons.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
In NHL 12, i attepted to do the 1000 win challenge with a goaltender. Was on pace to get it, but suddenly quit. I may give that an other shot in NHL 13, it was quite fun playing GM mode but focusing in on one player.

BigMacJokinen

Feb 16, 2012
Continues the story from post #167

Mid-January 2013.

Anaheim experienced a mid-season slump in December but has since regained their form and are currently sitting 9th in Western Conference

7th Canucks 47
8th Stars 46
---------------
9th Ducks 46
10th Detroit 41

Veteran forward Jason Blake has been great lately and head coach has places him beside Koivu and Selänne in 2nd line.

Meanwhile, Daniel Winnik has been out of favour and is currently a healthy stratch.

Who's Hot?
- Jason Blake
- Andrew Cogliano (had a rough season start, last game had 2+1)
- Toni Lydman (back to his former self)
- Bryan Allen (great defensive work)

Who's Not?
- Sheldon Souray (error prone, no help on PP either)
- Dan Ellis (has got a few starts and hasn't been able to carry the team)
- Daniel Winnik (worst in +/- on Ducks)

Current lineup
Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Blake-Koivu-Selänne
Hagman-Cogliano-Palmieri
Beleskey-Pelley-Bonino
(Staubitz, Winnik)

Fowler-Beuachemin
Sbisa-Lydman
Sopel-Allen
(Souray)

Hiller
Ellis

Rumours:
* Anaheim has put Daniel Winnik on the trading block. Could be on his way out before the trade deadline if things don't change.
* As situation currently is, the decision of trading Getzlaf and Perry is very interesting. Should Anaheim miss the playoffs, they could end up losing them for free (check my first post for details)

Also Anaheim suprised their fans by playing one home game in classic Mighty Ducks jerseys. This had a warm welcome from the fans and was done to honour winger Teemu Selänne who could be having (again :naughty:) his last season.

Teams have played 41-43 games, this will continue tomorrow and we will find out, will Anaheim stay on the playoff race - will Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry stay as Ducks long-term. All this will be seen soon.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
@VanCanucks: Ouch! Rocked by the Leafs on HNIC! Canucks drop to 16-12-2 for the season #Ronmcleanishappy #Streakover #Canucks

BAGM Trades to Date:

November 5, 2012

To MIN:
RW Jarome Iginla

To CGY:
D Mathew Dumba, G Matt Hackett

November 14, 2012

To NJD:
RW Joel Armia, C Steven Shipley

To BUF:
C Patrik Elias

December 16, 2012

To PHX:
C Mikhail Grigorenko, D Brady Austin

To BUF:
RW Shane Doan
December 17, 2012

To OTT:
2013 1st (SJS)

To SJS:
D Sergei Gonchar

December 18, 2012

To NYR:
RW Brian Rolston, LW Eric Boulton

To NIA:
C Andrew Yogan, 2014 3rd (NYR)

The last one really pisses me off because it put NYI below the salary floor, but the game auto-corrected it by inflating NYI's contracts by 5%.

I specifically went out of my way to make sure every team was cap compliant and that no team would have their contracts artificially adjusted by EA's auto-correct garbage and, apparently, it now does it mid-freaking-season in NHL 13! At least in NHL 12 and before, it only did it at the end of September.

ARGH!!!

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Well...I have Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Gagne, Westgarth, Scuderi, Martinez injured while I have 2 defenders and 2 forwards injured in Manchester...

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Well...I have Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Gagne, Westgarth, Scuderi, Martinez injured while I have 2 defenders and 2 forwards injured in Manchester...
Yeah, I had a pretty bad stretch before I got my medical staff upgraded to level 3.

Had Burrows, Booth, Higgins, H. Sedin, Bieksa, Garrison, and Joslin injured along with another few in the minors.

With level 3, I've had about 2-4 NHLers out and 1-2 AHLers out at a given time. Mind you, small sample size so far.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Blue Jackets fire Howson, bring in Murray
September 26, 2012

122811_howson.gif

Howson giving his exiting press conference after being relieved of command of Columbus

Days before the beginning of the Preseason, the Blue Jackets announced that they have fired Scott Howson and replaced him with young but experienced General Manager Dan Murray. This was thought about and decided after the Rick Nash trade because the owners felt they would lose revenue for losing their franchise player. The owners now entrust Murray with the team and understand that whatever needs to be done to get the Jackets to the playoffs is alright.

Murray didn't waste time at the helm making his first trade with the New York Rangers. He traded away Fedor Tyutin and Colton Gillies in exchange for up and coming prospect Chris Kreider. Tyutin was reportedly asking to be traded after the Nash trade because he knew this team was looking in the opposite direction of where he wanted to be going. So Murray appeased him and started making some calls to other GM's and eventually talked New York into a deal. The 21-year-old Kreider was glad to be traded away saying, "The Rangers have done a lot for me, and I'm happy about that, but I think in Columbus I can achieve my true potential. I think I would have had to wait a bit longer to go pro if I stayed in New York."​

The last thing of the day Murray announced was who was the new captain. We proudly congratulate R.J. Umberger on becoming captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad