NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
In my flyers Dynasty, I just had the most amazing year in 2016-2017,

First off, won the President's trophy for the second year in a row going 55-19-8

Then my best players Micheal Grabner, James Van Riemsdyk, and Claude Giroux had 100-point seasons :D along with Grabner (51 Goals, 69 assists, 120 points :amazed: ) winning the Art Ross, Lady Byng, Ted Lindsay AND Maurice Richard.

and After all that we won the cup.

The lines were this:

Van Riemsdyk (92) - Giroux (92) - Grabner (92) (BEST LINE EVER)
Couturier (84) - Granlund (85) - Zherdev (84)
Leino (82) - Jokinen (80) - Samson (79)
Rinaldo (79) - Slater (80) - Burish (80)

Coburn (89) - Weber (91)
Bourdon (82) - Allen (84)
Gustafsson (79) - Mcquaid (82)

Bobrovsky (92)
Segal (82)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

:flames
BREAKING: Has Jarome Iginla Been Traded?

Iginla.jpg

Multiple reliable sources have reported that the Calgary Flames have traded away their long-time captain Jarome Iginla. The Flames have gotten of to a slow start this season, going 14-11-4 through the first 29 games. Iginla leads the franchise in points and goals, and is second in assists. Here's what our sources had to say:​

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Jarome Iginla's time in Calgary has come to an end. It is reportedly a one-for-one deal.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Canucks, NYR, Ducks, and Pens all showed interest in Iginla during the offseason.

Where has Jarome Iginla ended up? Who are the Flames getting in return? Stay tuned for full details and reactions.​

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
UPDATE: The 2011/12 season has come to a close. The Washington Capitals claimed Lord Stanley in 5 games against the Calgary Flames. The Pittsburgh Penguins took home the President's Trophy with a record of 59-22-1. Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby was awarded the Art Ross, Hart Memorial, Ted Lindsay, and Maurice Richard Trophy. Crosby tallied 51 goals, 68 assists, totalling 119 points.

Awards:
Stanley Cup - Washington Capitals
President's Trophy - Pittsburgh Penguins
Clarence S. Campbell - Calgary Flames
Prince of Wales - Washington Capitals
Art Ross - Sidney Crosby (119 pts)
Hart Memorial - Sidney Crosby
James Norris - Kristopher Letang
Lady Byng - Daniel Sedin
Calder - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Conn Smythe - Tomas Vokoun
Vezina - Ryan Miller
William M. Jennings - Ryan Miller
Bill Masterton - Luke Schenn
Selke - Pavel Datsyuk
Ted Lindsay - Sidney Crosby
Maurice Richard - Sidney Crosby (51g)

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Quarter-Mark Report Card: Vancouver Canucks - F

The term disappointing is a gross understatement when it comes to the Vancouver Canucks so far in the 2011-2012 season after 20 games. Posting an 8-12-0 record, they currently sit in last place in the Western Conference and 29th in the entire league. They currently hold the title of worst goal scoring team, accumulating just 1.65 goals per game, almost half a goal fewer than the next worst team, despite possessing arguably the most offensive talent in the league.

"I think we'll snap out of it," said an optimistic GM Mackenzie. "We have an older group of guys and they normally take some time to get going. The young guys, they come into a season full of enthusiasm and adrenaline, but they end up burning themselves out half-way through. The veterans, they know it's a marathon, not a sprint. Also, it's not like we're getting outplayed. We're out-shooting and out-chancing our opponents by a considerable margin. We'll be fine."

The Canucks have out-shot their opponents quite heavily, averaging 32.3 shots per game relative to 26.7 shots against, but have had serious difficulty putting the puck in the net. At the quarter mark, defenseman Alexander Edler leads the team in points with 2 goals and 9 assists. Superstars Sidney Crosby, Martin St Louis, and Nicklas Backstrom all have 10 or fewer points through the first 20 games, which was unthinkable just a few short months ago.

Thought to be the weak point of the team coming into the season, the goaltending tandem of Martin Brodeur and Johan Hedberg have posted impressive numbers, posting 4 shutouts and a combined goals against average of 2.30. "They've both been great," said Mackenzie. "People keep saying Marty's age is going to catch up to him, but it never seems to. With the attitude and determination he has, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he can continue at this level for another few years."

Canucks fans continue to wait with baited breath for the team to start playing the way many predicted before the season began.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
UPDATE 2:

On to the 2012 Entry Draft.

Going into the draft, the Penguins held four 1st round picks; 3rd, 16th, 19th, and 28th. Not happy with their later selection, the Penguins sent the 28th pick, 2014 4th, 2017 2nd to Washington and received 2012 1st (COL), giving them the 5th overall pick.

THE DRAFT

3rd Overall - Ryan Murray, D, Everett Silvertips (WHL) 82ovr (B,A,A)
5th Overall - Griffin Reinhart, D, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL) 81ovr (A-,A-,A-)
16th Overall - Henrik Samuelsson, RW, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL) 74ovr (B-,B,B-)
19th Overall - Matt Finn, D, Guelph Storm (OHL) 72ovr (B,B-,B)
58th Overall - Martin Frk, RW, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) 74ovr (B,B-,B-)
148th Overall - Olli Maata, D, London Knights (OHL) 69ovr (B-,B-,C)
161st Overall - Luca Ciampini, LW, Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) 69ovr (B,C,B)
178th Overall - Slater Koekkoek, D, Peterborough Petes (OHL) 72ovr (A-,B-,C)
208th Overall - Adam Stevens, RW, Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL) 66ovr (C,B-,B-)

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Out With the Old, In With the New

coreyperry.png
i

Corey Perry (left), the newest member of the Calgary Flames, and Jarome Iginla (right), the newest member of the Anahiem Ducks.

Finally, the details of the latest blockbuster trade have been revealed. Jarome Iginla, the greatest Calgary Flame of all time, is finally on his way out. He has been dealt to the Anahiem Ducks along with a 2016 3rd round pick in exchange for winger Corey Perry.

"Sometimes, you just have to move on. We wish Jarome the best of luck in Anahiem. I know the fans are going to be disappointed that he's gone, but it's a part of hockey. I am ecstatic that we picked up Corey Perry, he plays a great two way game and we know he can put up points."
- Flames GM Deku Scrub

"It really sucks to see him go, I only knew him for just over a year, but he's the best teammate I've ever had the chance to play with."
- Chris Stewart

"You know, I hate that I have to leave this awesome city. I love this place, and I love this franchise. But I know I have to move on, and I would like to thank the Flames organization for all these great years and memories."
- Former Flames captain Jarome Iginla

The Flames have named defenceman Mark Giordano their new captain. Corey Perry and Anze Kopitar will wear the A's on their jerseys.

Mhoogasian94123

Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

coreyperry.png
i

Corey Perry (left), the newest member of the Calgary Flames, and Jarome Iginla (right), the newest member of the Anahiem Ducks.

Finally, the details of the latest blockbuster trade have been revealed. Jarome Iginla, the greatest Calgary Flame of all time, is finally on his way out. He has been dealt to the Anahiem Ducks along with a 2016 3rd round pick in exchange for winger Corey Perry.

"Sometimes, you just have to move on. We wish Jarome the best of luck in Anahiem. I know the fans are going to be disappointed that he's gone, but it's a part of hockey. I am ecstatic that we picked up Corey Perry, he plays a great two way game and we know he can put up points."
- Flames GM Deku Scrub

"It really sucks to see him go, I only knew him for just over a year, but he's the best teammate I've ever had the chance to play with."
- Chris Stewart

"You know, I hate that I have to leave this awesome city. I love this place, and I love this franchise. But I know I have to move on, and I would like to thank the Flames organization for all these great years and memories."

The Flames have named defenceman Mark Giordano their new captain. Corey Perry and Anze Kopitar will wear the A's on their jerseys.
Thank you. ;)
C.Perry is a beast in my previous GM series. I got him at the trade deadline and got him signed to a long term contract. I hope he does well for you.
Stewart - Kopitar - Perry = a great 1st line

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

coreyperry.png
i

- Flames GM Deku Scrub

- Chris Stewart

YES!! I've been refreshing the page every 20 minutes in hopes that you'd have released the details. I had a feeling it was going to be Anaheim that he went too, but I was thinking Ryan Getzlaf more than Corey Perry. I always look forward to reading your updates, keep up the good work!!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Thank you. ;)
C.Perry is a beast in my previous GM series. I got him at the trade deadline and got him signed to a long term contract. I hope he does well for you.
Stewart - Kopitar - Perry = a great 1st line

YES!! I've been refreshing the page every 20 minutes in hopes that you'd have released the details. I had a feeling it was going to be Anaheim that he went too, but I was thinking Ryan Getzlaf more than Corey Perry. I always look forward to reading your updates, keep up the good work!!

Haha, thanks so much guys! Sorry it took so long for that post, I was playing EASHL for a while. I was wanting to get Ryan Getzlaf, him and Kopitar would be a great one-two punch at center. I settled for Corey Perry because if I traded Iggy for Getz then I would not have a first line RW.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Worst To First In 21 Games

If you jumped off the Canucks bandwagon back in November, you're probably feeling pretty silly right about now. After last night's 5-3 victory over the Minnesota Wild, the Vancouver Canucks officially took over first place in the Northwest Division at the halfway point of the season, a remarkable turn-around from just several weeks ago where they found themselves as the bottom-dweller of the Western Conference.

"I hate to play the 'I told you so' game," GM Mackenzie joked. "I think anyone in their right mind can look at our roster and tell you that we're more likely to contend for first overall in the standings than first overall in the draft. It was just a matter of time before we snapped out of the funk."

The Canucks have managed a 17-3-1 record over that stretch despite a string of injuries to key players. Defenseman Alexander Edler suffered a serious MCL sprain on December 23 and is expected to be out until late-March. Jaromir Jagr also suffered an MCL sprain on December 28, although not quite as serious as Edler's, and is expected to miss the entire month of January. Andy McDonald suffered a broken foot from blocking a shot on Boxing Day that is expected to keep him out of the line-up for the month as well. Defenseman Kevin Bieksa and forwards Jason Arnott and Saku Koivu also spent several weeks in the infirmary, although all three have recently returned to the line-up. Forward Matt Cullen was called up from the AHL in late December when the team ran out of healthy bodies.

"Injuries happen. That's sports. You hope for the best, but you prepare for the worst," commented Mackenzie. "This is the exact reason why I went out of my way to draft high-calibre players despite their respective ages. If we suffer injuries to key players, we have equally-skilled players who can step right in and fill their role without missing a beat. It's a great luxury to have."

Vancouver (25-15-1) squares off against Boston (15-16-6) on Saturday morning in a matchup of the two Stanley Cup finalists. Johan Hedberg will get the start for the Canucks while Cam Ward will represent the Bruins in net.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Brodeur, Crosby To Represent Canucks At 2012 NHL All-Star Game
January 26, 2012

The Vancouver Canucks will be well-represented at the NHL All-Star game once again this year with captain Sidney Crosby and goaltender Martin Brodeur representing the team in Ottawa this weekend. Crosby has been dynamite for the Canucks over the last 30 games, producing 20 goals and 24 assists which helped to propel the Canucks to a 24-5-1 record over that period. After a very poor start to the season, Crosby now has 22 goals and 28 assists over 49 games.

39-year-old Martin Brodeur has been stellar for the Canucks all season long and helped keep the Canucks somewhat afloat early on when goals were few and far between. Brodeur has posted a 19-13-1 record over 33 starts with a 2.20 GAA, 91.3 SV%, and a league-leading 7 shutouts. The Canucks, with Brodeur at helm and with great support from backup Johan Hedberg (12-4-0, 1.81 GAA, 93.1 SV%, 3 SO), have allowed the fewest goals in the league, allowing only 2.12 goals per game.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Vancouver, Winnipeg Swap Goaltenders, Picks
February 15, 2012

With the trade deadline a couple of weeks away, the Canucks and Jets struck a deal early with the Canucks sending goaltenders Jose Theodore and Dwayne Roloson to the Jets along with their 2012 first and third round picks in exchange for goaltender Devan Dubnyk and Winnipeg's 2013 first round pick.

"I actually wasn't looking to make a trade," claimed GM Mackenzie. "We're sitting near the top of the standings and I'm pretty happy overall with how the team is performing. Chevy phoned me this morning, though, and made me an offer that I liked, so we made the deal. We're probably going to have to make another move or two in the next couple of weeks because of our roster situation now, though."

The roster situation GM Mackenzie refers to is that the Canucks are currently carrying too many players on their roster because of injuries. The Canucks, even with long-term injury relief, have just $0.085M in free cap space after the trade. Once the injured players come back, one or more players may need to be sent through waivers where they will likely be acquired for nothing in return. If GM Mackenzie can trade some players for assets that don't apply to the salary cap, like draft picks and prospects, then he can mitigate his losses.

When asked about Dubnyk, GM Mackenzie had this to say. "[Dubnyk]'s a great young goaltender who has tremendous size and mobility. As everyone is probably aware, we don't have the youngest goaltenders in the league, so this gives us a good goaltender we can rely on should either Marty or Johan decide to hang them up."

Dubnyk struggled to carry the load when Winnipeg's starting goaltender Josh Harding succumbed to a season-ending concussion. In 14 starts so far this year, Dubnyk has posted a 4-7-3 record with a 2.65 GAA, 90.4 SV%, and 1 shutout. With Brodeur and Hedberg playing lights out, it seems unlikely that Dubnyk will do much more than watch the games from the press box and participate in practices for the remainder of the season.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS FACE 1st SEEDED NUCKS IN ROUND 1
220px-Stanleycup12%2Bplayoffs%2BPrimary.jpg

40W - 35L - 7OTL - 87PTS

After a long grueling season the Ducks managed to squeeze into 8th place for the 2012 playoffs. Despite being plagued by injuries for a large part of the season, Anaheim pulled through with solid goal tending for the second half of the season. Many thought they wouldn't make it, especially when Edmonton tied for the same amount of points had one game left.

Ryan Getzlaf lead the team in scoring and points with 72. He was around for the whole season, however losing Ryan on his wing clearly took him some while to getting used to. As most of his point production came during the 2nd half of the season, once things started clicking better with Huselius and Perry.

'Well I knew we had what it took to remain competitive this season. Mind you I didn't think it would be to such a close degree. I'm glad we have made the playoffs, and I hope we can pull it together and beat Vancouver to make it to the next round' - Tom Renney

[FIELDSET="FORWARD STATS"]
Getzlaf - 82GP - 32G - 40A - 72PTS
Perry - 82GP - 31G - 35A - 66PTS
Berglund - 82GP - 26G - 26A - 52PTS
Huselius - 82GP - 18G - 32A - 50PTS
Koivu - 78GP - 15G - 21A - 36PTS
Selanne - 50GP - 18G - 16A - 34PTS
Bickell - 83GP - 15G - 18A - 33PTS
Hunter - 83GP - 18G - 13A - 31PTS
Sexton - 80GP - 10G - 16A - 26PTS
Holmstrom - 79GP - 9G - 13A - 22PTS
Beleskey - 64GP - 11G - 8A - 19PTS
Cogliano - 79GP - 10G - 8A - 18PTS
Staubitz - 20GP - 0G - 2A - 2PTS
Bodie - 8GP - 0G - 1 A - 1PTS
McMillan - 9GP - 1G - 0A - 1PTS
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="DEFENSE STATS"]
Fowler - 73GP - 8G - 34A - 42PTS
Cumiskey - 81GP - 4G - 27A - 31PTS
Sbisa - 69GP - 7G - 21A - 28PTS
Beauchemin - 47GP - 1G - 19A - 20PTS
Lydman - 56GP - 2G - 12A - 14PTS
Allen - 81GP - 3G - 8A - 11PTS
Smaby - 21GP - 1G - 3A - 4PTS
Guenin - 15GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="GOALIE STATS"]
Hiller - 56GP - 27W - 21L - 2.61GAA - .911SV% - 4SO
Deslauriers - 25GP - 10W - 11L - 3.07GAA - .893SV% - 2SO
Tarkki - 7GP - 3W - 3L - 3.44GAA - .881SV% - 0SO
[/FIELDSET]

product_shot28590724.jpg

Brought to you by SkinIt®

NEWS UPDATE

DUCKS LINEUP

Huselius - Getzlaf - Perry
Bickell - Berglund - Hunter
Holmstrom - Koivu - McMillan
Staubitz - O'Marra - Beleskey

Fowler - Beauchemin
Sbisa - Cumiskey
Allen - Lydman

Hiller
Deslauriers

VS

CANUCKS LINEUP

Booth - H. Sedin - Bitz
Burrows - Kesler - Pahlsson
Raymond - Malhotra - Higgins
Jensen - Lapierre - Mancari

Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Hamhuis
Alberts - Bieksa

Luongo
Schneider​

[FIELDSET="Injuries"]
Selanne - MCL Sprain/Recovering
Cogliano - Broken Hand

D.Sedin - Seperated Shoulder
Hansen - Concussion
Garrison - Sore Hip/Playing
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
DUCKS ADVANCE TO CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS IN 7
940-selanne-ducks-8col.jpg

Game 1 Away: W 3-2
Game 2 Away: L 1OT 3-2
Game 3 Home: W 3-2
Game 4 Home: W 2OT 2-1
Game 5 Away: L 5-2
Game 6 Home: L 5-2
Game 7 Away: W 2-1

Game 7 on the road was a tight one, the score was 1-0 in favor of Vancouver until the third period when Huselius tied the game early in the third. Shortly after Selanne scored the game winning goal with less then 6 minutes remaining on the clock. Selanne scored his only goal of the series after returning from an MCL sprain 5 games in, but it was certainly a goal that counted big for his team.

CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS MATCHUP​

Ducks
(40W - 35L - 7OTL - 87PTS - 8th West)

Huselius - Getzlaf - Perry
Bickell - Koivu - Selanne
Holmstrom - Berglund - Hunter
Staubitz - Cogliano - Beleskey

Fowler - Beauchemin
Sbisa - Cumiskey
Allen - Lydman

Hiller
Deslauriers

Blues
(46W - 31L - 5OTL - 97PTS - 2nd West)

Perron - Oshie - Ryan
Stewart - McDonald - Backes
Langenbrunner - Steen - D'Agostini
Porter - Sobotka - Moore

Pietrangelo - Jackman
Polak - Shattenkirk
Russell - Woywitka

Halak
Elliot​

[FIELDSET="PLAYER COMPARISON"]
Bobby Ryan - 82GP - 34G - 39A - 73PTS
Playoffs - 5GP - 4G - 3A - 7PTS

Patrik Berglund - 82GP - 25G - 25A - 50PTS
Playoffs - 7GP - 1G - 1A - 2PTS
[/FIELDSET]

'At the beginning of the season we traded Bobby to the Blues for Berglund. I knew Ryan was the better player now between the two of them. But we needed some depth down the middle, and Berglund will be an excellent player in the near future. He just needs a little more grooming time.' - Tom Renney

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Deal Sullivan To Hurricanes At Trade Deadline
February 28, 2012

The Canucks made a minor move today sending 37-year-old depth forward Steve Sullivan to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a 2012 sixth round pick. Many believe the move was done to free up cap space and a roster spot after the Dubnyk trade a couple of weeks ago.

"We're disappointed things didn't work out well with Steve here," GM Mackenzie said in a press statement. "Unfortunately, his production didn't match his pay scale and, when we were forced to make a move, the thing that generally gets looked at first is whether or not you're earning your keep. I hope he can turn things around in Raleigh, where he'll have the opportunity to secure a larger role with that team."

In 42 games this year, Sullivan was not able to muster a goal and only managed 6 assists. Sullivan's agent argues that this was primarily due to bottom 6 minutes and a focus on defensive responsibility.

Other trades from around the NHL:
- Washington traded minor-league goaltender Jeff Zatkoff to Florida in exchange for center Tom Wandell and a 2012 third round pick
- Shortly after, Washington struck another deal, this time shipping center Tyler Kennedy, defenseman Chris Campoli, and a 2013 fourth round pick to Philadelphia for defensemen Jason Demers and Josh Gorges
- Tampa Bay traded winger Eric Tangradi and a 2012 second round pick to St. Louis for a 2012 first round pick
- Edmonton acquired winger Benoit Pouliot and a 2013 fifth round pick from Buffalo in exchange for defenseman Slava Voynov

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Blackhawks, Canucks Square Off In Playoffs For Fourth Consecutive Year
April 8, 2012

As far as modern-day rivalries go, the Blackhawks-Canucks rivalry is arguably one of the greatest in all of sports filled with amazing skill, crushing physical play, and a superlative amount of emotion. And that's just during the regular season. In the playoffs, these two teams take it to a whole new level and these two cities are both pumped.

Vancouver comes into the series missing a few cogs. Jaromir Jagr (Broken Rib) and Andy McDonald (Broken Hand) are both expected to miss the series while Daniel Alfredsson (Upper Body) will at least miss the first few games. Chicago does not have any players on injured reserve.

The opening line-ups for Monday's game:

Vancouver Canucks (44-35-3)
R. Whitney - S. Crosby - M. St Louis
V. Prospal - N. Backstrom - T. Selanne
R. Smyth - S. Koivu - J. Arnott
K. Timonen - M. Cullen - S. Gonchar

A. Edler - D. Boyle
R. Hamrlik - K. Bieksa
W. Mitchell - S. Robidas

M. Brodeur
J. Hedberg

Chicago Blackhawks (51-28-3)
T. Vanek - T. Seguin - E. Fehr
A. Semin - A. Steen - D. Moss
J. Jokinen - F. Nielsen - P. Kaleta
B. Yip - N. Spaling - B. Butler

B. Coburn - J. Wisniewski
D. Hamhuis - I. White
R. O'Byrne - J. Falk

P. Rinne
C. McElhinney

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Stewart In, Gauthier Out

3 Weeks ago GM pierre Gauthier was fired by the Montreal canadiens.

today Geoff molson announced that they hired GM Patrick stewart to lead the Habs to thier 25th stanley cup

"Its a real honor to Be the Gm of the team i watched while growing up" Said Stewart.

which direction will Stewart lead the canadiens in is the biggest question.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
For those of you interested in my 1000 career win goalie GM her's an update:

G Nate Bond 99 BUT 27y.o. 6' 195lbs
Career Games: 784
Career Wins: 560(over half way there!)
Career Shutouts: 103
Career Playoff Games: 180
Career Playoff Wins: 134
Career Playoff shutouts: 40

Also, I for those interested in my created C and D here are there stats.

C Gareth Morrison 99 PLY 27y.o. 6' 199lbs
Career Games: 758
Career Goals: 391
Career Points: 1,004
Career Playoff Games: 175
Career Playoff Goals: 67
Career Playoff Points: 185

D Anthony Moore 99 TWD 27y.o. 6'4" 209lbs

Career Games: 756
Career Goals: 145
Career Points: 445
Career Playoff Games: 173
Career Playoff Goals: 25
Career Playoff Points: 83
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was Also thinking of starting a new GM Mode where I have a 99 ovr player TRY to break Gretzky`s point totals, WITHOUT ME PLAYING. Would anyone be interested if I tried this? I know it`ll be close to impossible, but its worth a shot right?

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Loving the Ducks beagm :cheers:
If I get the updated rosters, watch for a new beagm to show up.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Take Game 1 In Dramatic Fashion
April 10, 2012

Meet Sergei Gonchar, game 1 hero. The veteran defenseman, who played as a fourth line forward for game 1, stuck a dagger in the hearts of the United Center faithful and bonus hockey fans alike last night when he snapped a wrister through a screen that beat Pekka Rinne low on his blocker side with 16 seconds left in the third period.

"I saw [Brayden] Coburn was kind of screening his own goalie there, so I shot one far side and it just happened to go in," said Gonchar.

The Blackhawks came out with a vengeance to start the game, outshooting the Canucks 15-8 in the first period and generating some great scoring opportunities that they weren't able to capitalize on. Patrick Kaleta had a wide open net, but ended up shooting it wide while Tyler Seguin had a goal called off late in the first period due to a goaltender interference penalty.

Stephane Robidas opened the scoring late in the second period with a shot from the point that deflected off defenseman Brayden Coburn past Rinne and the Canucks headed to the dressing room with a 1-goal lead. Frans Nielsen would answer for the Blackhawks early in the third with a beautiful one-timer, courtesy of an equally impressive saucer pass from David Moss, from the slot that beat Brodeur over the shoulder.

Chicago suffered the first casualty as Alex Steen left the game with what looked like a head injury after taking a hit from Jason Arnott in the first period. As is par for the course during the playoffs, the injury is described as simply 'upper-body'.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Western Conference Quarter Finals

138166455_std.jpg

After winning their third-straight division title, the new-look Calgary Flames must face their biggest demon from last year in round one. Last year, they faced off against the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference Finals, who beat them in six games.

"It was a tough series last year," Blake Comeau told the media. "These guys are a great team, and we have to take them seriously."

Despite splitting this season's starts with up-and-coming goaltender Jacob Markstrom, Miikka Kiprusoff will be starting game one for the Flames.

:flames
Lineup

M. Cammalleri (88) - A. Kopitar (89, A) - C. Perry (90, A)
A. Tanguay (85) - M. Stajan (83) - C. Stewart (86)
C. Glencross (82) - R. Horak (80) - B. Comeau (83)
L. Stempniak (82) - D. Mackenzie (80) - T. Jackman (81)

K. Shattenkirk (87) - M. Giordano (85, C)
S. Hannan (84) - D. Wideman (85)
A. Babchuk (82) - B. Allen (84)

M. Kiprusoff (90)
J. Markstrom (85)​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

2014 Western Conference Quarter Finals
Slaying the Dragon

:flames vs. :hawks

GYI0062539713_crop_450x500.jpg

Flames defenceman Anton Babchuk scored the overtime game-winning goal in game seven to defeat the Blackhawks.

Despite some controversy after game one, the Calgary Flames faced their demons and took down the defending Stanley Cup champions in seven games. Game one began with a scoreless period, but the Blackhawks got four goals by veteran goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff in the second period. For the first time in the last three years, Kiprusoff was pulled in the playoffs. Jacob Markstrom got every start since game one, and was fantastic in relief. The rookie netminder had a save percentage of .940% and a goals against average of 1.83 through six games. In his first playoff start, he recorded a 29 save shutout.

The series was a nail-bitter for fans of both teams. Three of the seven games went into overtime, and the Flames won each time. Corey Perry, Anze Kopitar, and Anton Babchuk all had overtime goals in the series.

Game 1: 5-2 Loss

Game 2: 1-0 Win

Game 3: 3-2 Loss

Game 4: 2-1 OT Win (Perry scores Winner)
Game 5: 3-2 OT Win (Kopitar scores winner)

Game 6: 4-1 Loss

Game 7: 2-1 OT Win (Babchuk scores winner)

Coming Up Next:

:flames vs. :sharks

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Canucks Lose Crosby To Injury
April 16, 2012

The body count continues to rise for the Vancouver Canucks as it has been reported that captain Sidney Crosby will not be making the trip to Chicago to play in Game 5 after suffering a lower-body injury late in the third period of Game 4. This adds to the already extensive list of Canucks injuries with Daniel Alfredsson, Andy McDonald, Jaromir Jagr, and Kimmo Timonen already on the shelf with a variety of afflictions.

The Vancouver Canucks called up defenseman Filip Kuba from the AHL earlier today to fill a roster spot left by Crosby. Kuba had 12 goals and 37 assists in 74 games with the Chicago Wolves this season.

The series, tied 2-2, will continue on Tuesday night at the United Center in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad