NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Thats why I use a notebook :)

I just type up my posts as things happen into my laptop. :laugh:

I haven't seen a Vancouver, Florida, Tampa, Or Devils in quite some time

Florida and Tampa are great choices, both should need some rebuilding.

Oddly enough, in my current GM mode, Florida won the Cup AND the president's trophy in year one without making any changes. :help: Yeeeaaah right.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
Havent posted here in quite awhile I had a Columbus Dynasty and am now in the 15/16 playoffs. I won the Stanley Cup in 14/15.

But I came here to post about a sim game I just had. It is Round 3 Game 1 vs. the Preds and Jack Campbell just posted a 68 save shutout in a 2OT 1-0 victory. Rick Nash scored the GWG (yes, I kept Nash) but damn that is amazing by Campbell! 68 save shutout!!!

EDIT: I just simmed the next game and won 1-0 in double OT again! 46 save shutout! Amazing!

Well since I told you guys that I feel compelled to tell you I lost Game 3 5-0 but bounced back with 5-2 and 5-1 wins to beat the Preds in 5. They had swept there two previous opponents.

Last edited:

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
Havent posted here in quite awhile I had a Columbus Dynasty and am now in the 15/16 playoffs. I won the Stanley Cup in 14/15.

But I came here to post about a sim game I just had. It is Round 3 Game 1 vs. the Preds and Jack Campbell just posted a 68 save shutout in a 2OT 1-0 victory. Rick Nash scored the GWG (yes, I kept Nash) but damn that is amazing by Campbell! 68 save shutout!!!

I had a playoff game go to quintiple OT (5 overtimes) once as the Sens against Washington.

Mark Fistric on my Sens got the winner, and the only goal of the game. My goalie, Matthias Klinge, had a 68 save shutout. Not bad, but Washington's goalie, idk who, stopped 86 of 87 shots :amazed:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
For all PS3 users out there, as some probably know, I'm doing updated rosters with tons of CAPs (created players) for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts as well as some already drafted players who have not yet played in the AHL/CHL/NHL/Pro Euro Leagues (mostly NCAA players). I released a roster earlier today with all the FA signings so far (however, remaining FAs are still on their 2011-12 team, and I haven't updated the salaries)... I still have about 30 CAPs to create, but there are probably already 100+ in the game. So if you're willing to give it a try and give feedbacks, it would help make these rosters even better.
Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?src222tfxymxotc
For more details : http://www.operationsports.com/foru...e-rosters-2-0-ps3-alpha-version-released.html (my username is AngelPingu)

I've been making those since Mattg123 - who some probably know for making the Ultimate Rosters for NHL10 and NHL11 on PS3- have been really busy and hopefully he'll be back next year so I can focus on making the most CAPs possible and the most accurate possible (some are done very quickly in these rosters :laugh:)

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
For all PS3 users out there, as some probably know, I'm doing updated rosters with tons of CAPs (created players) for the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts as well as some already drafted players who have not yet played in the AHL/CHL/NHL/Pro Euro Leagues (mostly NCAA players). I released a roster earlier today with all the FA signings so far (however, remaining FAs are still on their 2011-12 team, and I haven't updated the salaries)... I still have about 30 CAPs to create, but there are probably already 100+ in the game. So if you're willing to give it a try and give feedbacks, it would help make these rosters even better.
Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?src222tfxymxotc
For more details : http://www.operationsports.com/foru...e-rosters-2-0-ps3-alpha-version-released.html (my username is AngelPingu)

I've been making those since Mattg123 - who some probably know for making the Ultimate Rosters for NHL10 and NHL11 on PS3- have been really busy and hopefully he'll be back next year so I can focus on making the most CAPs possible and the most accurate possible (some are done very quickly in these rosters :laugh:)

Thanks. Will download soon.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg

DUCKS WELCOME BACK TRENT HUNTER
10142503-large.jpg

Earlier today Tom Renney claimed RW Trent Hunter off waivers from the LA kings. He's a 6'3, 210Ilb winger who can play physical along the boards and can also score some goals. He currently has 12 goals and 20 points in 53 games for LA. Renney Commented
'With the recent injury to Teemu Selanne, I felt the need to acquire another winger one way or another. Selanne is a big part of this team and losing him for over two months won't help our current situation. Thus Hunter will be his replacement for the time being, at which case we will surely just bump Hunter down to the 3rd or 4th line.'

Many might forget that Trent Hunter was actually drafted by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim back in 1998. He went in the 6th round 150th overall, and has never played a single game for the ducks. He was traded to the Islanders and played 8 seasons for them. His career high season happened to be his first full NHL season with a total of 25 goals and 51 points.

The Ducks currently sit 14th in the west with 51 points. They've played 52 games and have won merely less then half of their games thus far with only 23 wins under their belt. They also have managed 5 over time losses, which makes a jump back into the playoff race that much believable.

[FIELDSET="Team News"]
Trent Hunter Claimed Off Waivers
Trent Hunter Dressed and Assigned to the 2nd line with Berglund
Brad Staubitz Scratched
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Other League News"]

1/10/12 - DAL trade Tomas Vincour to NSH for 2013 4th round pick + 2013 5th round pick
2/3/12 - TB trade Brian Lee + Matt Taormina + 2013 4th round pick to STL for 2012 2nd round pick

2/7/12 - Anze Kopitar Injured 2-3 weeks
2/7/12 - Sergei Bobrovsky injured 4-5 weeks
2/7/12 - James Wisniewski injured 4-5 weeks[/FIELDSET]

product_shot28590724.jpg

Brought to you by SkinIt®
NEWS UPDATE​

Trent Hunter gets two goals first game with Ducks against the Canes. He scored the game winner in the third period giving his team a 3-2 lead. He was awarded the first star, recording two shots and a +2 rating, he was by far the best player of the game.

[FIELDSET="Injury Update"]

Selanne out with an MCL Sprain - Out Until Mid April
Beauchemin out with a Pulled Groin - Out Until Early March[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
I'm gonna start a GM mode with Toronto (no surprise there...), but I'll do it a little different this time. I'm not gonna be able to trade for a player, that has not been drafted by Toronto. So basically, I'll just go full draft mode, unless theres something that I really, really need, like a goalie. I bumped up the prospect developments for my prospect a little bit, so it wont be too hard. Also, I cannot trade for a player over 85 overall, so no Rask for me. :)

Starting line-up for 11-12:

Van Riemsdyk - Connolly - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - Lupul
MacArthur - Bozak - Lombardi
McClement - Steckel - Brown (love this line)

Franson - Phaneuf
Komisarek - Liles
Gunnarsson - Gardiner

Reimer
Scrivens

I traded Orr, Rosehill, Dupuis and Boyce for one 5th round pick and one 6th round pick.

Let's hope I'm gonna rock this one. :laugh:

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Oh well, just had the laughs of my life. Half of my team were injured throughout the season, and I finished 16th with 39-32-11, last place for playoffs.

Marlies did well, and were 4th in the AHL. I just simmed through the playoffs, still with atleast 20% of my team injured, and we won the cup... so did Marlies... so much for the "realistic" experience with drafting the team for the Cup... :help:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2014 OFF-SEASON
2014 DRAFT LOTTERY
Ottawa Senators win draft lottery via Colorado's pick

number-1.jpg

Ottawa Senators move up after winning draft lottery

After a Cinderella story for Ottawa, many thought things couldn't
get any better. They won the President's Trophy, Stanley Cup and
Calder Cup, how could a team be more fortunate then that? Well
by winning the NHL 2014 draft lottery, the good things keep rolling
for Senators fans.

After making a deal with Nashville at the trade deadline to acquire
Colorado's first round pick and Colorado having a not-so-great
second half, Ottawa originally sat with the 3rd overall pick.

When making the draw to see if anyone moves, Senators didn't
expect much. With Florida and Carolina picking where they should,
nothing different was expected when they were announcing the
third pick. That is until the expected #2 pick, Dallas Stars were
shown behind the #3 card.

At that moment, you could see GM Bryan Murray's eyes light up,
and a grin become plastered across his face. As Murray knew, that
meant he had won the lottery.

"After the season we just had, and now this? I can't believe it."

DRAFT LOTTERY RESULTS:

1. Ottawa Senator's [via Colorado]
2. Boston Bruins
3. Dallas Stars
4. Carolina Hurricanes
5. Florida Panthers

With an already stacked team, will Murray look to deal the pick at
the draft table, trade a player to make room, or keep both? Things
the next few week should become very interesting for Senators
fans.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Starting with Coyotes tonight! I think that I start in 2011-2012, but 2012-2013 lines :nod: E: And NHL12 is broken :( E: And I fix it :) E: And it doesn't work again :(

Last edited:

Mhoogasian94123

2014 DRAFT LOTTERY

number-1.jpg

for Senators fans.

DRAFT LOTTERY RESULTS:

2. Boston Bruins
3. Dallas Stars
4. Carolina Hurricanes
5. Florida Panthers

fans.
I had this happen to my team. I kept the pick. I got some interesting offers but nothing knocked my socks off. Who are some of the big name prospects in your draft? I would trade someone that you don't think you'll be able to sign and get some nice future picks. Just my opinion.... Good luck

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
2014 DRAFT LOTTERY

number-1.jpg

for Senators fans.

DRAFT LOTTERY RESULTS:

2. Boston Bruins
3. Dallas Stars
4. Carolina Hurricanes
5. Florida Panthers

fans.

Same with me, I won the cup and picked first by a lucky trade with the team and they finished dead last that same year.

Mhoogasian94123

Same with me, I won the cup and picked first by a lucky trade with the team and they finished dead last that same year.

I actually traded a guy that was slumping at the beginning of the season when my team was struggling. Well I got into the playoffs and won the cup while the slumping player got hurt and the team tanked. They waived him the next season. Guess who picked him up? :sarcasm:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I actually traded a guy that was slumping at the beginning of the season when my team was struggling. Well I got into the playoffs and won the cup while the slumping player got hurt and the team tanked. They waived him the next season. Guess who picked him up? :sarcasm:
Happens a few times. One time, at the beginning of a season, it even happened to me right after the trade. I think I had traded Moen and Gill for a 1st round pick (late - the team won the Stanley Cup), and immediately after the trade, they waived Moen. At least Gill helped them win the cup, but I decided to package Moen with a 2nd round pick for another 1st round pick. The team that got Moen ended up finishing 25th and at the draft I was lucky enough to win the lotery with that pick, drafting 2nd overall... while my Habs finished dead last. Basically Gill and Moen for Galchenyuk (who ended up around 90) and Michael Matheson (he really boomed, having A- everywhere after 2 seasons - drafted with B B- B- -, for like 3 seasons straight - ended up a 91) :laugh:

Sometimes you just have to get lucky.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
TRADE DEADLINE APPROACHING
GYI0062670598_crop_450x500.jpg

The trade deadline is approaching in a day and the Ducks currently sit 14th in the league, 7th in the west. They have made a substantial come back and we have Getzlaf and Hiller to thank for that.

Getzlaf who still leads the team in goal scoring with 24 and 53 points in 63 games has only improved as of late. Perry as well has been doing very well over the last few games, but both probably won't have the greatest season of their careers. Hiller has jumped from a losing average, to a winning one with 19 wins and 4 shut outs he has been rock solid as of late winning 7 of his last 10 games.

Could one of these three players be traded at the deadline? Or will one of the disappointing players this year be raffled off?

More to come...

[FIELDSET="Rumours"]
- Ducks looking to trade one of Getzlaf, Perry or Hiller
- Sabres shopping star Defender, Likely Regehr
- Penguins privately sending the word that they are open to trading a good winger and mid aged center
- Canadiens looking to trade Andrei Markov
- Predators shopping around better winger - likely Hornqvist or Erat

[/FIELDSET]

product_shot28590724.jpg
Brought to you by SkinIt®​

NEWS UPDATE
f0b7d7481f3f5d0fddbb6bff6017cfc8

Former Stanley Cup champ Bryan Bickell has been brought over to the Ducks for this years playoff run. He will add grit and force up front. Bickell loves to hit and score goals with 13 goals and 20 points in 63 games he also has 77 penalty minutes. He isn't afraid to drop the gloves and stand up for his team mates.

The Ducks shipped off left wing Daniel Winnik and JF Jacques to the Black Hawks. Jacques and Winnik who were both tied at 15 points, however Winnik had played 45 games Jacques had played 49. The production was just not coming from these guys despite being alternated from the 2nd through 4th lines.

Brandon McMillan was also called up this afternoon shortly after Jacques and Winnik were traded. McMillan who has been playing the whole season in the AHL has currently 21 goals and 50 points in 55 games. Very respectable for the 21 year old's first season in the minors. He's getting the try out for the rest of the season to see if he can produce at top level.

Sheldon Souray and Kyle Palmieri also found new homes this trade deadline. They will be joining the Avs for the rest of the season. Colorado is dead last in the league as of the deadline, and yet they still decided to take a gamble and trade their 2012 1st round pick for Souray and Palmierei. Palmieri who only had 7 points in 64 games is still considered a strong right wing prospect for any team and Souray did have 24 points in 44 which only 3 of which were goals.

'I don't see Sheldon as a loss for us at this time. We are trying to make a playoff push yes, but he was injured for a good part of the season missing over 20 games and I don't want to risk him re-injuring himself for the playoffs and disappointing people. Luca has shown great progress with his 25 points since he was called up. And of course Selanne should be back for the playoffs should we make them.' - Tom Renney

Projected Lineup Until Selanne Return​

Huselius - Getzlaf - Perry
Bickell - Berglund - Hunter
Holmstrom - Koivu - Sexton
McMillan - Cogliano - Beleskey

Beauchemin - Fowler
Cumiskey - Sbisa
Allen - Lydman

Hiller
Tarkki​

[FIELDSET="LIST OF TRADES"]
TOR - acquire Jiri Tlusty from CAR for Carl Gunnarsson + 2013 4th round pick + 2012 6th round pick
COL - acquire Sheldon Souray + Kyle Palmieri + 2014th 1st round pick from ANA for Jake Newton + Luke Walker + 2012 1st round pick
TB - acquire Carl Hagelin from NYR for BJ Crombeen + 2012 4th round pick
CHI - acquire Daniel Winnik + JF Jacques from ANA for Bryan Bickell

[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
NHL, NHLPA, and NHL Owners Agree To Re-Draft Teams Prior To 2011-2012 NHL Season

In an extremely bizarre series of meetings thought to discuss the upcoming CBA, the respective parties at the bargaining table came up with a rather unique suggestion; re-draft all the teams based on the 2010-2011 regular season standings whereby the President's Trophy-winning Vancouver Canucks would get to select first. Newly appointed Canucks GM, James Mackenzie, wasted little time selecting superstar Sidney Crosby with the first overall pick.

"Who else are you going to pick?" asked Mackenzie in a rhetorical fashion. "Despite his injury problems, there's little doubt in my mind that Crosby is the best NHL player of this generation."

GM Mackenzie was very aggressive at the draft accumulating many veterans and not much in the way of prospects. "It has been a long time without a Stanley Cup here and I want proven players who I believe can help bring Lord Stanley's Cup back to British Columbia," said Mackenzie. Fans around the province had mixed reviews about their new team. "Half the team is going to retire at the end of the year!" yelled one fan. GM Mackenzie doesn't believe so. "We have quality NHL players in their 20s that we can build the team around and many guys in their early-to-mid-30s. When you can build around guys like Crosby, Backstrom, and Edler and compliment them with star veterans like St. Louis and Dan Boyle, I think there's a very good chance we can win it all this year and I personally don't think a lot of those guys are going to retire at the end of this season," he said.

One key sticking point among critics, besides the age of the team which makes last season's Detroit Red Wings look like a bunch of teenie boppers, is the choice of Marc Savard, who has been suffering severe concussion issues for a couple of years now, with the 600th overall pick. "Marc [Savard] has been one of my favourite players to watch for a while now. It's a risky pick, I'll admit, but his skill level when healthy was well beyond anyone else available at the time. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he will play this upcoming season, but we're going to get him the best medical treatment we can and hope he can return for the [2012-] 2013 season," Mackenzie stated.

There will be many new faces in the blue and green this fall with only defensemen Alexander Edler and Kevin Bieksa returning from last season's team. "We were able to bring back two of our top defensemen and, although we lost some great players like the Sedins, we have probably a deeper, more talented team than we did last year," said Mackenzie with a confident grin. "We brought in a handful of future first-ballot hall of famers like Brodeur, Selanne, and Jagr who should all play key roles for us."

A complete breakdown of the Canucks' draft can be found below:

#1 - Sidney Crosby
#60 - Martin St. Louis
#61 - Nicklas Backstrom
#120 - Dan Boyle
#121 - Alexander Edler
#180 - Martin Brodeur
#181 - Teemu Selanne
#240 - Daniel Alfredsson
#241 - Andy McDonald
#300 - Kevin Bieksa
#301 - Kimmo Timonen
#360 - Johan Hedberg
#361 - Ray Whitney
#420 - Jaromir Jagr
#421 - Vinny Prospal
#480 - Stephane Robidas
#481 - Sergei Gonchar
#540 - Jose Theodore
#541 - Jason Arnott
#600 - Marc Savard
#601 - Ryan Smyth
#660 - Roman Hamrlik
#661 - Willie Mitchell
#720 - Dwayne Roloson
#721 - Saku Koivu
#780 - Steve Sullivan
#781 - Matt Cullen
#840 - Filip Kuba
#841 - Adrian Aucoin
#900 - Jonathan Huberdeau
#901 - Ryan Strome
#960 - Nino Niederreiter

GM Mackenzie also put in bids to pick up the contracts of undrafted former Top 10 picks Jonas Brodin, Scott Glennie, Dougie Hamilton, Dylan McIlrath, and Mark Scheifele. If successful, this could quell the nay-sayers, at least to some degree, who say the team lacks prospects.

- Canadian Press

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
New Canucks Starting Line-Up Set Heading Into Tonight's Matchup With The Penguins

The Canucks public relations department was kind enough to send us their starting line-up for tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, new captain Sidney Crosby's former team.

N. Backstrom - S. Crosby - M. St Louis
T. Selanne - A. McDonald - D. Alfredsson
J. Jagr - V. Prospal - R. Whitney
R. Smyth - S. Koivu - J. Arnott

A. Edler - D. Boyle
K. Timonen - K. Bieksa
S. Gonchar - S. Robidas

M. Brodeur

After a perfect 4-0-0 pre-season, the new look Canucks hope to carry that success going into the regular season, where expectations are higher than ever.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Hey guys I'll be posting about Avs soon but I need to ask where I could get a good prime aged goalie in that from what team because Elliott surprisingly enough isn't cutting it.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry I haven't updated in a while (if anyone cares), but I'll have the 2013 Western Conference Finals posted later this afternoon. Haven't really wanted to play GM mode the last few days, but now I'm itching for some.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2014 Off-Season
Draft Day Deals
Senators make big deal on 2014 draft day

erik_johnson_image02.jpg

Erik Johnson was traded to Ottawa just moments prior to the draft

Rumors going into the draft were running wild, knowing it was
almost guaranteed the Ottawa was going to make a big move.
While many thought that they might move the pick, they were
shocked when a deal was made, trading there second line center
who they just signed to a multi-year deal last off season.

TRADES:

:sens Ottawa:
- D Erik Johnson
- D Matt Dumba

:avs Colorado:

- C Kyle Turris
- D Patrick Wiercioch

-----

- 2014 2nd Round Pick [traded to Boston]

:nashville Nashville:
- 2015 3rd Round Pick
- 2014 4th Round Pick (120th; Troy Bourke, LW)

-----

- 2014 2nd Round Pick (31st; Joshua Ho-Sang, RW)

:bruins Boston:
- 2014 2nd Round Pick [via Nashville] (56th; Madison Bowey, D)
- 2014 2nd Round Pick (60th; Tanner Eberle, LW)

-----

"We're sad to have to let go of two players who have been great
for us, but that's hockey. They were both a part of our cup run,
but we felt as though this deal will help us for not just now, but
also the future. Turris is a great center, but just couldn't find his
game in the playoffs, and felt as though might get passed in the
depth charts."

"We also feel like bringing in Johnson is an awesome addition to
our team. Erik can more then fill the void Phillips is going to
leaving, and can be used in more rolls. As a mid-aged player, Erik
fits nicely with both the younger guys and the vets, and will be a
huge player for us for years to come."

- Bryan Murray

Last edited:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
I had this happen to my team. I kept the pick. I got some interesting offers but nothing knocked my socks off. Who are some of the big name prospects in your draft? I would trade someone that you don't think you'll be able to sign and get some nice future picks. Just my opinion.... Good luck
Ekblad, McDavid and Virtanen were some of the top guys.
I chose to keep the pick and move a player like you said.
Pretty happy with who I got :D (will post later)

I was pretty happy, probably the best GM year I've ever had. Who'd you end up drafting?

I've got a few who have waived right after the deal. Some smart GM picked him back up :naughty::sarcasm:

Happens a few times. One time, at the beginning of a season, it even happened to me right after the trade. I think I had traded Moen and Gill for a 1st round pick (late - the team won the Stanley Cup), and immediately after the trade, they waived Moen. At least Gill helped them win the cup, but I decided to package Moen with a 2nd round pick for another 1st round pick. The team that got Moen ended up finishing 25th and at the draft I was lucky enough to win the lotery with that pick, drafting 2nd overall... while my Habs finished dead last. Basically Gill and Moen for Galchenyuk (who ended up around 90) and Michael Matheson (he really boomed, having A- everywhere after 2 seasons - drafted with B B- B- -, for like 3 seasons straight - ended up a 91) :laugh:

Sometimes you just have to get lucky.

Hahaha, that's awesome dude. Player who I just drafted is amazing (thanks to your roster update). I can't believe he wasn't listed as franchise. You'll see who it is a in bit :handclap:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Got a bit lazy with this update...

Calgary Flames
2013 Playoffs - Western Conference Finals

:flames vs. :hawks

Four straight losses to the Chicago Blackhawks means Calgary's cup run is over.

5735821.bin

The Flames had a hard time scoring on Corey Crawford.

Game 1: 3-2 Win
Game 2: 4-1 Win

Game 3: 2-1 Loss
Game 4: 2-1 Loss
Game 5: 1-0 Loss
Game 6: 2-1 OT Loss

Offseason Notes
The Chicago Blackhawks went on to defeat the Carolina Hurricanes in six games to bring home the Stanley Cup.
Flames defender Cory Sarich has hung up his skates and is calling it a career.
Miikka Kiprusoff won both the Vezina Trophy and the William M. Jennings Trophy for the second straight year.

Draft report + offseason signings and trades are coming up next.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I got bored with my team, which doesn't take long in this game, and started a new one with Pittsburgh.

I cheated, somewhat, and put the starting date at the entry-draft, that way I could trade my 2011 picks and pick up some 2012 picks.

To Phx - 2011 1st, 2011 2nd, 2016 3rd
To Pit - 2012 1st

To Anh - 2013 3rd, 2014 3rd, 2015 2nd
To Pit - 2012 1st

To Cal - 2012 4th, 2012 4th (CLB), 2015 2nd, 2015 4th
To Pit - 2012 1st

Before the season began, I placed Jordan Staal on the Trade Block. I also put Crosby and Malkin up, just to see what people would offer for them. A few weeks went by and the offers for Staal weren't impressing me at all.

(DAL) - Trevor Daley, 2012 4th for Jordan Staal
(MIN) - Tom Gilbert, 2012 4th for Jordan Staal
(MIN) - Pierre Marc Bouchard, Devin Setoguchi for Jordan Staal, Casey Pierro-Zabotel, 2012 1st
(MIN) - PM Bouchard, Cal Clutterbuck for Jordan Staal and Matt Niskanen
(CAR) - Eric Staal and Anthony Stewart for Jordan Staal and Dustin Jeffrey

I contemplated the 2nd Minnesota trade for a bit, but declined due to the 2012 1st. A few weeks went by, and suddenly a trade offer popped up from San Jose. I didn't think twice about it.

To SJ - Jordan Staal, 2015 3rd
To Pit - Logan Couture

I then made a 2nd trade with Phoenix, sending Steve Sullivan and Ryan Craig in exchange for Kurt Sauer and Nathan Oystrick. We also picked up Manny Malholtra off waivers.

Right now, Chicago is offering me Patrick Sharp and Bryan Bickell for James Neal and Beau Bennett. Sharp is enticing, but I think i'll reject it.

Sorry for the length...

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Wolski's Back in Colorado after trade with Rangers
images

Wolski didn't have his best season in 2010-2011 only putting up 12 goals and 44 points

Yes, you heard it right folks, 25-year-old Wojtek Wolski is returning to Colorado as GM Dan Murray makes another trade this offseason. Wolski first put on the Avalanche sweater in 2004 when he was picked by them 21st overall at the draft but later left the team in 2010 when he was traded to Phoenix for Peter Mueller. Now after being traded for the third time, Wolski hopes that he can make Colorado his home after having to pick up and move once again, "I am really happy about playing in Colorado this year, I've played with a bunch of the guys before and I get how they play. I just hope I can make Colorado my home." Murray is confident that he made the right choice when he traded for him, "Wojtek is a great left winger with a great shot and when necessary can get back and play in his own zone. We've been looking to build up our winger core ever since the beginning of last season and we think Wojtek will solve those problems."

The only possible downside to this trade is they got Wolski at the price of Kyle Cumiskey. The 24-year-old defenseman was projected to have a breakout year this season as he showed towards the end of the year when he got 7 points in the last 10 games and he has been training since the draft. The Avalanche's 7th-round pick in 2005 told us this about the move, "I'm kind of happy about the change of scenery, and being able to go to the recent Stanley Cup Champions makes it all the better. I think I wouldn't have got a spot on the roster if I stayed in Colorado so I am glad that Dan moved me." The details of the trade are listed below:

:avs Receive:

LW Wojtek Wolski

:rangers Receive:

D Kyle Cumiskey
2014 3rd Round Pick

There are rumors going around that Murray is looking to trade for a goalie and two names that were heard in talks were "Niemi" and "Anderson". Could the former Colorado starter Anderson be returning?​

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry for the length, please read.

Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Filling Holes & Finding Stars: Flames Offseason Report

610x.jpg

Meet Jacob Markstrom, Calgary's new goaltender of the future.

Rebuilding while staying competitive is a challenging task - but it's something that the Calgary Flames feel they need to do this upcoming season.

"Over the past couple seasons, it's obvious that I have been trying to make our squad both younger and more talented. Acquiring players like Kopitar, Stewart, and Shattenkirk. While we came close to the ultimate prize last season, it's become apparent to me that we are going to have to make changes if we want more success in the future. Yes, we got some fantastic young players. But our core is getting old. We have some great prospects who are close to being NHL ready."
- Flames general manager Deku Scrub

One player Deku Scrub was talking about when he said "our core is getting old" was Miikka Kiprusoff. At 36 years of age, the Flames netminder has won back-to-back Vezina trophies. While he is not expected to be moved, the Flames did make a move to bring in a replacement for the future:

Calgary receives: Goaltender Jacob Markstrom (84 overall, B,B-,B)

Florida receives: Goaltender Leeland Irving (83 overall, C,C,B-), 2014 1st Round Pick

For a long time now, analysts have called the Flames "weak at the center position". The club has made an effort to address this problem by using their first round draft pick this year (21st overall) to select centerman Raphael Lafontaine. "Raphael has fantastic offensive upside. We are extremely excited to have him join our organization," Deku Scrub told the media.

In free agency, the Flames addressed holes on defense by signing prospect Jonas Brodin to a three year contract and veteran Bryan Allen to a two year deal. They also picked up veteran goaltender Ray Emery to start for the Abbotsford Heat.

:flames
2013-2014 Lineup

M. Camalleri (87) - A. Kopitar (89) - J. Iginla (90)
A. Tanguay (85) - M. Stajan (83) - C. Stewart (86)
C. Glencross (82) - R. Horak (80) - B. Comeau (83)
L. Stempniak (82) - D. Mackenzie (80) - T. Jackman (81)

K. Shattenkirk (85) - M. Giordano (85)
S. Hannan (84) - D. Wideman (84)
A. Babchuk (82) - B. Allen (84)

M. Kiprusoff (90)
J. Markstrom (85)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad