NHL 12 Dynasty Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
:sens2013-2014 SEASON (57-14-6)
2014 NHL Playoff's
Eastern Conference Finals

6th seeded Capitals meet 1st seeded Senators in EFC's

Jason+Spezza+Ottawa+Senators+v+Washington+q5HcXXybyc-l.jpg

Jason Spezza and Brooks Laich meet at center ice for a faceoff

After dominate victories over the New York Rangers and Winnipeg
Jets in round one and two, Washington is hopping to keep the
upsets going. Coming into the post-season as a number 6 seed,
many didn't expect much from them, but boy have those doubters
been proven wrong. The Capitals are 8-3, and riding the hot stick
of Alex Semin, who has 6 goals, and 10 points in that span.
Unfortunately for them, the just ran into a powerhouse; the Ottawa
Senators.

While Washington primarily relies on a stacked top six, Ottawa is a
much more deep and talented squad. Despite the fact that the
Ottawa roster is so young, they haven't played like it. With a 8-3
post season record, Ottawa has been clicking on all lines lead by
the way of there new captain, Jason Spezza. Spezza has 16 points
in just 11 games, which is good for second in the entire NHL. The
Ottawa Senators hope to make as quick of work of Washington, as
they did with Buffalo and Philadelphia.

Lines are as followed:

Washington Capitals (6th)
Semin(88)-Backstrom(90)-Ovechkin(C, 93)
Johansson(85)-Ribeiro(87)-Ward(82)
Mashinter(77)-Laich(A, 84)-Kuznetsov(82)
Paulovic(74)-Lindgren(77)-Lisin(79)

Carlson(A, 86)-Alzner(86)
Wideman(85)-Green(87)
Orlov(83)-Schultz(84)

Neuvirth(88)
Holtby(85)

OTTAWA SENATORS (1st)
Silfverberg(84)-Spezza(C, 90)-Gaborik(91)
Michalek(87)-Turris(85)-Granlund(84)
Landeskog(A, 87)-Vermette(84)-Zibanejad(83)
Filatov(81)-Da Costa(80)-Vitale(79)

Kronwall(87)-Karlsson(90)
Jones(83)-Cowen(85)
Phillips(A, 85)-Wiercioch(80)

Lehner(85)
Bishop(83)

Last edited:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Howson fired enter GM Stewart

Blue jackets management finally decided that with the whole rick nash wanting to be traded it was time for howson to leave. now the Blue jackets have hired GM Patrick Stewart to lead this team to glory

When asked about the Nash situation he responded "he will be traded and we will be rebuilding this franchise "

Nash Update!!

@DarrenDreger
Rumor is that nash and another player is headed to dallas for jamie benn and a goalie prospect

a few hours later GM patrick stewart announced that rick nash and steve mason are headed to dallas for jamie benn and jack campbell.

TO :cbj

Jamie Benn

Jack Campbell

TO :stars

rick nash

steve mason

458297-jamie-benn-recolte-sept-points.jpg

Jamie played in 71 games last year and had 26 goals and 37 assists for a total of 63 points.
-------------------------------
New Captain announced!

just an hour after rick nash was traded The Columbus Blue Jackets Annonced that there new Captain Would be Jack Johnson.

Jack%252BJohnson.jpg

Johnson was acquired from the La kings for jeff carter

Last edited:

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nashville
September 20th, 2011

Granlund Gone Wild

Minnesota's top prospect won't sign; wants to be dealt

granlundgoal.jpg

Mikael Granlund, the extremely skilled center scouts rave about, has refused to sign with the Wild and wants a trade.

Mikael Granlund. You've heard the name before, right? He's the super-skilled center the Minnesota Wild drafted 9th overall in 2010. The one who would take over Mikko Koivu's spot as the Wild's top line Finnish center. Well, he'll be a good center, just not with the Wild. In a surprising development, Granlund has stated he refuses to sign an entry level contract (ELC) with the Wild. On top of that, he wants to be traded. Granlund immediately becomes the hottest name on the market, as anybody would want a skilled center with the potential Mikael has.

As soon as the news broke, Darren Dreger tweeted that he believes the frontrunners to acquire Granlund are the Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, and the Nashville Predators. When asked whether or not he is interested in getting Granlund, Predators GM David Poile had this to say. "Obviously, we are interested" Poile said. "It's not everyday a team's top prospect becomes available for the picking. If we were to get Mikael, he would certainly have a second line center spot with his name on it". Reports say that the Oilers and Panthers would not give him NHL time, something the Predators are offering. It is expected the Wild will be asking for a top prospect in return, as well as maybe an additional prospect or draft pick.

If anything happens regarding the Mikael Granlund sweepstakes, we will be sure to update you.

:nashville :nashville :nashville

TheScourge

Go Moose Go!
Jan 27, 2012
Dartmouth,NS
Offseason 2012

this year the Columbus blue jackets finished 24-44-14 for last in the NHL.

at the draft GM patrick stewart made a trade with the edmonton oilers:

To Oilers:

17' 1st
16' 1st

To :cbj

12' 1st (2nd ovr)

with the first two picks here is who the Blue jackets picked:

1st round: N.Yakupov (1st Ovr)
1st round: A.Galchenyuk (2nd Ovr)
2nd round: M.Subban (31st Ovr)
4th round: M.catenacci (111th Ovr)
6th round: C.Critchlow (151st Ovr)
7th round: A.Pelech (181 Ovr)

6b75b1954475927dbdf91f097698.jpeg

1st overall pick nail yakupov

alex_galchenyuk_sar.jpg

2nd overall pick alex galchenyuk
------------------------------
Free agency

This year the biggest name on the market was Nicklas lidstrom.

@DarrenDreger

Lidstrom has narrowed the teams he could sign with down to 3. reportedly those teams are : CBJ, PIT and OTT.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

I am hearing from his agent that lidstrom has signed a 1 year deal with the Columbus Blue Jackets worth $4.5M. i am also hearing that jagr has signed with the Blue Jackets for 1 year at $4M

1460644c46d5a9cd6d8a5d7946b0.jpg

At 42 years old,4 time stanley cup champion nicklas lidstrom becomes a Blue Jacket.

jagr1.jpg

2 time stanley cup champ, jaromir jagr is now a Blue Jacket
----------------------------------------------------
other signings
--------------
martin biron
pavel kubina
travis moen
dominic moore
jamie langenbrunner
david moss

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

:flames
Flames Stay the Course Through First Half of Season

kipper.jpg

Miikka Kiprusoff makes an outstanding blocker save.

Today is December 31, 2012, and the Calgary Flames currently lead the Northwest Division with 49 points. Miikka Kiprusoff is again the one to thank, he leads the league in save % with .941% and GAA with 1.65. Miikka is coming off a Vezina Trophy winning season.

The team's newest additions for this season have all been great so far. Derek Mackenzie, Chris Stewart, and Kevin Shattenkirk are all plus players and have been excelling in their designated roles.

Stats through 39 games played
(Goals/Assists/Points)

Forwards

Jarome Iginla - 15/20/35
Matt Stajan - 10/17/27
Mike Cammalleri - 7/18/25
Chris Stewart - 11/13/24
Alex Tanguay - 8/9/17
Mikael Backlund - 7/9/16
Curtis Glencross - 4/4/8
Derek Mackenzie - 1/6/7
David Moss - 4/2/6
Tim Jackman - 2/4/6
Lee Stempniak - 3/3/6
Blake Comeau - 3/1/4

Defensemen

Mark Giordano - 6/16/22
Dennis Wideman - 3/18/21
Kevin Shattenkirk - 5/15/20
Anton Babchuk - 2/6/8
Scott Hannan - 3/4/7
Cory Sarich - 0/2/2

Goaltenders

Miikka Kiprusoff - .941%/1.65 GAA
Henrik Karlsson - .750%/3.86 GAA

Every player on the roster has a positive plus/minus rating.​

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
2014 NHL Playoff's - Round Three Recap
Senators finish off sixth seeded Capitals in 4 to move onto the Stanley Cup Finals

milan.jpg

Ottawa Senators forward Milan Michalek races down the ice

GAME RECAP:
(GAME 1) Washington @ Ottawa: 2-0 Ottawa
(GAME 2) Washington @ Ottawa: 3-2 Ottawa (OT)
(GAME 3) Ottawa @ Washington: 2-1 Ottawa (OT)
(GAME 4) Ottawa @ Washington: 3-2 Ottawa

Senators deep line up proved to be the difference versus
Washington in the eastern conference finals. Ottawa was able to
contain the Capitals top line, and had everyone help contribute
as they swept Washington is just four games.

Despite only playing four games, everyone on the Senators had at
least one point, except for Erik Karlsson.

"It's nice to see everyone chipping in. It's been a real team effort
this post-season, and that's why we've been doing as well as we
have." - Paul MacLean

POINTS (15 GP):

• Spezza (5G, 14A - 19 PTS)
  • Gaborik (7G, 9A - 16 PTS)
  • Silfverberg (5G, 4A - 9 PTS)
  • Kronwall (1G, 7A - 8 PTS)
  • Granlund (3G, 4A - 7 PTS)
  • Michalek (5G, 2A - 7 PTS)
  • Karlsson (1G, 5A - 6 PTS)
  • Cowen (0G, 6A - 6 PTS)
  • Turris (0G, 4A - 4 PTS)
  • Landeskog (2G, 2A - 4 PTS)
  • Jones (2G, 2A - 4 PTS)
  • Filatov (2G, 2A - 4 PTS)
  • Vermette (2G, 2A - 4 PTS)
  • Vitale (0G, 4A - 4 PTS)
  • Wiercioch (0G, 3A - 3 PTS)
  • Da Costa (3G, 0A - 3 PTS)
  • Phillips (2G, 0A - 2 PTS)
  • Zibanejad (0G, 2A - 2 PTS)

GOALIES:

• Lehner (15 GP: 10-3, 1.76 GAA, 0.932 SV%, 2 SO)
  • Bishop (1 GP: 0-0, 0.00 GAA, 1.00 SV%, 0 SO)

By finishing off Washington so quickly, Ottawa has to wait to see
they match up against between Minnesota and Vancouver. Will it
been an all-Canadian match-up, or will Dany Heatley make another
infamous return to Ottawa with the Stanley Cup on the line?

-----------------------------------------------------
Binghamton%20Senators_17.jpg

AHL Notes:
- Binhamton swept Adirondack in 4 to move onto to battle for the
Calder Cup.
- Points leaders for Binghamton are (16 GP):
  • Stone (5G, 12A - 17 PTS)
  • Pageau (4G, 11A - 15 PTS)
  • Puempel (8G, 5A - 13 PTS)
  • Lindholm (4G, 8A - 12 PTS)
  • Moller (3G, 9A - 12 PTS)
  • Noesen (7G, 3A - 10 PTS)
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
BREAKING NEWS: Flames Acquire Anze Kopitar

Anze+Kopitar+Phoenix+Coyotes+v+Los+Angeles.jpg

Kopitar is young and talented, and has a lot of experience from last year's Stanley Cup run with LA.

"Finally." said Flames general manager Deku Scrub. "We finally have an elite playmaking centerman in Calgary. Anze is incredibly talented, and I think this trade improves our team both now and in the long run."

"I am very excited to play in Calgary," Kopitar told the media. "I know what it is like to win, and I will do my best to help my new team."

Here are the full details of the trade:

Calgary Receives: Anze Kopitar (89 OVR PLY, B-)

LA Receives: Mikael Backlund (82 OVR PLY, B-), Slater Koekkoek (71 OVR OFD), 2013 1st Round Pick, 2014 2nd Round Pick

The Flames will still have a first round pick for this year's draft, as they traded for Pittsburgh's in the offseason.

Anze Kopitar will skate on a line with Mike Cammalleri and Jarome Iginla. He earned the primary assist on a Cammalleri goal in his Flames debut.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Hey, if anyone is looking to get updated rosters (12-13 season etc.) for Xbox 360, i have made updated rosters that you can download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?s6fn8bvxy8wr2v4

And i have a full list of what it includes, here:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...563764-2012-2013-rosters-more-xbox-360-a.html

EDIT:
Also, if you need help installing the rosters, try this guide:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-roster-files-usb-flash-drive-x360-users.html

I got pretty excited for this, but none of this is compatible with mac... Any other options to make my life easier? I've already manually started updating my rosters.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
Alright, I've updated all I care to do. Which is all the biggest moves and signings this. So what team should I attempt here?

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nashville
September 21st, 2011

BREAKING: Granlund A Predator?

Dreger tweets it could happen tonight

Screenshot2012-07-27at20837PM.png

This jersey could be the next big seller in Nashville.

We have just received news via a tweet from Darren Dreger of TSN that Mikael Granlund, the young whiz kid who refuses to sign with the team that drafted him (Minnesota Wild), is most likely going to be traded to the Nashville Predators. Granlund has reportedly garnered interest from Nashville, the Edmonton Oilers and the Florida Panthers. It is not known what the return for the young Finn is, but it could be steep. Here is the tweet:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
I have just received word that Mikael Granlund is most likely going to Nashville, with trade expected tonight.

CONFIRMED: Granlund A Nashville Predator!

Trade confirmed by multiple TSN analysts

Well, it's confirmed! Mikael Granlund is going to be a Nashville Predator. Tweets from Darren Dreger, who first reported a potential Granlund deal, Bob McKenzie, and Pierre LeBrun all came within seconds of eachother as we were typing this article. Here are the 3 tweets that broke the news:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Mikael Granlund has been dealt to the Nashville Predators. Details to follow.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Confirmed. Mikael Granlund dealt to the Predators.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Mikael Granlund has been traded to the Nashville Predators.

Now we know Mikael Granlund is a Predator, but what did Nashville give up? We'll update you when the return is announced.

:nashville :nashville :nashville

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg

DUCKS SIGN TOM RENNEY TO GM ROLE
TR.jpg

The Ducks are turning a new page by sending former General Manager Bob Murray packing. After steering the Ducks to the playoffs only twice in his reign as general manager, last season saw the worst record for Anaheim in years. Murray commented 'Well I like thinking I had a good run, all in all this team has plenty of talent and should be playoff ready as is.'[/I]

Taking his place will be former Oilers head coack Tom Renney. Some may question this outcome seeing as the Oilers have tanked their last 3 seasons. They do have solid scouting, and Ducks owner Henry Samueli has mentioned that he hopes Renney will have picked up a few things while he was in Edmonton.

'I'm very excited to be a part of this wonderful organization. They hoisted the cup only a few years ago, and I would love help bring it back. My first order of business will be to add some depth even if that means losing some key pieces.'

A comment that had many fans a little weary about his arrival in Anaheim. However the majority of the population is very thrilled to see a new General Manager behind the bench.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
TOM RENNEY MAKES HUGE FIRST IMPRESSION​
4c88ca8ba004c.preview-300.jpg

He certainly was not kidding around when he said 'move some key pieces'. Some might argue that it might not be for the better. However Renney commented on his recent moves as 'building for the future while still remaining competitive.'

On September 3rd 2012 the ducks shipped off star winger Bobby Ryan to St. Louis for center Patrick Berglund, Ty Rattie and a 1st round pick in 2013.

Shortly after the signing of Kristian Huselius to a 1 year deal worth 3.5M sent plenty of Ducks fans in an up roar. Huselius who has been plagued by injury over the last two seasons should be a good addition to the roster, but he won't be the power forward that Ryan was.

'I'm very excited to play in Anaheim' Commented Huselius. 'I've been training very hard to recover from my injury, and every day I go out there and work hard I feel better and better.'

With these recent moves, the Ducks look to open their season on the road versus the Buffalo Sabres on October 7th.

SEASON OPENER LINEUP​

Huselius - Getzlaf - Perry
Winnik - Berglund - Sexton
Belesky - Koivu - Selanne
Jacques - Cogliano - Palmieri

Souray - Beauchemin
Fowler - Allen
Guenin - Sbisa

Hiller
Deslaurier​

[FIELDSET="Other News"]Renney has approached veteran forward Tomas Holmstrom.
Toni Lydman injured in preseason game, Guenin called up.[/FIELDSET]

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Calgary+Herald+logo2.gif

Flames Win Division for Second Straight Year

jaromeiginla.jpg

Even though they would prefer to forget it, Calgary Flames fans all remember that dreadful night - June 7, 2004. The night when their team was denied of the Stanley Cup. Last season Flames fans had their hopes destroyed yet again in the second round by the Los Angeles Kings.

This year, the team finished 2nd in the Western Conference. It is going to be an interesting first round - they have to play the St Louis Blues. For those who may not know, in the offseason, these two teams pulled off a blockbuster trade that sent Jiri Hudler and Jay Bouwmeester to St Louis in exchange for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk. The trade worked in Calgary's favor, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

"I'm very confident that this could be our year." team captain Jarome Iginla told the media. "We have great chemistry in the locker room. It's been a great season so far, and I don't expect it to end soon. We're a much better team than last year, and even then we were successful."

:flames

M. Cammaleri (87) - A. Kopitar (89) - J. Iginla (90)
A. Tanguay (85) - M. Stajan (83) - C. Stewart (85)
C. Glencross (82) - D. Mackenzie (80) - L. Stempniak (82)
T. Jackman (81) - B. Comeau (83) - D. Moss (81)

M. Giordano (85) - D. Wideman (84)
C. Sarich (83) - K. Shattenkirk (84)
A. Babchuk (82) - S. Hannan (83)

M. Kiprusoff (90)
H. Karlsson (81)

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
RANGERS SPOIL HOME OPENER​

The revamped Rangers came into the Honda Center Saturday night with a ready team and no injuries. Unlike the Ducks who lost Lydman in preseason to a fractured collarbone, but also lost d-man Sheldon Souray after he slid into the boards and broke his foot in the seasons opener against Buffalo.

The game started off great for the ducks who scored the first goal late in the first period, thanks to Corey Perry and Huselius. The scoring didn't quite stop there for Anaheim however. The 2nd period Fowler and Allen lit up the board on the PP respectively and gave their team a three nothing lead on the Rangers.

The third period, tides turned in favor of the rangers who lit up the board three times in 8 minutes. The scoring frenzy began with Callahan followed up by Nash and Pyatt. Two of which are new additions to the Rangers lineup since last year.

Finally after a grueling remaining third period, and a seemingly long overtime with only two shots taken by the Ducks and none by the Rangers. The game went to shootout. Getzlaf, Perry, and Selanne were all denied by Biron. It took Derek Stepan to seal the deal. With a final score of four to three in favor of the Rangers.

THREE STARS

*** - Ryan Callahan - 1g/1a/1hit/2s/-1
** - Corey Perry - 1g/5hits/2s/+1
* - Bryan Allen - 1g/5hits/1s/+1

[FIELDSET="Roster Moves"]Call up Kyle Cumisky
Bump Cam Fowler to first pairing[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Injury News"]Sheldon Souray - Broken Foot out Nov 3rd
Toni Lydman - Fractured Collarbone out Nov 23rd[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="News Around League"]

Erik Cole - injured for 3 weeks
Columbus - signs Andrei Kostitsyn 1 year 3M
Edmonton - signs Brendan Morrison 1 year 1.075M
Florida - resign Marco Sturm 2 years 1.065M per[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Other News"]

Renney still in talks with Holmstrom[/FIELDSET]

'I have approached Holmstroms agent, and we have been in talks for the last couple days. Nothing is concrete yet, but I certainly feel that Tomas would be a great addition to our team. He would fit with our robust style and would be enormous help on the PP. We haven't won a game yet, and we've had plenty of PP opportunities.' Is what general manager Renney had to say on Holmstrom Sunday afternoon after practice.

Plenty of Ducks fans would love to see Holmstrom join their team, as long as the price is not to high. He is getting old, and has certainly seen better scoring days. But his strength and ability to play in front of the net would be great help for the Ducks roster. More news to follow.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
AFTER LONG NEGOTIATIONS, HOLMSTROM FINALLY A DUCKS
Holmstrom.jpg

The four time Stanley cup winner Tomas Holmstrom finally agreed to a deal with the Anaheim Ducks. It took over a week and a half to land something both teams agreed on. Sources say Holmstrom wanted a 2 year contract and more money. But in the end he settled for less after some tough negotiating.

Holmstrom was reached for a quick word 'I'm just glad I get to play another season with another great team. I hope I can contribute enough for the team to help us reach the playoffs.'

[FIELDSET="Other League News"]
10/11/11 - Buf - sign Alex Auld 2 years
10/11/11 - Col - sign Mike Knuble 1 year
10/13/11 - Col - sign Brett Clarke 1 year
10/14/11 - Flo - sign Niclas Bergfors 2 years
10/16/11 - Stl - sign Dominic Moore 1 year
10/18/11 - Phx - sign Jochen Hecht 1 year
10/21/11 - Edm - sign Bryan McCabe and Jeff Hereema 1 year each

Taylor Hall - injured 5 weeks
Bryan Little - injured 4 weeks
Mike Green - injured 2-3 weeks
[/FIELDSET]

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
I feel alone tonight :( Getting tired of reading my own stuff. lol Another update coming up soon.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
SOURAY BACK FROM INJURY

The Ducks might be in need of Souray's booming shot to help get some goals up. As of late the Ducks have slid to a 5-7-1 start to the season. Many were hoping Holmstrom would be the help needed on the PP but clearly there is something else missing. Holmstrom on 0-2-2 in 8 games is by no means great.

Some notable players thus far for the Ducks would be Berglund who has 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points in 11 games. Along with Teemu Selanne with 8 points in 11 games. Selanne has been playing on the third line with Saku Koivu, but has recently been bumped onto the 2nd line alongside Berglund and Holmstrom.

10/25/11 - Flo - sign Alex Stalock 2 years
10/25/11 - Win - sign Radek Dvorak 1 year
10/28/11 - Edm - sign Rod Pelley 1 year
10/31/11 - Dal - sign Randy Robitaille 1 year
10/31/11 - Col - sign Robert Nilsson 1 year
10/31/11 - Cal - sign Daymon Langkow 1 year
10/31/11 - Chi - sign Adam Mair 1 year

Dennis Wideman - injured 3-4 weeks
Colorado Claims Wade Redden of Waivers for New York Rangers
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited:

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
masthead2.jpg
LYDMAN IN, BEAUCHEMIN OUT

Shortly after recovering from his injury Lydman remained a scratch for two games. Which then Beauchemin got absolutely flat lined by a big open ice hit by Niklas Kronwall. Beauchemin left the game on a stretcher and is reported to have a concussion. Before this game he was 0-9-9 in 18 games with a +1 rating.

'I wasn't trying to knock him on to his back. Just trying to keep him out of the play. I mean it was a clean hit and all. I have much respect for him and would never intentionally try and injure him or anyone.' Were the comments from a genuine Niklas
Kronwall.

[FIELDSET="Other Team News"]
Jean Francois Jacques Dressed
Daniel Winnik Scratched
Jeff Deslauriers injured 5 weeks with broken hand (3-2-.945sv%)
[/FIELDSET]

11/2/11 - New York Islanders trade Nino Nidereiter + 2012 3rd round pick to the New Jersey Devils for Mark Fayne + Mathew Corrente + 2 other prospects
11/21/11 - Florida trade Mark Cullen + 2012 4th round pick to Tampa Bay for Keith Aulie

11/5/11 - Phx - sign Aaron Asham 1 year
11/6/11 - La - sign Mathieu Darche 1 year
11/12/11 - Bos - sign Enver Lisin 1 year
11/19/11 - Nsh - sign Michael Rosival 1 year
[/FIELDSET]

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
2014 NHL Playoff's
Stanley Cup Finals

Minnesota Wild & Ottawa Senators battle for Lord Stanley

1317240509539_ORIGINAL.jpg

Senators d-man Jared Cowen and Cal Clutterbuck battle along the boards

By defeating Philadelphia, Buffalo and Washington, the first-seeded
Ottawa Senators will battle for the Stanley Cup for the first time
since 2007. Despite the fact that Ottawa's faced tough teams
with stars such as Giroux, Miller and Ovechkin, they really haven't
been challenged as many had anticipated.

Minnesota has had a much tougher road, facing the western
conferences top teams in the process. Nashville (1st) in round one,
Los Angeles (2nd) in the second round and finally Vancouver in
round three (3rd). By doing so, the eighth seeded Wild have bought
themselves a date with another top team, the Ottawa Senators.

With Minnesota and Ottawa facing off in the Stanley Cup Finals,
this is guaranteed to be one 'Wild' series. It marks the return of
two of the most disliked players by each fan base.

Mikael Granlund of the Ottawa Senators was Minnesota's top
prospect, before he was unable to come to terms to an entry level
contract with them. Dany Heatley instantly became hated after
he demanded a trade out of Ottawa a few year ago, and has
never been able to return to form since.

With so much on the line for both teams, this will be one to
remember.

Lines are as followed:

Minnesota Wild (8th)
Heatley(A, 89)-Koivu(C, 89)-Setoguchi(84)
Bouchard(85)-Brodziak(83)-Clutterbuck(A, 83)
Latendresse(83)-Christensen(82)-Johnson(81)
Sheppard(80)-Richardson(81)-Powe(81)

Falk(83)-Gilbert(84)
Foster(83)-Spurgeon(82)
Kampfer(80)-Lundin(81)

Backstrom(88)
Harding(84)

OTTAWA SENATORS (1st)
Silfverberg(84)-Spezza(C, 90)-Gaborik(91)
Michalek(87)-Turris(85)-Granlund(84)
Landeskog(A, 87)-Vermette(84)-Zibanejad(83)
Filatov(81)-Da Costa(80)-Vitale(79)

Kronwall(87)-Karlsson(90)
Jones(83)-Cowen(85)
Phillips(A, 85)-Wiercioch(80)

Lehner(85)
Bishop(83)

AHL Note:
  • The Binghamton Senators and Abbotsford Heat will battle for the
    Calder Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad