next season only: Point-Stamkos vs Matthews-Tavares

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

next season

• Point-Stamkos

• Matthews-Tavares

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Poll should be very close but HF will vote for the leafs due to size of fanbases. Reality is on average Tampa's C's are somewhat better playmakers while Toronto's are somewhat better shooters.

Goalscoring:

Matthews (only if healthy) > Stamkos > Tavares / Point (both posted career highs and have only broken 40 once, so im just gonna call it a tie with Tavares being 3A as point is more likely to improve than tavares despite tavares having a slightly better year this year)

Playmaking:

Tavares / Point (Tavares is the 1A) > Stamkos > Matthews.

Overall Production

Point totals for both are likely to be similar, once you adjust for the difference Kucherov makes over marner. Point/Stamkos paced for 44g/97pts per 82 games, while Tavares/Matthews paced for 46g/88pts per 82.

Honestly it's a wash, but homer vote for Tampa. If you made it Big 3 vs Big 3 it wouldn't be nearly as close, so this is a good question

As for Individual. Tough to tell. Last season Point was the best, since he is the best defender of the group, and didn't rely on the PP as much as Stamkos, but that was his first elite year. Matthews certainly has the potential to have the best year, while Tavares and Stamkos are pretty much a lock for 40g/80pt at least. It really would depend on what you value most and how your team is set up / structured in order to rank them, since all 4 are extremely close. However, the chances of Point getting to 100pts is the highest, while I'd say matthews has easily the best shot at 50g unless stamkos goes back in time and unbreaks his leg.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Assuming good health for everyone involved, this is too close to call. I'm going to homer vote for the Leafs, but honestly there isn't really any discernible gap here and I can completely understand why people would choose the Bolts duo as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad