Next season: McDavid/Matthews vs Ovechkin/Crosby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Next season: McDavid/Matthews vs Ovechkin/Crosby

• Total voters

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Matthews not so great but he is still better than Ovy so Mcdavid and Matthews eventough Crosby might even be better than Mcdavid still.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah agreed Matthews does not belong here at all lol wut, so voted crosby and ovy.

Should be Mcdavid+ Mackinnon

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Mcdavid is easily the best of the bunch. I'll take him. The guy that comes with him good for 40 ish goals and ppg-ish when healthy, yeah I'll definitely take that one.

Connor being there makes it the choice. Getting Matthews as well is a bonus.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Doesn’t make sense to anchor McDavid down with Matthews when Crosby gets a 50 goal scorer.

McDavid/Kucherov vs Crosby/Ovi maybe?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Matthews was on pace for 57 points at 5on5 last season, with subpar linemates. I think people are really underrating him here

5on5 point totals last season

#NamePointsGames
1McDavid6478
2Crosby6179
3Ovechkin4981
4Matthews4768
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Now 3 most common linemates

NameL1L2 L3
McDavidDraisaitlKassianRNH
CrosbyGuentzalRust Simon
OvechkinWilsonKuznetsov Backstrom
MatthewsKapanenMarleau Johnsson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Why does McDavid have to be saddled with Matthews?
Well Matthews is a pretty solid goal scorer. If he was playing with McDavid (and can manage to not get injured) Matthews would automatically become Ovechkin's biggest threat for the Rocket. McDavid turned a career 7 goal scorer scrub into a 27 goal scorer and Drai into a 50 goal scorer, I think Matthews would get a big bump in goals from playing with McDavid.

He might even make Matthews look like he's coming close to the hype we've been hearing from Leaf fans for years.

Last edited:

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Agree that it should have been McDavid with either Kucherov or MacKinnon. Unfair to pair him up with a sub 80pt player in Matthews.

Can't select the two best of the previous generation and then not pick the 2 best of this current generation (rather unfair).

I'll take the Oldies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad