Proposal: NewYork Islanders - Montreal Canadiens

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I mean I dont know why habs would retain any salary at this point , Habs dont have any cap issues for now and expansion is coming up.
Alzner is not a problem for habs salary.

The only type of trade i see is Alzner + hudon or Scherbak or even both

For lets say a 2nd pick + salary dump for 1 year left or 2 years max.
I would not be happy giving up a 4th for those unwanted pieces, nevermind a 2nd.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
habs already eating part of pacioretty's deal so idk if they are hungry for more humble pie

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
:isles

- Karl Alzner retained to 4M/per
- Nikita Scherbak

:habs

- Thomas Hickey
- Cal Clutterbuck

NewYork can offer Alzner a chance on their 3rd pairing and receive a good young player that could explode when coming back of his injury. Great talent that could fit Islanders up front.

Montreal receives a a steady D for their weak LHD that's a clear upgrade on Alzner. Clutterbuck would't make the team with all that foward depth so he's pretty much a camp dump that Montreal can absord and maybe explore a buyout option if possible.

Thoughts?
The Habs aren't trying to upgrade Alzner and Hickey isn't better than anybody that they already have on the left side , Clutterbuck wouldn't sniff the ice in Habland and Scherbak will get at least one more shot at the NHL before a decision is made on him . Pointless proposal that only helps the Islanders easy no from this Habs fan .

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Acquiring the recently waived Alzner, at his contract, is a significant risk for the Islanders to take on.

Without being properly compensated for that risk, that Alzner is finished and can no longer skate effective NHL minutes, Islanders don't make a trade. We already know Hickey can skate effective NHL minutes, Clutterbuck can kill penalties and wears the A. We'll keep our overpaid NHL players, Montreal can keep their overpaid AHL players: everybody's happy.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
habs already eating part of pacioretty's deal so idk if they are hungry for more humble pie
Ya eating 450k for 1 year to add Tatar and Suzuki to our team. Ya that's my type of humble pie. You sound jealous.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Acquiring the recently waived Alzner, at his contract, is a significant risk for the Islanders to take on.

Without being properly compensated for that risk, that Alzner is finished and can no longer skate effective NHL minutes, Islanders don't make a trade. We already know Hickey
needs to be replaced, but not here and now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad