News From Around the League - Part XXXIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
He'd have to take a discount. I feel bad for Calgary fans.

And if the Pens flop, I could see him going somewhere else for a chance too. He is calling his own shots between now and retirement so might as well go all out.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
NTC hurt a lot but it's also a shortened season. You can't make a straight comparison with a typical 82 games season trade before the deadline. There's only 14 games remaining before the playoffs.

Let alone an early exit, Pittsburgh is going to be the laughing stock of the league if they don't win the cup.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
i heard before the trade that iggy wanted to not be a rental, but to re-sign with the team he's dealt to.

how can they possibly sign him with malkin (and i believe letang) up for new contracts soon?

they can't. This is a closing window of opportunity and Shero is going for it hard.

images

They could re-sign Iggy at maybe $4-5M at most and have another $5M to sign their UFAs and RFAs. No way they are re-signing Morrow, Murray, and all the others though. It will be a call-up heavy year if they're going that route and Cooke is out looking for a job.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
they can't. This is a closing window of opportunity and Shero is going for it hard.

images

They could re-sign Iggy at maybe $4-5M at most and have another $5M to sign their UFAs and RFAs. No way they are re-signing Morrow, Murray, and all the others though. It will be a call-up heavy year if they're going that route and Cooke is out looking for a job.

they took martin; i want letang. we'd never get him, but still..

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
they took martin; i want letang. we'd never get him, but still..

Would be by far the most dynamic dman we've had since Nieds. The guy can be a mess in his own zone, but his breakout ability/mobility/offensive instincts are incredible.

But you know this board, he'd get dragged through the mud after every questionable play in the d-zone :laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The power of the NTC...

He held all the cards so the people draging feaster through the mud are off base...

It really doesn't. What it does is limit the trade partners Feaster can dance with... it doesn't mean he has to hand him the face of his franchise for pocket change to the team Iggy chose to go to.

I'm fine with Iginla choosing the Pens, I'm just baffled that Feaster didn't get wayyyy more then what he got.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
It really doesn't. What it does is limit the trade partners Feaster can dance with... it doesn't mean he has to hand him the face of his franchise for pocket change to the team Iggy chose to go to.

I'm fine with Iginla choosing the Pens, I'm just baffled that Feaster didn't get wayyyy more then what he got.

Yeah, it limited feaster's option to ONE team. And the Pens weren't going to get bent over for a player they don't absolutely need. So it was trade him to the pens or he goes nowhere until the summer....and you get nothing.

apice3*

If Iginla says, you're trading me to Pittsburgh or I'm leaving in the offseason and somehow Pittsburgh catches onto that, Feaster is going to get robbed. I have a feeling that kind of happened.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
but brah, the mainboard told me that GMs wouldn't do that to each other and they are too friendly with each other to rob one another. derp

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Yeah, it limited feaster's option to ONE team. And the Pens weren't going to get bent over for a player they don't absolutely need. So it was trade him to the pens or he goes nowhere until the summer....and you get nothing.

Shero doesn't know that Iggy wants to play for the Pens and the Pens only. It's up to Feaster to "play the game" and try to stretch the elastic as much as he can.

He had a extra week to "play the game" and try to convince Shero that he was probably heading to Boston or let the media do the job for him, wich was done yesterday night when the entire world was convince that Iginla was headed to the Bruins.

To me, it just looks like a botched move that cost the Flames several key pieces on a team that desperatly needs them.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
I agree with everyone else who wants the pens in the first round, we would have EVERY Eastern hockey fan that isn't a pens fan on our side, and the devils have always played the pens tough. Not many other fan bases would call for the favorites in the entire NHL in the first round. Only thing I would be afraid of is Brodeurs lack of experience vs morrow and iginla, he struggles against players he doesn't know well.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just hope they make the playoffs at this point. Not concerned with who they might play atm...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I men we are going to be one of the final spots most likely so lets see how it goes either way. Make the playoffs and don't worry about the rest

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
On xm 92 just said that JI said No to Boston and told them it was Pitts or nobody,,Not exactly dealing from a position of strengthen if you're Calgary

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

On xm 92 just said that JI said No to Boston and told them it was Pitts or nobody,,Not exactly dealing from a position of strengthen if you're Calgary

Again, what is said between Iginla and Feaster has no impact on the return. It's up to Feaster to play mind games between Chiarelli and Shero.

There's a entire week left before the deadline passes by and like some smart Gm already said "when you have time on your side, you use it"... I guess Feaster doesn't belong in the same league as the guy I just quoted :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad