NEW: Celebrini...Underrated? Chris Peters Thinks So, Talks Other Possible Sharks’ Draft Targets

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Lot of spin, but I thought that his comments about Graf were interesting. Skating stride and strength is something that can be worked on. The player just needs the right coaching and the right determination.

Reactions: DG93

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Lot of spin, but I thought that his comments about Graf were interesting. Skating stride and strength is something that can be worked on. The player just needs the right coaching and the right determination.
Yeah, I got the sense that (without blatantly saying it) he sees Graf in the AHL next year unless Graf makes big moves over the summer. Same thing goes for Musty and juniors.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose

Todd is always awesome. He seems much more optimistic of the future of the Sharks than he was this time last year. Covers a huge list of prospects, list is in the description. Basically every prospect from 2020-2023 drafts that wasn't playing primarily with the Cuda.

This was an outstanding interview. More like this please. It would be awesome if you could make this interview with Todd a yearly tradition. Maybe you could get some of the other development coaches to give an update on prospects after development camp.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
We need a Tommy Wingels interview.
1717981126580.png

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How so? Nothing I heard was bad. Musty has normal issues, according to what Todd said. I figure it was the normal, "you're good, but you could be better" talk from coaches.

I also don't read between the lines so help a fella out, lol
I could be reading into it too much, but everything he said about Musty sounded like it was tinged with disappointment. Like a parent who has lost control of an unruly teenager. Said a lot of things that sounded like “we talked to him about cheating less on offense and he hasn’t changed”. He casted doubt whether Musty would put in the work to come to camp serious about trying to earn a spot. Stuff like that gave me a weird vibe.

Reactions: DG93 and slocal

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I could be reading into it too much, but everything he said about Musty sounded like it was tinged with disappointment. Like a parent who has lost control of an unruly teenager. Said a lot of things that sounded like “we talked to him about cheating less on offense and he hasn’t changed”. He casted doubt whether Musty would put in the work to come to camp serious about trying to earn a spot. Stuff like that gave me a weird vibe.
It sounded to me like he was trying to pump the brakes a bit. There has been speculation that Musty could earn a spot on the Sharks. It doesn’t sound like Todd thinks he’s ready for that.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
First Will Smith tells Musty "you shouldve asked me to drop the gloves with you" and now Marchant says this?!

Oh Musty, you truly are Matthew Tkachuk-like arent you?

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
First Will Smith tells Musty "you shouldve asked me to drop the gloves with you" and now Marchant says this?!

Oh Musty, you truly are Matthew Tkachuk-like arent you?

Man, I’d LOVE if we had a guy like that.

I think my issue with him going back to a league that he destroyed is that he may end up forming more bad habits. He may be a kid that needs to be really challenged. But I also think there’s no world where we go into the year with Celebrini, Smith and Musty in the lineup, so…

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I think you are reading way too much into the constructive criticism and ignoring the part where he said "Only the elite of the elite don't have areas of their game they need to work on." Doesn't mean that Musty will ultimately work out, but in no way did I hear him any more pessimistic on him than any other guy he talked about.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
I interpreted it as he doesn't think Sudbury is a good place for Musty's development, so he's really hoping Musty comes in to camp and earns a spot on the roster.

It was infuriating watching Sudbury continuing over and over again to be going for homerun shots when the better teams like the Prince Albert Raiders would completely shut it down. Can't really blame Musty for it though, because he was just playing his coaches system.

Last edited:

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Todd is always awesome. He seems much more optimistic of the future of the Sharks than he was this time last year. Covers a huge list of prospects, list is in the description. Basically every prospect from 2020-2023 drafts that wasn't playing primarily with the Cuda.

Kinda surprised given all the debate about him that no one has commented on Marchant's comments on Cagnoni.. Starts at the 1:08:04 mark.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

I went immediately to the last part of the Chris Peters segment cause I wanted to hear his thinking on why maybe Will Smith shouldn't have signed his entry-level deal. And I get it, but I still reject his thinking. If the NHL is too tough or the Sharks just aren't good enough to make it possible for him to have enough success, he can always go to the AHL for a stint. I think you are just wasting a year of development sending him back to a level that he already dominated and to a team where there wouldn't be enough incentive to work on the stuff he needs to work on. He needs some of that frustration so that he has a reason to push himself to improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad