New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If you can print the designs on it (by the way, that looks awful) then why not go for something a bit jazzier? Make them look like camouflaged warships to throw shooters off

index-450x238.jpeg

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
All those new Brians' gear look sharp

It always cracks me up when people forget who owns what.

Like my friend that hates Honda but likes Acura...lol.

Adidas owns CCM, Reebok, Rockport and Taylor Made.
Nike owns Converse, Hurley, and co-created the Jordan brand which is probably it's own beast in its own right thanks to MJ.

Damn, didn't actually know that! Thanks, now I can't wear my Allstars anymore. Adidas sneakers, please forgive me.. I'm so sorry that I abandoned you. :cry:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I've been using Brian's for my entire life and I'm happy to see them getting some love among NHL goalies because I think they make the best pads, hands down. Those throw-back Trevor Kidd Leaf pads bring a tear to my eye. I think I would explode with joy if one of the Flames goalies used a modern iteration of Kidd's Brian's "Flame" pads. Those pads are what made me want to be a goalie in the first place!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've been using Brian's for my entire life and I'm happy to see them getting some love among NHL goalies because I think they make the best pads, hands down. Those throw-back Trevor Kidd Leaf pads bring a tear to my eye. I think I would explode with joy if one of the Flames goalies used a modern iteration of Kidd's Brian's "Flame" pads. Those pads are what made me want to be a goalie in the first place!

The Brian's glove I bought may be the single worst glove I've ever used. Puck would pop out of the webbing like nothing.

Vaughn has won my undying allegiance.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The Brian's glove I bought may be the single worst glove I've ever used. Puck would pop out of the webbing like nothing.

Vaughn has won my undying allegiance.

Strange, the Genetik II is the best glove I've ever worn. Maybe Brian's doesn't work for your hand. I say that because Vaughn has a very particular fit: either you love it or hate it. That's due to it's (Vaughn) palm-crease sitting high on the hand, so that when you (people like me) try to close it, it's as if you are using your fingers rather than your palm. I've found that Vaughn is very hand-shape specific, if that makes sense.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Think I prefer the look of the CCMs this year. They look a bit like Patrick Roy's old Kohos in that picture:

Patrick_Roy_1999.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
CCM is doing some better designs lately. They were a bit too basic.

Brian's was too busy but dialing it back on most pads.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11949417_10153569297449819_304576646299885411_n.jpg

"Birthday party on Varly´s new Avs bucket…

Semyon Varlamov was sure what he wanted on his new Colorado Avalanche mask. The Avalanche celebrates the 20th Anniversary this year, so Varly wanted to pay tribute to that on his new mask. How do we do that? Well of course all the cool Frosty guys from his previous masks set up a birthday party in the middle of the Rocky Mountains!

So it is full action with the Frosty guys, with birthday cake hats and party hats and all kind of cool party stuff. And check out the balloon one of the Frosty guys are holding, it is shaped like the Vasilij Cathedral… it's all in the details…

The rest of the mask is created in an action packed style which live and breathes the Colorado Avalanche… and it is snowing…of course❄️... And for sure it is loaded with all the DAVEART Trademark Super FX.

Thanks Varly, I love to be your artist!

Thank you all for your interest. And be ready, Varly and I have more stuff in the pipeline... @varlamov.official #varlamov @coloradoavalanche @nhl @davidofdaveart #daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart #nhl"

Last edited:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11221405_10153568786759819_7479801293971163612_n.jpg

"Starkbaum´s new mask is transformed into a viking ship…

Watch out! The vikings are getting ready to attack!

Bernhard was sure what he wanted on his new mask… since he plays in Sweden, he wanted badass vikings on his new masks… and he wanted the mask loaded with lots of action! I brainstormed and said to Bernhard what about if we transform the mask into a Viking Ship! And it's coming in from the ocean and they are ready to attack…?- Go for it, said Bernhard!

The water from the ocean splashed all over the viking ship and I started to paint. It is so fun to use the masks shape to create the designs. These vikings seems like they already have been in a couple of fights....

The closer you come the more details you will discover, and I love to load the designs with details all over the design and transform the masks into Storyteller masks…!

Thanks Starki! I love to be your personal mask artist!

Thank you all!❤

@shl_brynasif #shl #daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart @davidofdaveart #starkbaum"

Flax0

Aug 26, 2015
MN
Varlys mask is a cool concept with the 20th Anniversary and all, but like always to much of that signature daveart stuff

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Varlys mask is a cool concept with the 20th Anniversary and all, but like always to much of that signature daveart stuff

Asymmetrical masks always look bad. And in this case when one of the halves has a design that stops at a line that goes along the top of the cage, that in itself has to be a more prominent part of the design - here it looks like a design that's been hindered by the actual shape of the mask rather than something designed specifically for a mask.

And I've never really liked burgundy being the main colour on an Avs goalie mask, but that's another argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad