New goalie gear sightings for 2015-16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
11885154_10153553856129819_4933292247727844751_n.jpg

Johan Gustafsson and I have been working together for many years, since he was a teenager. And Pingu always pop up on his masks. It was Johan´s favorite cartoon when he grew up, and same for me.

And when Johan moves to Frölunda of course Pingu comes along, and of course shows up as an Indian. Pingu looks up a bit scared, he is afraid of all the shooting pucks…

Around it I created an old school design which breath Frölunda Indians to 100%. The indian Chief on the top in focus was a sure thing for Johan.

Thanks Johan, I am so happy and proud to be your artist and paint for you in your hockey career!

And just as usual the designs are loaded with details, among the a road sign, yep, you always find it on Johan´s masks…

Thank you all for your interest.❤
@frolunda_hc @davidofdaveart ‪#‎shl‬ ‪#‎daveartthecradleofcreativity‬ ‪#‎daveart‬

You know, with a few adjustments, that could actually be a really cool design for the Blackhawks.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
I actually really like black pads myself and think they look sharp but I wonder if it hinders subban from picking up loose pucks around his equipment as easily.

Maybe a little bit but then it also presents a similar problem to players trying to find puck around him. Offense and defense. I like the black pads but think his could use a little work.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...ubauers-new-caps-mask-for-the-2015-16-season/

grubauer-new-mask-2015-season-607x474.jpg

"Swedish mask painter for the stars, Dave Gunnarsson, released what he called a “sneak peek†of Philipp Grubauer’s new mask for the 2015-16 season on Monday afternoon. The bucket’s design, which Gunnarsson specializes in, is stunning. The promotional video of said mask, which Gunnarsson does not specialize in, is bizarre.

Like can someone explain what is going on here?
(click link to watch video)

(Because we needed some Matrix: Revolutions graphical effects in our hockey gear photos.)

The mask is similar to Grubauer’s masks of the past, once again featuring vertical, Caps-colored bars going down the front. Grubauer’s nickname, Grubi, and the Caps’ old Capitol dome logo are painted on the chin.

Grubauer was excited on Instagram when he first saw it.

"My new mask! Sick! Thanks very much Dave "

Up next is Braden Holtby’s new mask, which I’m guessing is that white Caps bucket in the middle of this other teaser photo.

11846513_10153527735429819_7498925377980330277_n.jpg

"NHL season is getting closer... @nhl #daveartthecradleofcreativity #daveart @davidofdaveart #nhl"

Great stuff. Just release the designs, Dave!
"

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I actually really like black pads myself and think they look sharp but I wonder if it hinders subban from picking up loose pucks around his equipment as easily.

I looked through some older pics from his junior days and it seems like he's almost always had black or mostly black pads. I don't think he would have kept doing that if there was even a hint that it was hindering his play. I play goal in ice hockey with black pads and I'm trying to think of a time where that happened to me... I'm certainly no pro, but I've never noticed the pads causing me to lose sight of the puck in close.

Evergreen

He has been pretty open about preferring black pads. His goalie coach convinced him to switch to white one season, but he hated it and quickly went back to black. He said he feels much more comfortable in black pads.

Also, the design might me minimalist, but I don't understand why anyone would view them as boring when they are inherently different than 99% of the pads out there just because they are black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad