New Goal Song (choices in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Even though I like Pantera, I think their song doesn't sound that great. It just sounds like a bunch of noise and then DALLAS. STARS. DALLAS. STARS.

I've experienced it in person many times, and let me tell ya, the Dallas Stars "goal song" is terrible. Just because they get everyone to say "DALLAS. STARS." doesn't make it good.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
this is a terrible edit and should be redone by someone with time and musical editing talent but something like this... I kept the gimme more gimme mores and the nananas
also goal horn and obligitory terrible digital drum fill at the end
https://instaud.io/kN5

I actually think with a professional edit that could be really good. Just get rid of all the lyrics and stick with the "na na na" part so it's easy to hear and everyone can join in.

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
I remember this song from "Tunes From the Tank", which is a CD they sent season ticket holders for the 10th anniversary. It was basically stuff they played routinely at some point in the 90s.

Shark Attack - The Wailing Souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5lIdSYFDM

Back back, coming with a double attack
Step back, here comes the shark attack
Back back, coming with a double attack
Step back, here comes the shark attack

I think you can shout along to the emphasized "back back" and "step back".

Someone on reddit suggested getting a ska band to do an uptempo cover. Now THAT would be California style.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Seeing how my pick is Na Na Na, I've finally figured out where I'd cut it from. I'd start from 1:03 and go to 1:38 on the youtube video which is about as long as the song plays in the Sharks sample video.

https://youtu.be/egG7fiE89IU?t=1m3s

So lyrics would go

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me

(Na na na... sung in the background all the way to the end)

From mall security
To every enemy
We're on your property
Standing in V formation

(Na na na...)

Let's blow an artery
Eat plastic surgery
Keep your apology
Give us more detonation

I think that song is so annoying, so I guess that means it would work as a goal song?

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I don't know why no one has suggested using "Hotel California"...

Everyone and their cat knows the song, it's a classic so should appeal broadly, and couldn't even be that expensive to obtain the rights for.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I don't know why no one has suggested using "Hotel California"...

Everyone and their cat knows the song, it's a classic so should appeal broadly, and couldn't even be that expensive to obtain the rights for.

Meh, not really high energy enough imo.

Should just do the intro for For Whom the Bell Tolls (the whole Metallica connection again; they should really milk that), or Walk by Pantera.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR

If they want a hard rock choice, Do It Again by Queens of the Stone Age would be an excellent one. Cut right in at the course "Won't you do it agaaaaiiinnnn?" and then there's even a "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh HEY!" part right after that. It would be perfect.

But personally, I'm still a big fan of the San-Ho Zay by Freddie King suggestion. It would be super unique, a nice tribute to the Whalers and Brass Bonanza in a way, it's retro (it would be a sick accompaniment to wearing their vintage jerseys), and it's the kind of thing that adds to franchise's culture, instead of just becoming a tacky, forgotten footnote, like the current goal song is, and the suggestions probably would become. I hate the fact that they are just looking for some garbage, throwaway song to get the eight year-olds at the game pumped up, rather than something that is going to be a lasting, memorable part of the franchise.

Mrguy17

Feb 13, 2006
East Bay California

If they want a hard rock choice, Do It Again by Queens of the Stone Age would be an excellent one. Cut right in at the course "Won't you do it agaaaaiiinnnn?" and then there's even a "duh-duh-duh-duh-duh HEY!" part right after that. It would be perfect.

I nominated this last time and voted for it as a write in. Best option IMO.
:yo:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

But personally, I'm still a big fan of the San-Ho Zay by Freddie King suggestion. It would be super unique, a nice tribute to the Whalers and Brass Bonanza in a way, it's retro (it would be a sick accompaniment to wearing their vintage jerseys), and it's the kind of thing that adds to franchise's culture, instead of just becoming a tacky, forgotten footnote, like the current goal song is, and the suggestions probably would become. I hate the fact that they are just looking for some garbage, throwaway song to get the eight year-olds at the game pumped up, rather than something that is going to be a lasting, memorable part of the franchise.

Totally agreed with your second paragraph. That's the problem with trying to replace a song like RRpt2, especially the MIDI version we had; it was a big part of the culture and atmosphere of being at a Sharks game. Obviously it's understandable why they need to change it, but like you said, they're basically just trying to throw something in its place. They're just going to keep having to pick new goal songs at this rate.

Daisycutter

Dec 20, 2006

I agree 100% with the bolded. I really hope they choose something classic and unique that becomes a part of the franchises identity.

I think this is a better version than the one I posted earlier:

Imagine that playing after Jumbo notches that 4th goal :handclap::yo::amazed::naughty:

Last edited:

Daisycutter

Dec 20, 2006
The Motley Crue one is probably the best of the bunch for the fan vote.

Yeah, Motley Crue is probably the best of the options available.

Its like politics man..None of the options are ideal but you play the hand you're dealt :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad