TV: Netflix : That 90s show

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can't imagine this show is going to be good at all outside of Kitty and Red. From that trailer neither of them really looks like they've aged much at all lol

Reactions: JabbaJabba

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I loved the first few seasons of that 70s show. Basically until Eric left.

Can't see this being good at all though. And agree with the poster above that it looks like Red and Kitty have barely aged!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I loved the first few seasons of that 70s show. Basically until Eric left.

Can't see this being good at all though. And agree with the poster above that it looks like Red and Kitty have barely aged!

Eric was in the show for 8 seasons.

But I agree it fell hard after he left. The new guy they brought in was terrible.

Reactions: Martinez

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I want to like it. Red and Kitty were awesome but I'm not sure how well it will play if they feature more heavily. The other concern is what I am assuming is Eric and Donna's daughter... looks like an exact clone of Eric in terms of mannerism. Congrats to the actress for pulling that off but it makes me worried about the vision of the show if they essentially told her "be Eric Forman".

We'll see. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Watched the first episode this morning. Not great. Red and Kitty were alright, but I found Eric, Donna, Jackie, and Kelso (who, IIRC are only around for one or two episodes) as just adult versions of their teen selves, as if the producers thought that kind of nostalgia would be more of a draw, and in reality it just stops the show from having its own vibe. Not sure what to think of any of the new characters, yet. It's only 10 half hour episodes, so I'll give it a go, but the first episode certainly seemed like a weak attempt to recreate the feel of That 70s and fell flat.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Watched the first episode this morning. Not great. Red and Kitty were alright, but I found Eric, Donna, Jackie, and Kelso (who, IIRC are only around for one or two episodes) as just adult versions of their teen selves, as if the producers thought that kind of nostalgia would be more of a draw, and in reality it just stops the show from having its own vibe. Not sure what to think of any of the new characters, yet. It's only 10 half hour episodes, so I'll give it a go, but the first episode certainly seemed like a weak attempt to recreate the feel of That 70s and fell flat.

A crap parody of the original?

I will watch tonight, but I'm going in with low expectations.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched the first episode and everything with Red, Kitty, Eric, Donna and even the brief Kelso and Jackie appearance worked. The kids, not quite there yet. But I'm reading comments that the kids grow on you the longer the season goes. The Leia birthday episode seems to be getting a lot of love at the superherohype forums.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
nice call back to the OG pilot and the beer thing. Just done a little differently. At least for the most part--the actors playing teens are actually teens--for better or worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad