Value of: Nelson/Lee to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles need Nelson and Lee for now.

The only way I would trade one or both of them is if it were in a package for an elite forward.

By themselves I don't know if it would be worth it moving them.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nothing sticks out. Montreal's assets are either much more valuable than Nelson/Lee or they the opposite. Picks and prospects would not be of interest.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
If by any chance Islanders GM Snow pulls a Rabbit out of his .... and Lands Vesey Then Kiss Lee Goodbye .

If Vesey is told by Snow he will be playing with JT....and Pap.....well who knows.

Brazal I strongly feel will make the team so Ladd can lead him on left side.

Obviously if you have Vesey and Ladd as your top 2 left wings Lee could be shipped out ! If Lee is Not in the top 6 forwards then he would have to be moved...

Draft pick or prospect most likely wanted back.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
As much as I would prefer adding skills on habs roster, I would love Lee's size and strength.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If by any chance Islanders GM Snow pulls a Rabbit out of his .... and Lands Vesey Then Kiss Lee Goodbye .

If Vesey is told by Snow he will be playing with JT....and Pap.....well who knows.

Obviously if you have Vesey and Ladd as your top 2 left wings Lee could be shipped out ! If Lee is Not in the top 6 forwards then he would have to be moved...

Lee's net front presence adds a unique element to the Islanders lineup. He'd be moved to RW before being traded I would think.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Lee's net front presence adds a unique element to the Islanders lineup. He'd be moved to RW before being traded I would think.

Yeah you guys needs seem to be on the RW. If you guys can indeed sign Vesey, the only thing i would see from Habs is an nhl ready prospect like Andrighetto and a pick or other prospect.

Nelson for Andrighetto and 1st pick??

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I don't see anybody giving Vesey a contract and promising first line minutes. I think all 30 teams take Lee over Vesey.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Yeah you guys needs seem to be on the RW. If you guys can indeed sign Vesey, the only thing i would see from Habs is an nhl ready prospect like Andrighetto and a pick or other prospect.

Doesn't do anything for the Isles, who need scoring down the lineup. Even if they sign a college star, doesn't mean he can step in and contribute. Lee in a 3rd line role with power play time would be worth more to the Isles than a pick and a player who doesn't fit.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Why would Habs trade a young forward who was on pace for 40pts last year playing 3rd lines AND a 1st round pick that could likely bring a player just as good as Lee for Lee?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Why would Habs trade a young forward who was on pace for 40pts last year playing 3rd lines AND a 1st round pick that could likely bring a player just as good as Lee for Lee?

The proposal was for Nelson, a 6'3, two time 20 goal scorer who had 25 last year.

NYI wouldn't trade either for that package.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

Man you clearly don't understand why teams make trades.

And Ghetto wasn't on pace to make 40 pts. He may be this year but wasn't last year.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The proposal was for Nelson, a 6'3, two time 20 goal scorer who had 25 last year.

I think Andrighetto is absolutely underrated on HFboards.I wouldn't be surprise if he hits 0,5 pts/game if he plays is fair share of time on the top 6.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

I personnaly do not think that switching the 30-40pts Andrighetto will get ina more offensive slot this year for a bigger guy is worth a 1st round pick.

We got bigger in the past couple of season IMO. As soon as DD leaves the top 2 lines we'll be fine in terms of height/weight wise...

Considerign we could also give McCarron a shot makes it completely stupid for us to trade a 1st round pick when the team is getting older and we need to also stockpile good prospects. That pick could likely end up top 10 and there is NO WAY Brock nelson is worth a top10 pick.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think Andrighetto is absolutely underrated on HFboards.I wouldn't be surprise if he hits 0,5 pts/game if he plays is fair share of time on the top 6.

He has 100% become the token guy Habs fans offer in 80% of proposals.

"Sven and a pick" is the new "Ryder Halak 2nd"

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
He has 100% become the token guy Habs fans offer in 80% of proposals.

"Sven and a pick" is the new "Ryder Halak 2nd"

I really haven't seen this.

Emelin has been more widely discussed than Sven on this board, imo.

All teams offer up the guys they deem expendable. The fact that a certain habs' player shows up more than others might have more to do with the amount of habs fans on this board than the actual value of that player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad